Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We've had 3 model years so far that people have been wrapping and painting the MIC tops with no serious issues that I've been seen. Only differences I can think of is those that have painted scuffed and prepped whereas the wrappers haven't (that I know of). The worse I've heard on any of the wrapped tops, is what the OP saw, which is maybe some bubbling and then edges getting loose over time. I think a professional shop could probably mitigate those issues with a little install experience and heat without having to scuff and prep the top in any way.

If you watch Budget Bronco's vid on his wrap you'll get a better understanding of why the blemishes occur, and they're 99% due to the fact its an amateur putting on the wrap.

It's the reason he'll be under 400$ with the repair and some people are paying professionals 1000$+ for roof wraps.
Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in love with a retro look, especially on a two door

OP
OP
BinderBill

BinderBill

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IH Scout, FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

KNXBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Your top and wheels look great. The Raptor Liner that I did on my top last year is holding up great.

56F100

Outer Banks
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
56 Ford F100 with 30K original miles
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Following Budget bronco, I decided to wrap my 2 door top myself with 3m vinyl. I would not say it was easy or looks perfect but was definitely budget friendly. With some help from my wife, I thought it was a pretty good diy project. I hope it encourages others.

IMG_0538.jpeg
IMG_0535.jpeg
That looks great. EG pops with the white accents. I've always been a fan of the "DIY" route, especially with the ridiculous wait times for the HE.

Sponsored

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Following Budget bronco, I decided to wrap my 2 door top myself with 3m vinyl. I would not say it was easy or looks perfect but was definitely budget friendly. With some help from my wife, I thought it was a pretty good diy project. I hope it encourages others.

IMG_0538.jpeg
IMG_0535.jpeg
Nice. What color did you use to paint grill?

fourdayoff

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands/sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Squatch, my oldest son owns a body shop that has many years with PPG. When I ordered my Bronco I wanted a white top living in the south west. I owned a 1972 Blazer with a white top and was always impressed with how much cooler inside it was on a 115* day than most vehicles. I was told when I ordered my bronco in 21 that if I waited a year I could order a white top from Ford. I waited and no white top available. I asked my son if he could paint it white and he said sure. He called back and said PPG told him to wait until someone figured out how to get anything to stick to this material. As of now no one knows, 3yrs, 5yrs, 10yrs. To me not worth the redo, the black top has grown on me. That year delay contributed to my 2yrs and 4 month delay. Jim.

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks sweet!

Buck N Bronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks awesome! I had considered wrapping mine but went with paint instead. After reading some of these comments I guess I'm a guinea pig :ROFLMAO:

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your top and wheels look great. The Raptor Liner that I did on my top last year is holding up great.
Got some pics? Ive been on the fence doing mine white on the VB

Sponsored

KNXBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
ChrisB351: Use the search and look for Raptor Liner on MIC top. Took a lot of pictures on the steps that I took and the prep work that I did. I keep checking to see if I have any hair-line cracks around the windows, but so far none. I am not saying that the Raptor Liner has prevented any, but so far all is well. Hope that this helps. Bruce J.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks great, nice work!! Since others have asked and because I think I was one of the first to do it, my wrap was still OK after two years. Yes I did have some bubbles along the ridges and lifting around one of the edges but I am sure I can do better on my second attempt.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love these DIY wraps. Helps that 90 percent of the surfaces are flat and straight. Nice work and looks the part too!

M Redwood

Big Bend
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i took the corner of razor blade on my first wrap job and just pricked tiny hole in major bubbles that made them go away . after 2 years was fine with tiny pinprick to release bubbles...
Sponsored