Sponsored

Wheel Well Liner - Problems on the Bronco Sport - Problem for the Bronco?

351HO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150, 92 Ranger, 85 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for providing the two different photos. I was doing an image search on my own and some of the photos were like the last one with rigid plastic. So I guess, we can expect the fabric liners and it was naive of me to make the assumption. Mea Culpa.
Not naive at all! Glad I could help.
Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My '16 Focus RS had fabric liners as well. I was initially concerned that they would get saturated with ice/snow/crud but the liners were surprisingly hydrophobic. They never really got soaked and this was through multiple New England winters.

RiverRat001

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion, 18 Grand Caravan, 78 F250, 81 CB750F
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
+1 for that fabric composite being durable. Ran my 2005 Focus to 200k snowy&salty NY miles with that material, never had an issue. Gotta imagine it’s even improved a bit in the last 15 years.

edit: @Shotsy basically posted the same thing 10 seconds before me... take it as a sign?

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Be careful pressure washing them with a narrow pattern. I washed mine out on my 2012 Focus and tore the fabric a bit.

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

The actual post from the Sport forum. Another example of how things get spun out of context.
No ice build up!!

"Try to drive after it gets loose due to the bumper getting damaged ( in my case I drove on what I thought would be a puddle of water with a thin sheet of ice. Turned out it was 3” thick ice . I broke thru the ice and damaged my bumper. My wheel well liner got loose. When I hit the gas the loose wheel well liner got destroyed."

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be looking for a replacement due to the amount of time spent offroad. I work in the oil field and we use a mix of 250's and 350's that have the fiber liners. These trucks are on lease roads at least 50% of the time and the fiber liners don't hold up. By pressure washing the liners, it does cause the fiber to stand up and be more prominent. When it does, the liners tend to hold on to mud and ice. After a year, most of these liners are torn and ratty. I'm sure it will probably be much more suited for on-road driving, but I'm disappointed to see it on an off-road vehicle. JME
Sponsored