Sponsored

Why no ventilated seats, HUD, or other luxury items?

PNW_Salmon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
  • Banned
After playing with the online builder since it came out and trying to decide if the next vehicle I buy in late 2022 will be a new F150 or Bronco, I have noticed a few things (that I am sure everyone else here has noticed): a very well optioned, 4 door Bronco gets really, really close to $60k, and for that much money in an F150, you can get an extremely luxurious F150. For just over $60k , you can get a short bed, 4 door F150 King Ranch that has ventilated seats, heated rear seats, rear AC vents, massage seats-just off the top of my head. I understand the Bronco is not the F150 and is geared towards being an off road beast, and that trucks and SUV's handle quite differently off roading, but it kind of makes me scratch my head why for almost $60k, the Bronco is missing a few things. I know ventilated seats need a blower/fan and having perforated seats with an open door, open roof vehicle would probably make them clogged, but for people who spend $60k on a Bronco, how many of them will actually tear around sand dunes with the doors and top off? Furthermore, plenty of F150s with the ventilated seats get used as legit work trucks and filthy-my dad's, for example, has muddy dogs, people, and Lord knows what else crawling all over the seats, and they still work fine/have held up. Same goes with the rear AC vents/ heated seats-I get that there is limited room to work with, but seems like they over looked a few things.

Could be nitpicking this to death as I am *extremely* excited to get my hands on one (hopefully) late next year, but was just something I noticed. Also, why doesn't Ford offer a HUD on the F150? Those are cool! I think even Chevy does on their trucks, and Ford imo has been kicking Chevy's butt the last few years. Anyways, any hopes/expectations that ventilated seats/HUDs/etc could get added relatively soon to the Bronco? Info has been trickling out for the 2022 model so maybe we will get pleasantly surprised? Driving on a hot day on the beach with ventilated seats on, no doors and no top seems pretty fun to me.
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Because the F-150 isn’t the competition for the Bronco. You can get a VERY nice Genesis for $60k as well but there’s not much to be gained making that comparison either

Plus these can be added down the road as net new features for new model years. Nothing would be gained by adding manufacturing complexity right now, there are already enough people clamoring to buy them without ventilated seats

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s an open air 4x4, designed to be taken off road. Period. It’s only direct competitor doesn’t have those things for the same reason…it’s not what it is.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

think of the bronco as offroad utility. i assume they add more but the f150 is more of a work/light duty truck. you want tons of features and offroad step up to land rover, they make great stuff. entry point is 50% higher or more.

also the f150 isn't offroad unless you get into raptor or sink a ton into it. also, no top removal etc. what you're really asking for is a lr defender for the bronco price.

VDPHB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Manufacturers also plan the overall lifecycle of a vehicle, with incremental additions and lifecycle injections/refreshes. It keeps people coming back for more as leases get returned and keeps buyers' interests.

FWIW - After all these years you can't get ventilated seats on a BMW 3/4 series and they just finally added them as an option only on the M3/M4. To think Hyundai/Kia have been offering them for years on Elantra and Kia Fortes.

I would love to see ventilated seats or at least a lighter color for MGV and Stop & Go on the ACC, but that's not the case either.

Last edited:

Bad Andy

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 335I Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe they are saving that feature for the “Lincoln” version that the bean counters think they can dress up and sell In a few years. Maybe the Blackwood II.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think you were using the wrong build-n-price. https://www.landroverusa.com/index.html
thats trophy. the hse starts at 69 and has all of the fun stuff. you can also go se at 65 and add climate/other packages.

edit: adding the 46 start range is missing most of what he wants. se and above starts the lux features although you can add packages to cheaper models like the s/se

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After playing with the online builder since it came out and trying to decide if the next vehicle I buy in late 2022 will be a new F150 or Bronco, I have noticed a few things (that I am sure everyone else here has noticed): a very well optioned, 4 door Bronco gets really, really close to $60k, and for that much money in an F150, you can get an extremely luxurious F150. For just over $60k , you can get a short bed, 4 door F150 King Ranch that has ventilated seats, heated rear seats, rear AC vents, massage seats-just off the top of my head. I understand the Bronco is not the F150 and is geared towards being an off road beast, and that trucks and SUV's handle quite differently off roading, but it kind of makes me scratch my head why for almost $60k, the Bronco is missing a few things. I know ventilated seats need a blower/fan and having perforated seats with an open door, open roof vehicle would probably make them clogged, but for people who spend $60k on a Bronco, how many of them will actually tear around sand dunes with the doors and top off? Furthermore, plenty of F150s with the ventilated seats get used as legit work trucks and filthy-my dad's, for example, has muddy dogs, people, and Lord knows what else crawling all over the seats, and they still work fine/have held up. Same goes with the rear AC vents/ heated seats-I get that there is limited room to work with, but seems like they over looked a few things.

Could be nitpicking this to death as I am *extremely* excited to get my hands on one (hopefully) late next year, but was just something I noticed. Also, why doesn't Ford offer a HUD on the F150? Those are cool! I think even Chevy does on their trucks, and Ford imo has been kicking Chevy's butt the last few years. Anyways, any hopes/expectations that ventilated seats/HUDs/etc could get added relatively soon to the Bronco? Info has been trickling out for the 2022 model so maybe we will get pleasantly surprised? Driving on a hot day on the beach with ventilated seats on, no doors and no top seems pretty fun to me.
You have come to the wrong website to discuss this OP…Intelligent conversation and maturity are not traits of this website. Yes, the Bronco is over priced for what it is, wrangler is the same. It’s just the price to play and the odds of those items being added are very small. Good luck.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the only thing I’ll miss from my Jeep Grand Cherokee is the ventilated seats. I am surprised how often I use this option.

That being said, I’m also not losing sleep over it. None of my other vehicles have had this feature. I would rather forgo this option vs. It getting gunked up with crap because the roof is off.

I had a HUD on my Audi; didn’t use it once. Found it to be distracting more than anything.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's an off road rig. It sounds like it's not for you.
Sponsored