Sponsored

Which Off-Rodeo is Best?

What Off-Rodeo Location is Best in March?

• Total voters

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry. I lived in Texas for five years, but I don’t have any personal connections to any of the schools so I forgot about all that. I’ve been to Austin before. Not sure if I want to go back because it was fun or to explore someplace new. It seems like the small lake and the caves at the Bronco affiliated resort might be worth exploring.
Definitely go elsewhere if you already know Austin. I’ve heard all of the Off Roadeos are top notch. The staff makes you feel like a pro while stepping up from novice. For all of the Ford “issues” with this roll out I don’t feel the Roadeo is one of them. Top notch.
Sponsored

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never met a guy from Texas that didn't try to blow smoke up our pipes about "the best place on planet Earth- TEXAS BABY!"... Nope, it's not. Texans are nice, mostly. Austin is just another big city with obvious big city problems- traffic, homeless, closed-up restaurants. We did the New Hampshire Off-Roadeo and it was a pretty damn cool experience that closely mimics what we see here in Colorado. Been to (but not ON) the Moab course and it is spectacular but is mostly sand and sandstone. We have read here that Vegas is a good mix of terrains, with Death Valley and the Strip are nearby. We will be going there for our second Off-Roadeo.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Holding out for New Hampshire in July. It's closer, and it is a couple of hours drive from fresh lobster, and the best oysters. Suck it dry arid climates!!!

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them, but we were hanging out with the guides in Moab afterwords for a bonfire and s’mores. One of the guides had helped out at both Texas and Vegas, he claimed Moab was definitely the best of the three, but maybe was biased.

The Moab event is also constantly changing. Because it’s on public land the guides have the freedom to take the groups on different obstacles. They run 4 groups at the same time in the same area (the Dome Plateau) but we never saw the 3 other groups. It sounds like they all hit the main obstacles (the moguls for example) but not at the same time.Our guide took us on a river crossing that none of the other groups did.

And as someone else pointed out there’s about 15kms of highway to and from the area. We’d never had a chance to test drive a Bronco before attending so that was a nice bonus.

Not sure about the other locations, but Moab only had 4 doors, either Badlands or Sasquatch equipped models. So everything had lockers front and back and 33s or 35s.

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm from Texas and I lived in Austin for a bit. I went to the Austin Off Roadeo, but honestly 90% of it was bc my buddy who still lives in our hometown (DFW Area) was coming down to go with me, and I wanted Franklin BBQ. I ordered it 6 weeks in advance to skip any lines (although Covid had the dining room closed anyway).

I really want to go to Moab, and my try to buy in to one this year, if the rumors of being able to pay to go to another location come to fruition. I still don't have my Bronco, but Moab pretty much *is* the off road mecca. All the stuff I checked out online and videos and stuff I read says it's awesome. I wish we had the on road experience in Austin they got, I haven't driven one on the road yet.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, personally. Like they have been saying, go somewhere where you can see stuff outside of the Off Roadeo.

In my 20s I might have screamed "VEGAS" but now I'm cool avoiding it. We went to a wedding in April there, and there were just mobs of people openly smoking weed on the strip, and there were fights and rowdy people everywhere.

My buddy that lives there said it was because of a combo of stimulus money and unemployment, a lot of people that don't normally go there were there, and they were just reopening after lockdown so you could legit get rooms at Caesar's for $40 a night. Not to make anything political, it just wasn't the Vegas I've experienced in the past. He's lived there 20+ years and said between NYE and then (April) there were 19 shootings on the strip...which is unheard of. He said it had never been that bad. So, if you hit Vegas, be aware it might still be a little rough.

If you do end up going to Austin, hit me up if you want any ideas of stuff to do while you're there.

Sponsored

BasSas

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry =/
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am headed to the Texas Off-Rodeo at the end of March. We are going to head down to Galveston for a few days, explore Austin, off-rodeo, and then check out some dinosaur footprints at Dinosaur Valley State Park before heading back home. I can’t wait!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
AllthePonies

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmm. I’m leaning toward the Las Vegas one right now because hotels, flights, and rental cars are much cheaper for the end of March. Seems like Moab and Texas are the two better rated locations though.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do any of the sites other than Austin have the higher speed track Austin does?

rmanecke

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83CJ / 87YJ Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got back from the Austin one. It was great and convenient for me and my youngest for a quick trip.

