chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've wheeled with tons of jeeps over the years and I've never seen the fuel pump cutout for any angle. You would think on vehicles designed for this stuff, it would be a pretty complex algorithm of angle and accelerations (hopefully, it is not some new over the top safety reg). At a minimum, it should not be kicking in at anything below rated accent/depature.

I had thought BB's rig was a 2.3 manual, but I guess if he has more than one, so who knows. A little concerning that another poster in this thread (IIRC) had the engine stall with an auto.
All of the fuel cut offs I have seen are inertia, not angle. Its the rate of de acceleration/acceleration that activates them. I don't know if there are any, but that is what I have seen..

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your right about us being passionate about our manuals, BUT I also know that for rock crawling and such that an automatic is preferred and that's OK. I understand matching the power train to what your using it for matters too.

For example: racing on a high speed track, a dual clutch auto with manual sifting is fastest... but manuals are still more fun for simple engagement. So if you want the fastest time you go with the PDK, if you want more engagement than records and like to row your gears then it's cool to go manual.

My choice of a manual is based on two things, the fact that my off road driving is limited by my pocket book more than my skill; if there is a higher risk that I can break something I just don't do it and that limits where I'd go more than my skills and experience. And, second because of my SCCA days.

So, a manual is more fun (for me) on the road/hwy and on the type of trails & pre-runner desert driving I would do in it.

If I could afford the cost and were rock crawling, I'd be hard press to not have an auto, but then I could afford a Mustang GT for my manual fix.
Totally agree, at this point in time manual shifting is all about fun and if you like to shift coo. What drives me crazy are the people that seriously think manual is better performance wise like they can out perform a auto these days. If that was the case the guys getting paid millions of dollars driving formula one would still be shifting gears not hitting a pad lever

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All of the fuel cut offs I have seen are inertia, not angle. Its the rate of de acceleration/acceleration that activates them. I don't know if there are any, but that is what I have seen..
But that does not mean they cannot also use angle in the software, assuming actuation of switch is remote (acceleromoter and switch not all built into one unit, like the older one's).

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's why I'm happy to still have one of these....

A39D22E1-E46C-4318-928E-4711005C29BF.jpeg
FYI... my 2021 Jeep Gladiator just died on me yesterday..... 6 months old with 2k miles and never driven recklessly, or taken off-road (yet) for that matter. It does not hold a candle to my Bronco WildTrak. Regardless... some people will do risky and stupid things- makes no difference what they drive.

BTW- is it me, or is your parking brake lever crooked?

Sponsored

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
FYI... my 2021 Jeep Gladiator just died on me yesterday..... 6 months old with 2k miles and never driven recklessly, or taken off-road (yet) for that matter. It does not hold a candle to my Bronco WildTrak. Regardless... some people will do risky and stupid things- makes no difference what they drive.

BTW- is it me, or is your parking brake lever crooked?
Bummer about your Gladiator - I've 30k fairly hard miles on my '20 2 door without issue - Forest Gump's box of chocolates I guess (the 2.7L owners know that feeling)

Yep, the handbrake is angled by design, so's we can get our meaty paws around it in a hurry without barking our knuckles - or missing the grab.

Ford Bronco Rock climbing fail - flipover 20220310_160643

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bummer about your Gladiator - I've 30k fairly hard miles on my '20 2 door without issue - Forest Gump's box of chocolates I guess (the 2.7L owners know that feeling)

Yep, the handbrake is angled by design, so's we can get our meaty paws around it in a hurry without barking our knuckles - or missing the grab.

Ha... never noticed that on my parking brake.... learn something new every day. I'm hoping it's a battery issue with my Gladiator. We'll see.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tyler Mason (@tmason10) from the BroncBuster team has an account here on this forum. Maybe he will chime in and put to rest some of the speculation in this thread?
  • Did the vehicle have an automatic or manual transmission?
  • Did the vehicle lose all ability to steer or brake, or just the power assist on either/both?
  • Did the airbags deploy?
  • Has the root cause of the failure been determined?

Last edited:

Nolabel

Wildtrak
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't get me wrong, I find his antics very entertaining - in the same way I loved Nitro Circus. It's his stuff to bend however he likes.
But that tipover was pure foolishness. Yes the engine stalled, but did it cause the brakes to fail? That's the only way it's the Bronco's fault (In which case my desire for a manual handbrake is even more valid). It's the uncontrolled backward roll that's the problem. Either a lack of brakes or a lack of sense...
Actually when it died he lost power steering. All these haters on here are going off of assumptions and this forum is so toxic most times. I've also met him and his wife and they would do anything for you on the trail he is very energetic and will work into the night if it means helping you get safely back off the trail.

I'm glad I met him and I have a new found respect for Tyler. Yeah he breaks stuff but where has he claimed he isn't the Bronc Buster?

Sponsored

JackAndKoke24

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha... never noticed that on my parking brake.... learn something new every day. I'm hoping it's a battery issue with my Gladiator. We'll see.

It is angled by design to clear the shifter when in 4 low.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That Hill at Sand Hollow is called " you gotta be nuts" its one of, if not the steepest and longest. The video doesn't do it justice. Not being able to steer at the bottom did him in. If he could have turned in at the bottom, the angel would have been less to the side, prolly could have saved it.

Lots of videos of people flipping on that hill.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That Hill at Sand Hollow is called " you gotta be nuts" its one of, if not the steepest and longest. The video doesn't do it justice. Not being able to steer at the bottom did him in. If he could have turned in at the bottom, the angel would have been less to the side, prolly could have saved it.

Lots of videos of people flipping on that hill.

All my fords with electric steering have zero power assist with engine off, even with ign on.
Sponsored