Sponsored

When converting to order do you have to be present at the dealer?

Wild Willie

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have never ordered a vehicle before, so I'm curious. I live in N. Carolina and I'm considering changing my reservation from a local dealer to one near Nashville TN. (My kids live in Nashville and it could work into a pick-up my Bronco AND visit my kids trip). My question is when you convert your build and price into the actual order, do you have to be present at the dealer? Can it be done over the phone? Online?
Sorry if this has been covered..
Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have never ordered a vehicle before, so I'm curious. I live in N. Carolina and I'm considering changing my reservation from a local dealer to one near Nashville TN. (My kids live in Nashville and it could work into a pick-up my Bronco AND visit my kids trip). My question is when you convert your build and price into the actual order, do you have to be present at the dealer? Can it be done over the phone? Online?
You don't have to be present and can do it online or over the phone. My reservation is at Granger in IA and so far everything has been done through email.

Hjhof

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m working with a dealer about 2 hours from me, he said the whole order and speccing it out can be done over the phone and I don’t have to step foot in there till pick up day if I don’t want to

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You need to go to the dealer. The Q & A specifically states it.

AU98

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am doing all my ordering/converting via phone and email. My dealership stated they had no problem with this. The only time I will see my dealership is at pick up. I would just shoot them an email to confirm, but I don’t see it as a problem.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd check out the pricing from each dealer before I'd do anything. It's easy to move a reservation, per some it's about 3 minutes on the phone. We have seen a huge difference in pricing up in here, as in thousands. I stayed local with my dealer because he gave me invoice. Others are getting $1000 under invoice. Others are at full sticker with ADM....

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You need to go to the dealer. The Q & A specifically states it.
To convert your res to an order you do not have to go to the dealer to do this.

OP
OP
Wild Willie

Wild Willie

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I haven't heard the first thing yet from my local dealer, not even an email stating that I had a reservation with them. The dealer I'm interested in is offering invoice... Guess I'll give em a call

Thanks guys for the quick replies

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To convert your res to an order you do not have to go to the dealer to do this.
Yup, I misread.
Will I be able to convert my reservation to order on Ford.com?

No. Process of placing your formal order is handled by your selected dealer. Your Ford Dealer will begin reaching out to you in mid-January to schedule an order consultation and take your order.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've ordered cars before and handled everything over the phone - in some cases even taken delivery at home. They bring the car on a flatbed, do paperwork at the dining room table, even program the garage door opener. Literally never set foot in the dealership for anything.

This was pre-COVID too. These days no one is making you go anywhere for anything if it can be done remotely.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, I misread.
Will I be able to convert my reservation to order on Ford.com?

No. Process of placing your formal order is handled by your selected dealer. Your Ford Dealer will begin reaching out to you in mid-January to schedule an order consultation and take your order.
Plus there be like 1000 people traveling to IA having to convert their reservations. lol
Sponsored