First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently: Mercedes Benz G550.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry if this was already posted, I hadn't seen it anywhere. Things didn't go so well...

6c05c58d7c4bd5dda266a4ee6a5c5a69.png
Should have used that assent assist feature which brakes when you're not on the accelerator. I did the Off rodeo in Nevada Wednesday this week and this is exactly what that is designed to prevent. And it works like a champ. Too bad.
Sponsored

atm0706

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 RX-7 / 02 WRX wagon / 06 STi / 21 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If that's true... Does Ford cover the damage?

I mean, if the engine dies while doing something like this. It's not the owner's fault technically.

What if the engine died while driving on the highway, in the rain or something, and it caused an accident?

Just asking... 🤔
There no way Ford, or any manufacturer, would cover that. Warranties are only for "normal operating conditions". He's also running 40" tires among other things. Once he even filled them half full of water lol. That's like 200lb per corner at least.

This guy is wild. Never seen a post or video where he didn't break something.

FLOBBRONCO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've watched a few of his videos and all I can think of is.... How NOT to customize nor how to drive my Bronco.​
Glad he is well.​

CJtoJLU

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon Extreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Isn’t this the guy who really only has videos of himself damaging his Broncos? Then making chintzy stuff to try to “fix the weaknesses he finds”

Sponsored

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Should have used that assent assist feature which brakes when you're not on the accelerator. I did the Off rodeo in Nevada Wednesday this week and this is exactly what that is designed to prevent. And it works like a champ. Too bad.
On a simple obstacle it would work but on something like this that is a must make situation if you lose forward progress on anything super steep sometimes the best thing you can do it put it in neutral and try loosely using the brakes to control downhill speed but do not lock them up because you are never going to be able to stop. Sounds like he is still in Drive that that was the angry snap sounds with the transmission slipping.

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently: Mercedes Benz G550.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On a simple obstacle it would work but on something like this that is a must make situation if you lose forward progress on anything super steep sometimes the best thing you can do it put it in neutral and try loosely using the brakes to control downhill speed but do not lock them up because you are never going to be able to stop. Sounds like he is still in Drive that that was the angry snap sounds with the transmission slipping.
Point taken. I am, admittedly, a rank amateur at off roading. But, I'm looking forward to getting my Bronco and learning a lot more.

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe it. The same thing happened to me at an off-road event here in Colorado Springs. I was going up a very steep incline (2-door OBX w/2.7) and the engine stalled near the top. It was the weirdest thing and it took a few moments for my brain to register what had happened. I rolled backwards into a rut, but I didn't topple over. Still, unexpected and unnerving.
So I’m curious. If the engine stalls in that situation what is the correct way of handling it? My gut says to brake / parking brake. And then re-start the engine and continue? Of course you may need to back down a bit. Asking cause I want to learn. Thx.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’m curious. If the engine stalls in that situation what is the correct way of handling it? My gut says to brake / parking brake. And then re-start the engine and continue? Of course you may need to back down a bit. Asking cause I want to learn. Thx.
On steep incline like that your brakes aren't going to hold you and you will slide. Feather the brakes (don't lock them up) try to steer the best you can & hope. If you have the presence of mind & time try to start the engine.
Sponsored