First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just throwing this out there, if you are planning to take your Bronco in the Rocks, raw "Beauty Rings" are the way to go unless you want to touch up your colored rings after every wheeling trip. If you want colored rings and don't care if they are scratched up then (y)
Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not really a fan of all black wheels so I'll probably be looking to add some color to mine. May try and get them powdercoated in an accent color. Maybe the Active Orange from the Badlands trim🤔.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

quick question cuz i dont know jack about beadlock wheels. can you just take off the beauty ring and roll without them since they are probably the same black as the wheel? also can you buy a beauty ring that will not be a beadlock but actually utilized the bolts to show the whole 24 bolt pattern of a beadlock? like i said i dont know jack about these things. thanks bronco peeps
The wheels that Ford are offering are "beadlock capable" which is different than just a standard aftermarket beadlock, so don't assume what I'm about to say is true for all beadlocks....

Yes. You can just take off the beauty rings that come with these wheels and roll around without them. The tire will be mounted inside the wheel separate from the ring. The reason you'd want to leave them on is because they are covering and protecting the numerous bolt holes underneath. I don't know what these wheels will look like without the beauty rings, but I would think that keeping them on will be best... but there's nothing preventing you from taking them off in terms of wheel/tire function.

As far as buying a beauty ring that takes advantage of the additional bolt holes... not sure. I don't think that Ford offers anything like that at the moment, but the aftermarket might... and in fact... they may already offer something like that for the Raptor beadlock capable wheels.

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two Ideas that don't seem to go together:

BRONCO & "beauty ring"

Personally I think the current fad of fake beadlocks, and bolts around the outer edge of the rim - for zero purpose except jewelry - will die by 2022. Cant be soon enough if you ask me, kill it with fire.

99.9% of people will NEVER air down to single digits to even need to convert their capable wheel to an actual beadlock. And that .1% that will - will only do it 6 days a year.

Ford Bronco Wheel Beauty Rings swappable? 1613693747460

Sponsored

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you can remove your Beauty Rings, then fill all the threaded holes with these!
Wicked!
& It will protect your tires from curb rash!

Ford Bronco Wheel Beauty Rings swappable? 1613694156564

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

99.9% of people will NEVER air down to single digits to even need to convert their capable wheel to an actual beadlock. And that .1% that will - will only do it 6 days a year.
Challenge accepted
Actually it's not a challenge. Offroading once a month is double that. With some trips to places like Moab which would be 3-5 days of actual wheeling, I'll easily slaughter that.

I am sure I am not alone, and in fact, I hope to meet up and accomplish this with some fellow Bronco peeps

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Challenge accepted
Actually it's not a challenge. Offroading once a month is double that. With some trips to places like Moab which would be 3-5 days of actual wheeling, I'll easily slaughter that.

I am sure I am not alone, and in fact, I hope to meet up and accomplish this with some fellow Bronco peeps
Lucky you live so close to actual massive boulder trails that you have time to go drive around in them each month ! - thus the need to lower your tire pressure enough - to need beadlocks.
Must be beautiful country where you live.

Remember, you only need beadlocks when you get down below 6-9 psi....

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We are pretty lucky in my area

I actually managed to not need Beadlocks at all on my Jeep.
The stock Rubicon rims held the tires beautifully at 7psi and I only had this happen once

Ford Bronco Wheel Beauty Rings swappable? 1613697999744

Nothing a racket strap and quick shot of air couldn't fix. DIdn't even have to take it off the jeep.

This was the rock that did me in. Popped off right as I got on top of it.
Ford Bronco Wheel Beauty Rings swappable? 1613697637915

I miss Paragon which is where these pictures are from.

Puppy approves of my Tire Flex
Ford Bronco Wheel Beauty Rings swappable? 1613698361007

Looks like I had a picture of the tire from a different angle

Ford Bronco Wheel Beauty Rings swappable? 1613698828121

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We are pretty lucky in my area

I actually managed to not need Beadlocks at all on my Jeep.
The stock Rubicon rims held the tires beautifully at 7psi and I only had this happen once

Nothing a racket strap and quick shot of air couldn't fix. DIdn't even have to take it off the jeep.

This was the rock that did me in. Popped off right as I got on top of it.

I miss Paragon which is where these pictures are from.

Puppy approves of my Tire Flex

Looks like I had a picture of the tire from a different angle

Great pics! Always amazes me how low you can get tire pressure (7psi!!) without unseating a tire.
Some wheel brands like Method even have advanced tire locking with zero beadlock ring.
I think you have proven the case Beadlocks are completely unnecessary.
It was probably easier to re-mount your tire (a racket strap and quick shot of air couldn't fix. DIdn't even have to take it off the jeep.) - rather than dealing with beadlocks!

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

quick question cuz i dont know jack about beadlock wheels. can you just take off the beauty ring and roll without them since they are probably the same black as the wheel? also can you buy a beauty ring that will not be a beadlock but actually utilized the bolts to show the whole 24 bolt pattern of a beadlock? like i said i dont know jack about these things. thanks bronco peeps
What about taking the trim rings off and then mounting a Moon style cover on it using the bead lock holes? Hmmm...

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"Warm alloy" color looks better than the monotony of an all black wheel but of course that's my personal opinion.
I absolutely agree with you ,I myself am going to go with that as well, looks sharp.

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about taking the trim rings off and then mounting a Moon style cover on it using the bead lock holes? Hmmm...
What about taking the trim rings off and throwing them into a river! With grandpas war medals....
Sponsored