First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dude, I'd not go there with regards to how people use their vehicles for utility purposes. You don't know us and you haven't even entered the Bronco family. Sorry I was there way before you. Many a time spent cutting firewood and hauling a full load in the back of the Bronco. Oh wait, it is fully carpeted (Ranger interior). Still own the same Bronco since the family bought it new. Just stop.
People assume I'm an idiot that's gonna wash my interior out with a hose or a pressure washer and I'll assume people that just don't get what I'm trying to say, or don't get the purpose of a rubberized interior don't use their vehicle for any sort of utility. You do see I said some. Sorry you took offense to that. If it's not you then obviously not directed at you.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fish guts and dog shit all over your vehicle interiors?

From my perspective, I donā€™t think itā€™s the carpet in the car thatā€™s your problem.
OMG YOU GUYS ARE CRACKING ME UP TONIGHT!

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get a weather mat for the back then? Easy as pie. Ford never claimed to have a weatherproof vehicle top to bottom.
Seriously. You should see the Sahara desert full of sand in my front F150 mats right now. Dew in the mornings in Florida means 20 pounds of sand sticks to my boots and settles in my rubberized mats. No biggie.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As a person who has driven vinyl interior fleet vehicles for a few decades let me tell ya, vinyl is good.

One fella moved on in his career and the person who got his rig next found half eaten food stuffed behind and under the seats. Sure enough a hose was employed to wash that puppy out, roaches and all.

I will wait for a aftermarket rubber floor and it should be available by the time my carpet is ragged out. I do like Fords floor, just think at the moment they are too proud of it.

Also, folded down the third row and put a liner in the back of our Explorer, it works the champ, holds gallons of spills and catches all the crap that would grind into the carpet.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looked like you could wash it out to me.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have only said this and posted pictures several times. For some reason people don't get that:
a) they don't need rubber floors to wash out the (floors of the) interior - they can do that with any Bronco model by just pulling up the carpet and manually pulling the plugs
b) wash out doesn't mean hose the entire interior down

That said, it will be interesting to see what comes on the back of the marine grade vinyl seats, because the carpet on the back of my Rubicon seats gets saw dust and spllinter stuck on it when you slide wood in and out.
After seeing the 2door badlands today and the sport, I know Iā€™ll be getting the ford accessory rubber mat that clips onto the back of rear seats. The badlands had the rubber floor with drain plugs and still had the 2 clips for rubber or carpet floormats like my f150 has.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

After seeing the 2door badlands today and the sport, I know Iā€™ll be getting the ford accessory rubber mat that clips onto the back of rear seats. The badlands had the rubber floor with drain plugs and still had the 2 clips for rubber or carpet floormats like my f150 has.
It lists in the specs that the two door gets carpet floor mats for the BL. Not sure I would use a carpet mat ...

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Roflmfao @ this thread. Thanks fellas... i needed a good laugh this morning...

Im still getting my black diamond and IDGAF if back of 2nd row has carpet.

My thoughts on why i want the marine interior:

1. Tracking in mud from duck hunting
2. Drinks spilling... although im still on fence on letting kids in my bronco anyway to spill said drinks in the first place... may have my 16 year old drive the 08 odyssey kid hauler behind whilst the girlfriend and I cruise in our Bronco with the top and doors off and the sound system cranked up... lol

3. A light shower while parked at the lake with top down wont send me scrambling to save the interior... ill still put top up but i can finish my beer first...

4. If i am wad fishing or swimming at the lake and my trunks are wet.... i dont care... can hop in dripping wet if i want. No "towels on the leather seats" if girlfriend or i have a wet swimsuit.

Final notes:

Dont have dogs nor do I want them and if I have any I'm not taking them with me. I damn sure not having some mutt that shits in my car!!! A bigger problem with dogs is claw marks on your seats... I'm not allowing dogs in my Bronco no matter what.

Fish guts in bronco? Dude... What kind of fish are you gutting? Jaws? If cleaning fish messes you up so bad your tracking guts into the Bronco you may want to evaluate cleaning techniques... lol

Only thing funnier than this thread will be the thread after these things hit the streets and some dude who literally hoses it out with high pressure complains because half the dash shorted out... lol

Even if Ford says the interior's waterproof there's a huge difference between "waterproof" and "high pressure water proof." Lol
Funny thing though, my 2 large dogs behave better than many peoples kids and I cant say Ive known a dog to crap in a car. My dogs don't sit on seats, seats folded up in f150 with rubber rear floor covering, rear seat removed in wrangler and seat folded down at all times in the grand cherokee with a rubber cargo mat.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It lists in the specs that the two door gets carpet floor mats for the BL. Not sure I would use a carpet mat ...
Then similar to my truck, I would pull the carpet mat and get some some rubber mat that uses the same clips or not run mats at all, although the BL area around the drains were not large channels to collect melted snow and not sure I want to be pulling plugs during the winter To drain melted snow.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Read back three posts.
Yeah that never said the entire vehicle. :) People really believe all the electronics in the Bronco can just get wet? Come on kids.
Sponsored