Flew in early Friday. Downtown Austin in close to the airport, so you have some time to check it out, get some bbq, and then drive about 50 minutes to the resort. The horseshoe bay resort is nice, but, pretty sleep this time of year, so we just checked in and went to bed early.

Trying out a Bronco with instruction was what I wanted, and enough to have you tired and ready to rack if you are 50 with a 12 year old daughter.

If I was 28, I would have been bored stuck 50 minutes from Austin on Saturday night.

ChillyChill08

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost PP
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why no feedback or opinions on New Hampshire here? Due to proximity I think that will be my first choice to attend.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AllthePonies

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why no feedback or opinions on New Hampshire here? Due to proximity I think that will be my first choice to attend.
It would have been mine too, but it’s not open until May if my memory serves correctly. Hoping to attend earlier than that.

OP
OP
AllthePonies

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Had a great time at the Vegas Off-Rodeo. You couldn’t get a better introduction to off roading with the Bronco in a day.

Las Vegas Off-Rodeo is set on the side of Mount Potosi, which provides elevation, rocks for days, and amazing views. We did a good amount of driving on power line access roads and washouts or dry river beds to minimize our impact. There is a good amount of instruction and explanation throughout with more and more driving as the day progresses. It’s not an expert or advanced course, but I did learn more than I expected because the instructors were pretty serious off roaders in their spare time.

In addition to the verbal instruction, there are quite a few driving vignettes that we all watched and discussed. From there, we would drive over various terrain with different Bronco features engaged. If you have a good, experienced group they are pretty hands off and let you do your thing. We may or may not have learned that the Sasquatch is capable of some pretty good hang time without actually breaking anything. The instructors were fun and developed a good rapport with the group. We got to tackle some pretty aggressive terrain, go fast, and did so with spotting as needed versus ad nauseam.

The food was good, but not great. The plus side is that it wasn’t heavy or greasy. I have no idea what the other Off-Rodeo locations are like, but I wasn’t disappointed at all with Vegas. Plus, we got to see the Hoover Dam, the Grand Canyon, Blue Man, and Carrie Underwood. It would have been nice to have a manual like I own, but it was good to learn how trail turn assist, etc. works.

Bottom line, get to an Off-Rodeo any way you can. It’s super fun and odds are that you’ll learn a lot more than you think.

5DED6C9B-665B-48CB-B705-5332AD5489AC.jpeg

7A02BD8E-EB08-444A-B4A8-A9EBEA29CB72.jpeg

C4D785FF-EEFA-4966-A8FF-F428ED3E20C3.jpeg

46E54473-74A6-444E-8944-0B46ECD5367D.jpeg

CA827296-4F58-4141-B68D-34D8281F3207.jpeg

8E0C48DE-BB82-4197-A21C-37EE6557E374.jpeg

EED0386E-571B-4A8A-9643-A00FDF7D634D.jpeg

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m trying to figure out what Off-Rodeo to go to at the end of March. I have to fly there from Michigan regardless since New Hampshire is closed until later in the summer.

Everyone always says that they have a great time when they get back. What I’m trying to figure out is which one is the best and why?

Thanks for your help!
Any will be good, but go Moab. I did Vegas, but my brother was getting married there, so just made sense. While on my way to Vegas, I met one of the Moab OR staff who gave me a hard time for going Vegas at first, but was pretty cool with a monster Siverado.

OP
OP
AllthePonies

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any will be good, but go Moab. I did Vegas, but my brother was getting married there, so just made sense. While on my way to Vegas, I met one of the Moab OR staff who gave me a hard time for going Vegas at first, but was pretty cool with a monster Siverado.
Vegas flights and hotels were much less expensive and Moab is public so I figured I could go back and do that later if I wanted. It does sound like Moab is better overall though.

I have delusions of buying a Raptor someday so maybe I’ll got to Moab then.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Vegas flights and hotels were much less expensive and Moab is public so I figured I could go back and do that later if I wanted. It does sound like Moab is better overall though.

I have delusions of buying a Raptor someday so maybe I’ll got to Moab then.
Vegas was great, they don't let you drive your pesonal rig though. Get there early so you can grab the one you want.
Sponsored