Sponsored

White Modular Hardtops…We will be the beta testers!

• Thread starter Deleted member 32220
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No crying from me on the loss of the removable rear windows, great in theory but could see them being very expensive to replace if dropped. I'm surprised that we've yet to see anyone offer a rear slider yet, that is what I want!

I'm taking it that the Mic and Mod side windows should be the same size and dimensions now right?

download.jpeg

Sidewindows.jpg
Yes, the dimensions for the rear windows will be the same. And if you think about it, it reduces the complexity of production.

I'm all in on #TeamSlider. My idea is to add a 4-dr window control on the 2-dr and add rear sliders that are controlled by the switch.
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Personally, I’d be ok without the gunners hatch but I agree with @Beach_Bum that without it, it will be a PITA to remove without a hoist.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Those that are expecting removable windows are going to be disappointed. That design element has been been dropped. The only concept that showed the removable windows was the A51 Overland Rig.
Has this been officially confirmed or are you just stating a rumor as fact?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, there hasn't been an "official" communication. But a B6G member who has demonstrated in the past that they have sources had communicated that it had been dropped as a feature.

To add to the fact that there has been a clear omission by Ford when describing functionality of the new mod top on the HE that there is no mention of the removable glass that they were so proud to boast about back during the pre-production days.

It is safe to deduce that the complexity of engineering removable glass windows on a mass produced component has been a hurdle too high to overcome.

Now, one can continue to expect a feature that Ford has made no mention of and be disappointed when that feature isn't available or you can adjust your expectations.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Outside of what @Beach_Bum has said a good sign of proof is in the B&P, portal top bag is available as an option but no side window bags.

Would be nice if Ford actually came out and verified it though.
Sponsored