Sponsored

Washout Interior on BL and BD - How Thick is Rubber Floor?

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not read nor does google help me find any information on how thick/heavy the "rubberized" washout floors are on the Black Diamond and Badlands. My specific curiosity is around sound dampening and maybe thermal insulation. I keep thinking of the very thin vinyl flooring from pickup trucks of yesteryear.

Has anyone read anything on this or perhaps touched it at a demo?
Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It is hard to tell much from this picture, but it looks paper thin. Does anyone have any better information?

OP
OP
Scott1911

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is hard to tell much from this picture, but it looks paper thin. Does anyone have any better information?
I think what we are seeing is the floor liners. The textured material all over the body tub is the wash out interior I believe.

OP
OP
Scott1911

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think what we are seeing is the floor liners. The textured material all over the body tub is the wash out interior I believe.
yeah, I guess I was hoping for something more definitive. Road noise and heat flow through the floor pan are more important to me than the ability to let a drunken UGAg fan vomit in my floorboard and wash it with a hose :). I am hoping it is thick enough that it insulates as well as carpet!

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
yeah, I guess I was hoping for something more definitive. Road noise and heat flow through the floor pan are more important to me than the ability to let a drunken UGAg fan vomit in my floorboard and wash it with a hose :). I am hoping it is thick enough that it insulates as well as carpet!
You’re the ones that drink you whiskey clear!

Sponsored

Opossum

Black Diamond
First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You’re just lucky you don’t have to play us this year!
We lost to UCF by 28, you think another loss to UGA scares me? I was born for this! ?

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same question, and more.

Aside from thickness, do we know whether this is a spray-on coating or a mat that is set in place?

I'm hoping that the rumors that the leather/power seat option = carpet in a badlands actually means that the factory simply throws carpet in on top of the standard BL washout floor (if it is sprayed on). This would mean more insulation and the ability to easily delete carpet if so desired. Doubtful I know.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would hope it’s sprayed in because that would help against rotting floor boards. If there is room between the metal and the rubber floor that will definitely rust early on from water sitting in between them

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same question, and more.

Aside from thickness, do we know whether this is a spray-on coating or a mat that is set in place?

I'm hoping that the rumors that the leather/power seat option = carpet in a badlands actually means that the factory simply throws carpet in on top of the standard BL washout floor (if it is sprayed on). This would mean more insulation and the ability to easily delete carpet if so desired. Doubtful I know.
It almost definitely won't be spray in. It looks like it is molded vinyl floor with insulation underneath. Hard to tell until we actually get to drive/ride in a production vehicle. I have sort of accepted that it will be louder than a Ranger and quieter than my Jeep LJ. I will add a Hothead liner and the noise reducing kit. If it's still to loud, I will add sound deadening mat to the floor. I am curious about the rubber mats over the vinyl floor, I guess it makes sense? I know I like my rubber liners over the carpet in my current F150, still easy/quick washout.
Sponsored