Sponsored

Which Off-Rodeo is Best?

What Off-Rodeo Location is Best in March?

• Total voters

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw the horns off the Austin option and I'll vote for it
Sponsored

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m trying to figure out what Off-Rodeo to go to at the end of March. I have to fly there from Michigan regardless since New Hampshire is closed until later in the summer.

Everyone always says that they have a great time when they get back. What Iā€™m trying to figure out is which one is the best and why?

Thanks for your help!
You must've gone by now. Where did you choose? I would like to do MOAB. I attended Vegas (Mt
Potusi) Oct 7, 2021. It was pretty good but not much in the 'Baja' mode - which is my favorite. I guess it would audio depend on where you live and what kind of off road is you would do. I live in Southern California so MOAB or Vegas fits. It was awesome! Changed my order from a BD to a BL after using the tech... the locking differentials & sway bar disconnect šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

OP
OP
AllthePonies

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You must've gone by now. Where did you choose? I would like to do MOAB. I attended Vegas (Mt
Potusi) Oct 7, 2021. It was pretty good but not much in the 'Baja' mode - which is my favorite. I guess it would audio depend on where you live and what kind of off road is you would do. I live in Southern California so MOAB or Vegas fits. It was awesome! Changed my order from a BD to a BL after using the tech... the locking differentials & sway bar disconnect šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘
I ultimately went to Vegas due to cheap flights/hotel and the opportunity to see the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, etc. I included a more detailed overview on page two of this thread. They did change Vegas due to feedback. We got to go fast in Baja mode a number of times. I may or may not have gotten some sweet air. As a result, I really want a Raptor now since I realized you donā€™t always break stuff after leaving the ground. I heard Moab is awesome, but I also heard that I can do a lot of the public Moab trails on my own. I agree that the Sasquatch and all the Badlands features are fun, but itā€™s almost too easy with all of the ā€œcheat codesā€. I have a base Black Diamond manual so a lot of this stuff is still doable, but much harder and requires you to make better decisions. With the Sasquatch you can pick whatever line you please at Vegas and it will still work out. I like the challenge of having less. Of course you can tackle even more difficult terrain with the more capable Broncos so itā€™s a trade off. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll love your Badlands though.

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ultimately went to Vegas due to cheap flights/hotel and the opportunity to see the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, etc. I included a more detailed overview on page two of this thread. They did change Vegas due to feedback. We got to go fast in Baja mode a number of times. I may or may not have gotten some sweet air. As a result, I really want a Raptor now since I realized you donā€™t always break stuff after leaving the ground. I heard Moab is awesome, but I also heard that I can do a lot of the public Moab trails on my own. I agree that the Sasquatch and all the Badlands features are fun, but itā€™s almost too easy with all of the ā€œcheat codesā€. I have a base Black Diamond manual so a lot of this stuff is still doable, but much harder and requires you to make better decisions. With the Sasquatch you can pick whatever line you please at Vegas and it will still work out. I like the challenge of having less. Of course you can tackle even more difficult terrain with the more capable Broncos so itā€™s a trade off. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll love your Badlands though.
Nice! No Sasquatch for me though, just the standard Badlands. I had ordered the BD (utilitarian look, $$, rear lkr, washout floors, & acc. switches) for MY 21 but OR changed my mind. Either way, they're the two models I'd choose from. What's your ownership timeline look like?

OP
OP
AllthePonies

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice! No Sasquatch for me though, just the standard Badlands. I had ordered the BD (utilitarian look, $$, rear lkr, washout floors, & acc. switches) for MY 21 but OR changed my mind. Either way, they're the two models I'd choose from. What's your ownership timeline look like?
I ordered last July, got scheduled in November, built in December, and delivered in January. Super fun vehicle. Weā€™ve had the top down twice in Michigan. The soft top is great, but I have to hand wash with hot water in the winter to get the salt off. The affordability of the BD is really nice; plus, my Badlands order didnā€™t make it to scheduling in ā€˜21.

2B407642-A4DD-4060-B7C7-204E452FE4D6.jpeg

A5890DF4-1316-4508-87C6-79332F5D3464.jpeg

Sponsored

SmartyJones

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota 4Runner Trd Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wish, if you have attended an Off roadeo, they would let you goto another for a reduced rate. Nevada was amazing , but I would love to try either new Hampshire or Moab. Maybe even charge less for using your bronco and just joining the tour. Wishful thinking I'm sure šŸ»

NotGuilty

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did Moab Off-Roadeo last August and had a blast. They use the Dome Plateau Trail as the demo route for all the features with plenty of scenic stops and lunch. It is a public trail like mentioned before so it does bottleneck at a few obstacles. I would say try to plan your trip to Moab for a weekday vs dealing with everyone out on the weekend in their SxS or Jeeps.

SVCOFFROAD

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They are all great, but Moab is the only one on a actual trail vs. private land/ course. Moab is also an epic destination to learn how to utilize these rigs!

finpnw

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3, Ford 150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did the Moab off rodeo Friday. Very much agree with the recommendation to do a weekday. Weā€™re still in Moab and the weekend is crazy busy. In our group of 4 Broncos there was one BL without Sasquatch and one BD. Everyone executed all of the same obstacles easily. The non-Sasquatch did have to take a couple of different lines. They make you navigate a few obstacles without lockers or sway disconnect engaged to show how capable the base vehicle is - and how important your line and throttle technique are. Didnā€™t change my mind about not ordering Sasquatch but I did second guess the manual over auto decision. Wish I could have driven a manual with crawl gear while there.

Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Moab and that shouldnā€™t even be a question. 100% Moab.

Sav426

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You donā€™t even have New Hampshire listedā€¦.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You donā€™t even have New Hampshire listedā€¦.
If you go ahead and read the first post, the time of year he can go to an off-roadeo is limited and New Hampshire is closed at that time. He was very specific as to why it was not on the list. In addition, no one is ever going to pick New Hampshire anyway....

Plus he was going like a month ago, so half this thread is full of people who didn't read the first post.

Sav426

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you go ahead and read the first post, the time of year he can go to an off-roadeo is limited and New Hampshire is closed at that time. He was very specific as to why it was not on the list. In addition, no one is ever going to pick New Hampshire anyway....

Plus he was going like a month ago, so half this thread is full of people who didn't read the first post.
haha canā€™t believe you wasted your time to write that. Canā€™t believe Iā€™mwastibg my time writing this.

you come off as a major clown with your response.

brauncoboy

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did the Moab off rodeo Friday. Very much agree with the recommendation to do a weekday. Weā€™re still in Moab and the weekend is crazy busy. In our group of 4 Broncos there was one BL without Sasquatch and one BD. Everyone executed all of the same obstacles easily. The non-Sasquatch did have to take a couple of different lines. They make you navigate a few obstacles without lockers or sway disconnect engaged to show how capable the base vehicle is - and how important your line and throttle technique are. Didnā€™t change my mind about not ordering Sasquatch but I did second guess the manual over auto decision. Wish I could have driven a manual with crawl gear while there.
I drove a manual at a 1-hour Bronco off-road event in Florida. It is very very nice and smooth - I loved it.
Sponsored