Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 DR SAS will do at least 24 deg drive or passenger side as they have us try it on a obstacle at Moab Off-Roadeo . The instructor knew the hill could get you 23-24 deg if you really tried and the Bronco had no issue and did not feel unstable at all.
10 degrees crossing mine tailings in co made me get out and walk.

The guy driving made fun of me but on the way back out, drivers side was downhil (i stayed in on the way back), when he started across he said, "now I know why you got out"
Sponsored

JLendo18

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 1st Edition Bronco Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had mine at 20deg the other day passenger side roll. (The video shows it well)

And rearward at 42deg

Forward at 33deg

I looked after doing that and couldn't find the info.

What I can say is the little bronco that tells me my degrees stayed in the green I was trying to see if it would change colors.

IMG_1342.jpg
IMG_8226.jpg
IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_8245.PNG

Nice to see someone out there pushing it.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hit 20 roll to the driver's side last weekend. High pucker factor as I was staring out my window down a 100 ft dropoff! Don't wanna test anything higher than that on a ledge though.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fall = center of gravity outside the base of support. That's true for a vehicle as well as a person. If you move the center of gravity up, then it will cross outside the base of support quicker.
For illustration only - the numbers are not relevant to this discussion:
Ford Bronco Max climbing angle before tipping over? Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 1.26.56 PM

Last edited:

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For what it's worth, the instructor I sat with at the Bronco Iron Mountain off-road event in Dahlonega last weekend had us comfortably take it to a 20-25 degrees driver side angle (according to on board computer). He said he has taken it to 30 degrees in the past, but things start to feel pretty sketchy at that point.

Sponsored

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vegas Off-Roadeo guide stated that Ford has conservatively said 30° on side but they had pushed it to 35° before. Again there are other variables and not verified by my own eyes.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Vegas Off-Roadeo guide stated that Ford has conservatively said 30° on side but they had pushed it to 35° before. Again there are other variables and not verified by my own eyes.
I've been wondering what angle I could get away with and not roll it over. It sounds good to not exceed 30°. Was that on a Sasquatch, or some less tall version of Bronco?

I'm mainly concerned about how steep of a hill I could safely make a U-turn on. I will probably never be on one that is even 30 degrees, though.

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been wondering what angle I could get away with and not roll it over. It sounds good to not exceed 30°. Was that on a Sasquatch, or some less tall version of Bronco?

I'm mainly concerned about how steep of a hill I could safely make a U-turn on. I will probably never be on one that is even 30 degrees, though.
That was Sasquatch. I've been in situations in my Jeep that I knew I was about to flip sideways just on some rutted trails. I'm going to have to build up confidence here slowly.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For what it's worth, the instructor I sat with at the Bronco Iron Mountain off-road event in Dahlonega last weekend had us comfortably take it to a 20-25 degrees driver side angle (according to on board computer). He said he has taken it to 30 degrees in the past, but things start to feel pretty sketchy at that point.
Same, I got it up to 25-26 degrees both passenger and driver side while in the crawler gear in a non SAS 7mt black diamond at Iron Mountain. Front to back is another story. just don't gas or heavy brake.

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trying to figure out what I can do. So I came to this page. I did not have the roll/pitch screen on like I should have most of the time, an issue I'll fix next time, but I was able to hit a 34 degrees climb slightly, very slightly sideways. It climbed it with no issues other than my pucker factor going nuts. All I see if sky because I have a stripped down Badlands, no cameras, all guts and glory...or stupidty... Curious to roll angles here too, as many are posting. Super fun trip to Hardrock in Ocala, FL. Really got the Bronco out for lots of billy goat action instead of mud. Curious to what, if any, Ford publishes as factory specs. Also, I was concerned as a "new" 4 wheeler about the manual transmission. No concerns now, that thing is a beast, much easier to off road that I ever thought, no doubt because of a 4.7 rear end and C gear...plus 4L here and there.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Trying to figure out what I can do. So I came to this page. I did not have the roll/pitch screen on like I should have most of the time, an issue I'll fix next time, but I was able to hit a 34 degrees climb slightly, very slightly sideways. It climbed it with no issues other than my pucker factor going nuts. All I see if sky because I have a stripped down Badlands, no cameras, all guts and glory...or stupidty... Curious to roll angles here too, as many are posting. Super fun trip to Hardrock in Ocala, FL. Really got the Bronco out for lots of billy goat action instead of mud. Curious to what, if any, Ford publishes as factory specs. Also, I was concerned as a "new" 4 wheeler about the manual transmission. No concerns now, that thing is a beast, much easier to off road that I ever thought, no doubt because of a 4.7 rear end and C gear...plus 4L here and there.
I did this yesterday with an OBX.

It was a little spicy, but didn't feel at all too crazy from inside. It did look pretty gnarly from the outside.

BayStaird

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch 2.7L V6 - Velocity
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
4 DR SAS will do at least 24 deg drive or passenger side as they have us try it on a obstacle at Moab Off-Roadeo . The instructor knew the hill could get you 23-24 deg if you really tried and the Bronco had no issue and did not feel unstable at all.
This is helpful! Thank you.
I have a 4DR SAS Wildtrak and I was at 22°-23° this weekend at a local spot.
I was uncomfortable, but the Bronco did not seem as uncomfortable.
Sponsored