Sponsored

Tailgate wire FAIL (Edit - or maybe not?)

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My CB antenna cable is routed into the grommet on the back of my JK.
Sponsored

GrimTripper

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually like it being that accessible. People are going to need an easy way to re-route the rear camera if they put a trasharoo or tire cover on the spare
Or put 44s on and a 44 spare that'll cover the 3rd eye as well

Datoad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Jeep LJ Rubicon, 17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

EDIT: A few good points others have raised - (1) pre-production vehicle, maybe it changes. (2) good to have it accessible in case you want to fish additional wires for accessories from the interior to the exterior, e.g. rear lighting, and (3) apparently the Wrangler is the same way, so perhaps this is to be expected. But still ... seems dumb. Just one man's perspective.

Said halfway tongue in cheek, but is this REALLY how these are going to roll of the production line? They couldn't make the wire (presumably for backup camera) come out behind the spare tire carrier? And then Bronco Nation thought this was a cool enough "feature" to capture it in the photos released yesterday? Did the guy behind the lens simply have no clue what he was looking at and guessed that it was nifty? Or is Ford teasing us to see if it causes an outrage?

I was hoping to find other pictures where the tailgate was not this way, but the latest photos from the assembly plant are the same.

Seems like a disappointing afterthought. Is there any rational reason it should be this way?

*takes chill pill*

I am telling myself this is pre-production. I cannot believe any manufacturer is rolling out a clean slate design in 2021+ with exposed wiring on the exterior of the vehicle.

1602179760547.png

View attachment 45861

1602179662220.png
I’m not sure that behind the spare tire is ”exposed” but that’s the way is is on my Jeep. That is also how my CB antenna cable is as it is mounted on my tire carrier.

Datoad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Jeep LJ Rubicon, 17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could always replace it with Rigid Galvanized Conduit or M/C cable...

Joking. Seriously, I'm joking.
It would look better hidden more but overall doesn't bother me, still gonna buy one and rock it.
It sounds like an electrician is lurking in here.

OP
OP
Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m not sure that behind the spare tire is ”exposed” but that’s the way is is on my Jeep. That is also how my CB antenna cable is as it is mounted on my tire carrier.
Maybe the placement is intentional so it will show if you opt for the 30" tires in the base model, and everyone will know you cheaped out ?.

Get a 35" tire and it's mostly concealed.
Sponsored