Sponsored

What will be the COST of the Painted Black Modular Top ? ? ? ?

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So now that word has come out that we can not order any there will be No Modular top Black Top in 2021.

What will be the cost of this top for those that order one with the Parts people at the Dealerships ? ? ? ?

Going to be a lot more then buying with your build if you could?
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Based on @ZackDanger 's numbers, which I also consider accurate, it is cost prohibitive to buy it after delivery.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
May not even be available that way for a long time

Sponsored

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The effective cost for the MOD top is $2995 or $3690 depending on what trim you start with. I'd expect the cost at the parts counter to be at least double these amounts then add shipping on top of that.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Shipped, the top will be $4k+. You will then need to get it painted. I’d be floored if you get a painted top for under $5k out the door.

OP
OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford should try to make this right and those of us that had Ordered the Painted Black Top for 2021. They should allow this group the buy there painted Top later at the $1899 Price that we ordered it at when we placed the order.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

a fair request, but you would be getting a soft top in this case. the mod top in addition to the soft top was 2450.

You could argue that with the $1000 they are giving you, you would be made whole if the accy price is no more than $3500.

but we dont know if that will be the price...
They are giving you a discount for the combo deal. The price of the mod top is $3000+ from the factory. Parts counter markup will be added. Freight will be expensive. Don't expect a penny under $4k, likely more.

The real question is will they be shipped painted, or will you have to deal with paying the dealer to paint it, which is how Jeeps painted tops are handled at the parts counter.

OP
OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just know I was going painted black top the whole time and now this :cool:. I think the black will look good on the cyber orange.

I'll be pissed to have to order the black top for $3000 and have to go threw the run around and deal with it all when I ordered it the first time with the Bronco.

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If the price is too high, aftermarket will happily undercut them with shadow black roofs that already have nicer headliners, integrated GoPro mounting brackets, moonroofs, interior bottle openers, etc.

---

Mentally I still kinda cycle back to....we're now $1900 less on the MSRP getting MIC roof, plus $1,000 Fordpoints, plus whatever points ($400?) we already are getting.

So let's say the 2dr MOD roof costs retail $4,500 all told. Subtract the lower msrp and potential FordPoints, we're at ~$1200 to purchase the MOD roof, while still having a MIC roof for offroad bashing. Honestly that doesn't sound terrible.

Really my big complaint would be how long it'd take to purchase a roof retail after they begin pumping out factory units with it. I guess stemming from my timetable fears of "What happens if your car gets totaled/stolen one month after taking delivery? You just got put at the back of the line". I picked my avatar for a reason -- that's how panicky I usually feel about things.

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has there been any rumor/thought of Ford eventually discontinuing the lower cost MIC hardtop in favor of the MOD? I'm fine with the MIC, and in particular that it's included in the cost of the 2-door base.

If Ford ends up getting rid of the MIC, swapping to an MOD top which adds significantly more cost, that would not be good in my book.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I pulled the VIN from the cactus grey BR that is on the "tour". Ford has a HVBOM (historical vehicle bill of materials) that has engineering and part numbers for almost everything on the vehicle. I have an engineering number for a "panel assembly-roof", however nothing is loaded into our parts system for Bronco yet. Unless someone has an in at Ford or another part look up tool, no way to say for sure what the cost will be.

Last edited:

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If the price is too high, aftermarket will happily undercut them with shadow black roofs that already have nicer headliners, integrated GoPro mounting brackets, moonroofs, interior bottle openers, etc.

---
I'd be all for this as long as the after market doesn't look after market. Know what I mean?

Always been a fan of the OEM look to mods/accessories
Sponsored