Sponsored

Two good reasons for ventilated seats or maybe three!

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vehicles have existed for a few millennia now and somehow, some way the human species has managed to keep itself going without the ventilated seats introduced fairly recently ?. It's not that serious of an issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Vehicles have existed for a few millennia now and somehow, some way the human species has managed to keep itself going without the ventilated seats introduced fairly recently ?. It's not that serious of an issue.
It certainly is not, in the greater scheme of things.
But remind yourself that many features in your car that you would hate to be without today were also considered needless by some at some time.

But I see your point.?

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Family planning - not an issue as we're done with that part of life!

Swampass is just a part of life here in Phoenix - even happens with cloth seats. My superduty has cloth and I still get out with backside all sweaty. My wife's Beemer has an absolutely rocking A/C, but no seat cooling on the leather. I get out of that thing freezing in the front and wet on the back.

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are at least two (and actually three ) sound reasons why Ford and all manufacturers should seriously consider offering ventilated seats as an option in all their vehicles.

1. There is a very good reason your “boys” are hanging outside your body. Production of healthy sperm requires a temperature about 4 degrees below body temperature. The cremaster muscle contracts to bring your jewels closer to your body if environmental temperature is too low and relaxes to allow them to fall farther away from the body if the environmental temperature is too high and I am sure we all know this. Prolonged exposure to excessive heat as in a kitchen, sauna or hot bath or even on the vinyl seat of a bicycle can kill sperm leading to decreased fertility. A hot vinyl seat on a hot day of trailing can lead to shooting blanks later! :oops:
So that's two reasons. ;)

3. Avoidance of discomfort and the so called “Swamp Ass” alone is a good enough reason for many.

I know we are all debating within ourselves the various options and seatings as we contemplate the orders to open up and I am sorry if I have made this debate a little more complicated and frustrating but decisions can be better made with as much information as possible.

I want vinyl seats because of the advantages of easy cleaning and weather resistance but the above two points are concerning me. Ventilated vinyl seats with perforations should not be an issue in rain as the fan blowing the air can be located to avoid this.

Thoughts?

I've been neutered. No worries.

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My wife's Beemer has an absolutely rocking A/C, but no seat cooling on the leather. I get out of that thing freezing in the front and wet on the back.
Precisely the point.?

Sponsored
OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wow we're getting to IBTL-worthy threads now! It's almost like a real forum!

God dammit.

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow we're getting to IBTL-worthy threads now! It's almost like a real forum!

God dammit.
Wow! Didn’t realise needed your clearance to post! My apologies your highness!?

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wow! Didn’t realise needed your clearance to post! My apologies your highness!?
No problem! Just run it by me next time ?

Now if you don't mind, I'm gonna go back to thinking about how things I say on the internet sound harsher than I intend.

bravely

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
3490 s leonard rd, new palestine in 46163
Vehicle(s)
1973 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are at least two (and actually three ) sound reasons why Ford and all manufacturers should seriously consider offering ventilated seats as an option in all their vehicles.

1. There is a very good reason your “boys” are hanging outside your body. Production of healthy sperm requires a temperature about 4 degrees below body temperature. The cremaster muscle contracts to bring your jewels closer to your body if environmental temperature is too low and relaxes to allow them to fall farther away from the body if the environmental temperature is too high and I am sure we all know this. Prolonged exposure to excessive heat as in a kitchen, sauna or hot bath or even on the vinyl seat of a bicycle can kill sperm leading to decreased fertility. A hot vinyl seat on a hot day of trailing can lead to shooting blanks later! :oops:
So that's two reasons. ;)

3. Avoidance of discomfort and the so called “Swamp Ass” alone is a good enough reason for many.

I know we are all debating within ourselves the various options and seatings as we contemplate the orders to open up and I am sorry if I have made this debate a little more complicated and frustrating but decisions can be better made with as much information as possible.

I want vinyl seats because of the advantages of easy cleaning and weather resistance but the above two points are concerning me. Ventilated vinyl seats with perforations should not be an issue in rain as the fan blowing the air can be located to avoid this.

Thoughts?
Some years ago, Ford did have ventilated seats in some cars. After a few years of driving, the "vents" got clogged with sweat & dirt. Impossible to clean.

Sponsored

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And here I was thinking it was gonna be about farting!
Do you ever fart on cloth seats?
Soon as you get out, you get a nice big wiff and then it lingers overnight in your truck!

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And here I was thinking it was gonna be about farting!
Do you ever fart on cloth seats?
Soon as you get out, you get a nice big wiff and then it lingers overnight in your truck!
That's a tossup right there:

Leather = fart bounces back into the cab instatly

Cloth = slow release

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a vehicle with heated and cooled seats. By time the heat kicks in the cabin is warm and I don't need it. The cooled seats work, but I rarely turn them on. I live in the hottest place in the country, but the a/c works well enough that my back isn't all sweaty.