First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I drove one last week while they were repairing my real Bronco. It was ok but a far cry from the big boy. To call it a Bronco was a big mistake. Just like the Mach E, it’s not a Mustang. Ford get your head out of you ass.
Seems like they sell a shit ton of Bronco Sports. How was it a mistake?
Sponsored

PurpleBronco2.3

Base
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bronco Sport is built on the same platform as the Escape.

By the way, the Sport is going for up to $50,000 which is truly insane.

My favorite YT car reviewers just reviewed it and I say they were pretty honest about it.

For $50k you can get up to a Badlands Full Size Bronco (Non-Sas) or a Big Bend w/ Sas.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My favorite channel too!

Ford gave them (and a bunch of other reviewers) the Heritage Limited.

I for the life of me cannot figure out why Ford gave reviewers the Heritage Limited trim, because it not at all representative of what the Bronco Sport is all about. It's a max-spec limited production that obviously costs way too much money (much like the bigger Bronco Heritage Limited). And on top of that, the Heritage Limited was discontinued for 2024MY.

Yet that's what they gave reviewers... and just about everyone tore it apart because obviously its not worth the nearly $50,000 price that particular trim was selling at.

Bronco Sport is a solid vehicle in the in the low-to-mid $30,000. Yet they gave reviewers the model that cost nearly $50,000 and expected them to encourage people to go buy one. Like... what in the world was the Bronco brand team smoking?
I’ll take a shot at why bud. Think they did for marketing.

Think about all the Sports you normally see. For me here in Atlanta, which is a city full of expensive cars of all kinds, the Sports I see are just Big Bends, so, sort of rental car fleet level. I’ve only seen a Badlands once, and that was in the Northern burbs near the mountains and that kid looked like he took it up Forest Road trails with his Mtn Bike because it was on the hitch.

These folks here in the city, don’t do a damn thing outdoors other than walking the dog. My point? Well, that Heritage looks different; it’s not cookie cutter, so it makes an otherwise also-ran looking SUV (as normally sold) and turns it into something aspirational with some flair. The white top and grille do the work. I’ve actually seen several Heritage editions riding around here; totally different buyer with more money and who want to be seen. Well, until they pull up next to, behind, or across from my Bronco, then the heads lower. :)

The Sport may be an Escape, but it has Bronco written across the grille, which means in their minds, they share some of the “look” with us who they aspire to be without actually going out to cake mud on them like mine always has.

The reviewers having the “nice” one, helps to sell them all, and they do sell.

That’s my theory…. 🤷‍♂️

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
🤦‍♂️

Sponsored

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Gnomad They specifically did replace the Focus with the Escape, since Ford went "carless" aside from the Mustang

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They sell a lot because they are cheap in price and for the people who can’t afford the real deal.
We paid more for her OBX Sport than my Base.
But if you do need something cheap it's a good way to go.

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Gnomad They specifically did replace the Focus with the Escape, since Ford went "carless" aside from the Mustang
SUV's are where the profits are, after all.
Over in the UK you could buy a Mondeo (same as a Fusion) with a TDI and a hatchback. With a hatchback you don't really need an SUV, as you can load and carry a lot more than in the sedans we were offered here. Obviously a move to force us into SUV's....but since they cost pretty close in the end you might as well buy the 2-box.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco Sport is really a lot like a Subaru Cross Trek. The engineering thought behind it is very similar. Give it some decent 4wd equipment, some lift, and decent abs/traction control programing to make it work really well offroad. I think they executed the Bronco Sport pretty well for what they had as their goals. It definitely has more appeal than a standard Escape just visually if not functionally.

Dog

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same reason that they slapped a Raptor name on a Bronco. or a mustang name on an EV - instant brand-name recognition. Saves millions in marketing dollars.
Sponsored