First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I personally think the Toyota 4Runner has almost perfected the gauge cluster, it is very refined. What I wish the Bronco was to be honest.

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fine with me

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like it the gauges, but I'm a Ford fanboy. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'll get used to it. What works for me wouldn't work for others and so forth.

However - I feel like all auto manufacturers really hamstring their technology when they drop 8, 10, 12 inch screens into the gauge cluster and then lock the real estate to some shitty UI and GUI that probably uses 3-4 square inches of total real estate for the practical useful info.

That's not an indictment of the Bronco - I've seen it across many manufacturers.

It would not be hard for them to offer a customizable grid (think quadrants, 2x3, 4x4, etc - almost like a widget for a phone) similar to what I can do on my (stuck in the early 2000s tech) garmin 830 edge cycling computer.

Basically what Ford is offering now just without all the crappy graphics and the ability to put what information is important front and center.

Could even join the 2010s and allow for - gasp - MULTIPLE saved screens for different drivers and/or situations like say - off roading and daily driving.

Come on, auto industry!

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just go trade it in for a four runner and leave the site already

broncocoy

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Audi A5 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Base
I believe sync 4 is capable of over the air updates, is this something that if ford gets enough feedback on they could push an update out to change? We have a tesla in the family so very used to walking out to a virtually new dash UI layout every few weeks... pretty awesome you feel like you are getting a new car every once and awhile.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Guys and Gals what's up with the myriad of the gauges and informational displays on the Bronco, can we all agree that its pretty much a train wreck, OK here's the good and the bad ...

The dash is nice it feels good its got nice plastics some color combos are really disgusting but lets put that aside because that's just preference to some ...

Overall interior styling is nice but the gauges need work ...

I do like the simplicity of the dash with the numbers of buttons etc not being overwhelming, but I dislike for example the double take they do on things for example, there is absolutely no need to have an airflow button then select it on the touch screen, all you have to do is have it toggle through the modes. Whats up with two speedos ? You don't need that, all those funny fuel economy stuff I mean come on ... you don't need to know that, you bought a gas car with bad gas mileage not much is going to help you ... let it go ... eco mode really ? I'm all for less pollution, but its a gas car. Did I say it was a gas car ?

The entire system up front with the gauges needs to be reworked, its hard to find info you need. IMO
Disagree. I like it. The guages are not to stare at while driving. Theyโ€™re to get quick information while driving and the display options available meet that need in mutliple ways.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

over 3k miles now and I'm quite happy with them. Never look at the speedo on the left, it's under my hand, so doesn't matter what it shows. I'd also never look at a tach, never did and I drove mostly stick. I drive by ear and feel I guess.
The info you can select is good, I like to know my mileage here and there, but just switch to something else if that bugs you. Could it be nicer/different? Sure, but then it could be even nicer too, LOL.
Shows me what I need to know at a quick glance, that's all I need. After only having analog in any car before, I'm quite happy with the speed display in a number, easier to read quickly. The up and down animated bar might as well not be there, but doesn't bother me. I find the entire dash very nice, clean, simple, everything where I'd want it, buttons for everything I want buttons (and dials) for, none of that nonsense of A/C controls on the screen. Only thing I'd prefer a dial button is the fan speed, but I've gotten used to it quickly and don't even have to look, just stretch my index finger from the shifter. Best (or equally good)
layout I've had in any car, mine and rentals, so far.

Sponsored
OP
OP
4runner

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I personally think the Toyota 4Runner has almost perfected the gauge cluster, it is very refined. What I wish the Bronco was to be honest.
i agree with this

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is clear Ford really doesn't care what you think, even when they say they're listening, will not do anything about this abortion of a UI, likely because it is a locked, regulated design.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I had the manual, I'd want an analog Tach. Also not a fan of digital speedometers. Kind of like a watch. I can take a quick glance at one with a face and get it, but if it's digital I have to process the numbers...

OP
OP
4runner

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don't like the instrument cluster at all. But I'll live with it. I don't like how so many vehicles are going so digital. If that LCD panel goes out you are screwed. Give me traditional analog gauges for the crucial things. Stick an LCD display in the middle for the fluff.
Sponsored