Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Since I could not find any install videos for the Whipple Intercooler on the Bronco I thought I'd make an attempt. My install was not complete from stock. I've got aftermarket bumpers and have already relocated my adaptive cruise control/accident prevention sensor. Whatever you want to call it. But the actual install of the new intercooler should be helpful. It was much easier than I anticipated.

I installed the stage 1 kit from Whipple. I already have Roush intake and exhaust so I didn't need their air filter. The tune is impressive. I tuned it just a couple days before installing the intercooler so there was limited time to evaluate performance solely on the tune. The combination of both the tune and the intercooler has given me some impressive power.
Sponsored

Leland

Raptor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, Mustang MachE GT, Raptor, Subaru (2)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Any further thoughts as to the benefits and power response.

Thank you,

OP
OP
brianbrn

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Really great boost in power. 100% worth it and would do it again without hesitation. I’ve made a couple short road trips and have averaged several miles per gallon better as well.

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT (Bagged and Boosted) x 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Really great boost in power. 100% worth it and would do it again without hesitation. I’ve made a couple short road trips and have averaged several miles per gallon better as well.
Wow didn't think of MPG gains as well as power - what wheel/tire setup? I'm seeing around 15-16 MPG with 37s on my Sasquatch

OP
OP
brianbrn

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow didn't think of MPG gains as well as power - what wheel/tire setup? I'm seeing around 15-16 MPG with 37s on my Sasquatch
i didn’t anticipate a change. It’s welcomed. But like i said a couple road trips. Not a lot of city driving yet.
I’ll be able to judge it better over the next month. I’m heading to south Texas next week so that will be another 1000 miles.

Sponsored
OP
OP
brianbrn

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Forgot to answer wheel and tire question. Stock Sasquatch 35”s

wzpilot

Raptor
First Name
Wick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor & 14 others
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Since I could not find any install videos for the Whipple Intercooler on the Bronco I thought I'd make an attempt. My install was not complete from stock. I've got aftermarket bumpers and have already relocated my adaptive cruise control/accident prevention sensor. Whatever you want to call it. But the actual install of the new intercooler should be helpful. It was much easier than I anticipated.

I installed the stage 1 kit from Whipple. I already have Roush intake and exhaust so I didn't need their air filter. The tune is impressive. I tuned it just a couple days before installing the intercooler so there was limited time to evaluate performance solely on the tune. The combination of both the tune and the intercooler has given me some impressive power.
Hi, Brian - I am planning to do the Mega Cooler installation on my Bronco Raptor, but am concerned about the R&R of the CCM for the adaptive cruise/accident avoidance. In the instructions it talks about recalibrating the CCM "if required" and it sounds like part of that calibration is by software that would require a dealer trip. When you relocated your CCM, did you have to recalibrate it? If so, what did you use to perform the horizontal alignment that requires the Ford software? Thanks for your help!

Wick

OP
OP
brianbrn

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did not recalibrate. This was my original question to ask the whipple guys as well. Purchased from lethal performance and they didn’t have any answers either. I went ahead and installed and had no issues with the system after it was complete. I’ve got a wildtrak that had all the bells and whistles so i was worried I would have some kind of alerts but I didn’t.

wzpilot

Raptor
First Name
Wick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks, Brian - great to know! Great video on the installation as well - nice work!

Wick

Sponsored
OP
OP
brianbrn

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks, Brian - great to know! Great video on the installation as well - nice work!

Wick
im always looking for work from others to confirm that I can do it. There just wasn’t anything out there. I had to he the first. im reviewing videos for upgrading suspension now. That will be a project for the spring.
i didn’t have the patience to wait for the raptor so I’m having to build my own now. Ha

wzpilot

Raptor
First Name
Wick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well it looks great and you will have it exactly like you want it! I agree that there’s nothing like a video when it comes to doing this stuff. Reading directions, even with pictures, doesn’t do much. I’ll be following you and your progress, Brian!

Wick

OP
OP
brianbrn

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well it looks great and you will have it exactly like you want it! I agree that there’s nothing like a video when it comes to doing this stuff. Reading directions, even with pictures, doesn’t do much. I’ll be following you and your progress, Brian!

Wick
i just flew out of Ontario airport this morning after working in Redlands yesterday afternoon. Saw that you are in Palm Springs.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The main benefit from a modification like this is improved volumetric efficiency which will improve performance across the entire power range. This will also increase the time you have before the intercooler will become heat-soaked and performance reduces. i.e. if before you found the bronco nosed over after 30 seconds, with this mod you would likely be able to go 45 to 90 seconds before that happens.

wzpilot

Raptor
First Name
Wick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i just flew out of Ontario airport this morning after working in Redlands yesterday afternoon. Saw that you are in Palm Springs.
Yes sir! Redlands is a cool little town with some good restaurants - hope you got to enjoy some of that. The weather has been lousy for Southern California this week. And the weather is all that we have going for us here. :):rolleyes:
Sponsored