Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Elantra Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just asked the Ford rep this (same guy who was answering questions the past two days) and he said it is a result of the leather upgrade. Ford considers the marine grade vinyl to be the material buyers need to select if the truly want full washout capability.
Just make sure you don't get the leather upgrade and you're good. But even on the official press release and on the website, I don't think they said the interior was fully washout to begin with.
Sponsored

Locked-n-loaded

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.socalfj40.com
Vehicle(s)
'74 Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think this is a fairly petty "issue". But for the record, I also own a BMW X5 & inside the wheel wells is the same material. Essentially, it's water & dirt agnostic & easy to clean. but you could argue the wheel well is a pretty dirty area so I'd say it's a non-issue.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It has been pretty well established that all the demo's roaming around out there are franken-models. I can't see Ford sticking that cheap looking carpet in a BL and this being exclusive to the Sport:
1599771607763.png
This picture makes me channel General Mattis: “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But, I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: don’t let the Sport interior have better design features than the large Bronco.” I’m afraid though.

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

is anyone up for 3D printing molle rear seat panels that match the backs of the front seats on the Badlands? That would be pretty sweet if you could remove and change the rear panels

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has been pretty well established that all the demo's roaming around out there are franken-models. I can't see Ford sticking that cheap looking carpet in a BL and this being exclusive to the Sport:
1599771607763.png
Defender:
Ford Bronco Washout interior is a fail!!! 1604018456447

Sponsored

Doc Rocket

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Base, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
is anyone up for 3D printing molle rear seat panels that match the backs of the front seats on the Badlands? That would be pretty sweet if you could remove and change the rear panels
At that size, and since they would be largely flat, waterjet/CNC Plasma cutter, or something similar and in aluminum would be a better, stronger, and cheaper option than printed plastic. I hope that companies like Springtail Solutions will bring out Molle panel kits for the Bronco, as they have for the Jeep, Tacoma, FJ Cruiser, and 4Runner.
Sponsored