Sponsored

Why no ventilated seats, HUD, or other luxury items?

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think of it this way, the Explorer was the spiritual successor of the original Bronco (II, etc), but it became a huge mainstream success, and each generation became softer, weaker and less capable. No one here would take a showroom fresh Explorer off road like they plan to with the new mid-size Bronco. People who are why they're bringing the Bronco brand back continously watched throughout the years, people who wanted luxury in their utility vehicle ruined the utility of the Marque, eventually killing it when they move on to the next fad du jour, which signaled the brand to take the crippled mare to the glue factory.
Mustang enthusiasts saw that happening in 1980s and stopped the Probe from doing another Mustang II and they coexisted. Go buy an Explorer.
Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with your line of thinking, despite the "if you want those, you should buy another vehicle" crowd.

I fully understand the reasoning of off-road oriented vehicle, meant to be easily cleaned, etc. But that doesn't mean they couldn't offer the option for people to choose for those that may not take it offroad all the time and want more creature comforts. I have a convertible Mustang with heated/cooled seats and have the cooled ones on almost all the time. I also wish Bronco would've gotten some of the tech in the rest of the lineup, like rain sensing wipers, lane centering, etc.. Like it or not, most people will use Broncos as daily drivers and not go offroad much. I don't view it as a crime to offer more "luxury" features, despite what some posters will tell you. If they don't like it, don't check that box.

I also feel that sometimes things may be an oversight (like the lack of rear vents) and then the default explanation is "off road, cleanability, etc.

That said, I would've liked to have seen what is now called the lux package been called "tech pack", and then had a separate "lux package" with things like cooled seats, upgraded interior materials (dash, door cards, center console, etc) - literally more "luxury" features in their own package so that they're not forced upon any of the "buy another vehicle" crowd.

If there is one benefit to being pushed back to '23 with the painted roof, it's that I hold out some hope for some additional options appearing by then. I don't expect something like the rear air vents to be fixed until a refresh, though - like '24 or '25 at the earliest - as that requires redesigning the center console as opposed to more plug-and-play type additions like seats or tech features would be.

Yeah, you've got it figured out haha.

Agreed here - also have been reading less and less here - it's mostly repeated complaint threads anymore.
Unless Ford offers a non-removable roof they can't trust that you pinky swear to not take it off-road often and keep the roof on. They have to design this with the idea that it can withstand rain/mud etc.. I sweat like a w**re in church when the temps are above 80 and would definitely like vented seats but I get why Ford hasn't put them in. I could potentially see something in the future where the OBX becomes even more street oriented and offers these amenities.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Unless Ford offers a non-removable roof they can't trust that you pinky swear to not take it off-road often and keep the roof on. They have to design this with the idea that it can withstand rain/mud etc.. I sweat like a w**re in church when the temps are above 80 and would definitely like vented seats but I get why Ford hasn't put them in. I could potentially see something in the future where the OBX becomes even more street oriented and offers these amenities.
I mean if you go ruin your seats getting them wet, that's on you, or just don't check that box. Either way, it's not an option right now anyway.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's not a luxury vehicle and never claimed to be. Personally I am not a fan of HUD's. I actually find them distracting. The cost to build a Bronco is higher than a F150. The F150 uses the same cab as the SD, same bed, and many other components. While the Bronco shares the frame platform with the Ranger very little else is common chassis and body wise. Plus it is a niche vehicle that people will pay more for.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean if you go ruin your seats getting them wet, that's on you, or just don't check that box. Either way, it's not an option right now anyway.
Except, people are going to ruin their seats and start complaining about why their ventilated seats no longer work. That would be bad press and endless warranty claims for Ford.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco is a Bronco not an F-150! Comparing an F-150 to a Bronco is kind of like comparing a Civic to a 911.
Sponsored