Sponsored

MGV seats - Why are the sides of front seats carpeted???

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All this talk about carpeted rear seat back…after a month I’m just realized there’s carpet on inside of the driver and passenger front seats too…WTF is the point of that?

I hadn’t seen this mentioned before. Now, that’s just straight idiotic.
Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

MBV? Do you mean MGV? Where is it located because I've not seen it?

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope the do away with the carpet backs for 21 I beleave someone posted the my22 was supposed to get a hard service for the back seats in 22

Sponsored

mountaincat

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lincoln mkx, 99 F-150, 76 f-150 ranger xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm an upholsterer, there are a lot of seats done like this, wether it's carpet or fabric on vinyl or leather seats. The carpet on the back of the rear seats is so that when seats are laid down you are not putting puncture marks or tearing the vinyl when you are sliding your stuff into the back.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm an upholsterer, there are a lot of seats done like this, wether it's carpet or fabric on vinyl or leather seats. The carpet on the back of the rear seats is so that when seats are laid down you are not putting puncture marks or tearing the vinyl when you are sliding your stuff into the back.
thats great except its a wash out interior and the rear trunk area is wash out....

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would guess for squeaks. Vinyl against the console would probably cause vibration squeaks. I don't think a small piece of vertical carpet in that location would cause any water retention issues. I'm not worried about it with my MGV.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder how the FJ handled theirs, but yes pls would love to see some pics

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not trying to be a jerk here but people have some crazy expectations of the bronco and most of them are from never owning this type of vehicle before. I agree you aren’t supposed to really “hose out” the inside of it. Spraying out the floors??? Yes. Spraying off the seats….. no. The carpet on the side is to help quell speaks and rattles and the carpeted back shouldn’t pose a serious threat to cleaning referring back to you aren’t really supposed to hose it out. My gt350 has leather and suede seats and they didn’t use cloth on the console side and every time I get in it and the seat moves I get greeted with 5-10 seconds of fart sounds.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope the do away with the carpet backs for 21 I beleave someone posted the my22 was supposed to get a hard service for the back seats in 22
I would like it if this were true. Some type of hard rubber material. Or some sort of plastic. Just something for when the back seats are down that could throw muddy/sandy/wet things on and be able to clean easily. Carpet is anti that...

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wonder how the FJ handled theirs, but yes pls would love to see some pics
I'm a little confused about whether we're talking front or back seats. For the FJ, the rear seats had a hard plastic / rubbery-ish surface (based on memory). The seating surfaces were all cloth across all trim levels. My Trail Teams had water / stain resistant treatment applied from the factory. Overall a tough interior for one trimmed out in cloth. The back of the front seats was cloth.