• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 10, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 10, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Washington When you’re colorblind and want to make things worse…

OldHippy

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr “Norby”
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Howdy all,

I’ve been chewing on something for a bit and think the thing to do here is convey a word of caution. I bought some Method MR705 wheels and BFG KO2’S FROM Custom Offsets. It didn’t go all that well, but man- it sure got worse today. I ordered on January 10 and was told there was a three week back order. No problem. Then it was longer. Having not heard anything in the way of an update from Custom Offsets, I reached out to Method to see if they had an ETA. They said they were in stock and things should be fine. I relayed this to Custom Offsets who said ‘oh yeah- they look like they are en route to us’ (paraphrasing). Okay. They weren’t keeping a good communication channel going, but that’s the modern world. This was mid February. The bill was paid and the shipper got the wheels and tires here in good order. Hooray! Well, no. I’m attaching some images to this post- one from Methods web site and one from Custom Offsets that show the wheel in question- in “titanium gray”. Another shows what I received (on my Bronco) in daylight, with the rear wheel being a copy/paste from the image used by Method/Custom Offsets to show the difference.

I reached out to see if I’d been delivered the wrong color (there is a “matte black“ option, and that’s what these look like). Custom Offsets said no- that I got the correct color. I found that stunning. I tried to explain that this is not at all reflective of the images on their site, and things started to go downhill from here. I reached out to Method again to ask about the color options, and was told that in this model there are only two- the gray and the black. Hmm. I sent pictures to them showing what I’m showing you, and Method passed the torch to Custom Offsets, who had by this point reached out in response to a review I’d posted (not here- whatever ”rate us” system they use). I’d given one star based on the color mismatch and dismissive “you got what you ordered” response from earlier and included photos- you know, so that it’s not just my potentially nutso opinion.

This is the point where I think things took an unfortunate turn. I heard from a guy named Joel at Custom Offsets who suggested that they’d be open to a potential exchange (though to what, I don’t know since an actual silver color in this model apparently isn’t available) or some manner of partial refund/credit. Great! No really- I mean that. I know that sometimes things just go sideways and it’s not a reason to go on a crusade, and this kind of response shows that a company is willing to try and make their customers satisfied. The problem is there were strings attached, and some weird awkward details that I don’t know- were maybe meant to be manipulative somehow? It’s none of my business, regardless.

Here’s what I’m talking about. From Joel’s email: “Considering that, before we move forward with either of those options, I would ask that you pull the review you had posted down. Either of those options is technically outside of our normal policies, so I'd like to avoid any pushback on my end from my director in doing so.”

He didn’t ask me to revise or update the review, in such a way that others could see that when things go off the rails, they’d try to make it right. He asked me to REMOVE the review. That really rubs me wrong. There’s no point in trying to deny that mistakes and misunderstandings will occur- of course they will. This was more akin to an offer of hush money. The part about normal policies isn’t my burden or need to know, and whomever the “director” is, perhaps he or she should be made aware of this situation. It’s not a stretch as I look at this scenario to say this is a false advertising pickle that both Custom Offsets and Method are letting slide. The color is wrong. It just is. Rather than own up to it and fix the problem at the source (with more true to life images), they’re looking to sweep it all under a rug.

Having thought about it a while, I’m not going to bother exchanging or taking any credit/refund because I don’t want to remove the review. It’s real, and I would like to have known in advance about the character of these parties. There’s a place near me that does powder coating for $100/wheel, and maybe I’ll bite that bullet- I’m not sure. In any case, caveat emptor my friends. Cheers.

both.jpeg

IMG_0096.png

image2.jpeg
Sponsored

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree. It’s almost like it was made to match that top. Pulls it all together kinda nice.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-Door Bronco Badlands w/ Sasquatch + Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the dark color much more, kinda matches the black trim
Was thinking the same thing.
I agree. It’s almost like it was made to match that top. Pulls it all together kinda nice.
That is hardly the point! Like them or not, the wheels look nothing like the images. These companies should want to make the images more accurate, so that this doesn’t keep happening and making future customers mad. All of them will notice.

OP, I appreciate your review, honest feedback, and unwillingness to take the hush-money. Sorry this happened to you.

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is hardly the point! Like them or not, the wheels look nothing like the images. These companies should want to make the images more accurate, so that this doesn’t keep happening and making future customers mad. All of them will notice.

OP, I appreciate your review, honest feedback, and unwillingness to take the hush-money. Sorry this happened to you.
No sh** Sherlock, but seeing that the OP is keeping the wheels, what’s the harm in giving honest feedback/encouragement on the look. None of the posts you quoted above said to remove his feedback, nor that his concerns were invalid!

Last edited:

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I may get roasted here, and I am 80% sympathetic to the client. but as a customer facing company having some space, grace, flexibility and discretion allows us to do more for the deserving client without exposing yourself to abusive behavior from the less deserving folks that are always looking for information to game the system.

There is internal dialogue here at Canyon if a 1 or 2 star review drops. It isn't ideal but I could see where the Customer Service person can do their job more efficiently and with wider latitude by avoiding the internal review process. The OP also traded away advocating directly with a decision maker to being at least one step removed from a decision maker.

I applaud the OP's principled take, but letting it play out, without the hostile review still up, allowed for reflection and perhaps a more fluid resolution. It would have cost the OP nothing, even in principle, to repost their review later.

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last edited:

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sure looks like the pictures from Method do not show the correct shade of the wheel so they should own up to that. The vendor shouldn't really be held accountable for Method's poor representation of the item, I think that is why they would like the review removed. If the review is about the service, that is different, but if the item representation from the manufacturer is wrong and that is the focus of the review, the vendor shouldn't take a hit but it makes you wonder where you should put the review then so others will know the item is not as represented.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best guess is.....
that is what the wheels look like in an all white, very well lit photo set up ... and it does nothing to show the real world color.

Method is not the only manufacturer whose "Titanium" or equivalent colored wheels look much brighter in pics than they do in real life.
Icons are the same way.
The customer gallery shots at all these web sites and countless photos here at B6G do a much better job at "real life color" than the studio does ... apparently.

These are mine in different light levels. I'd like a lighter color, but this is all that was available in a style I liked back in late 2021.
Ford Bronco When you’re colorblind and want to make things worse… 1710906906347-yv

Ford Bronco When you’re colorblind and want to make things worse… 1710907056457-5y

Also ... Just noted on Method's site that they now make the 703's and 701's in a machined finish. Kind of catches my eye.
Ford Bronco When you’re colorblind and want to make things worse… 1710907166645-r4

Gloss Titanium just for comparo....

Ford Bronco When you’re colorblind and want to make things worse… 1710907221755-r5
Sponsored