Sponsored

Will the Modular Painted Hard top be available for retrofit?

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm one of the many (10s of thousands) who ordered the 2021 Bronco with the modular painted hard top. It was delayed, Ford promised us it would be available later, and gave us points for converting our order to a soft top. They never said it would be available for current owners, two years after buying.
Does anyone know that Ford is for sure planning on selling these are parts, now that I'm seeing these tops are definitely going onto 2023 models? Not looking for silly comments or snide remarks...does anyone KNOW anything about them being made available for retrofit purchase?

Ford Bronco Will the Modular Painted Hard top be available for retrofit? bronceheritagemodels03
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can, today, buy a MIC hard top if you buy each component individually and assembly it yourself, price is ~$12,000 in parts (last I checked). I would assume you could do the same thing with the MOD hard top late next year, and it'll probably arrive primed rather than painted. Obviously the intention is for these parts to be bought by dealers and body shops for warranty & collision repair purposes—not for the average customer looking to get a hard top.

They haven't announced anything about it being available as a stand-alone accessory—it's been hinted at, but no announcement. If they do offer it stand-alone, it will likely be cheaper and probably also painted. But that's just speculation on my part and I wouldn't expect it to be available stand-alone until 2024 at the very earliest.

Worth noting that the soft top, which supposedly Ford has plenty of, is currently not offered as a stand-alone accessory. So 2024 is likely very optimistic.

OP
OP

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry, but I just had to quit this forum after I got my Bronco last December...so much guesswork, negativity, and stupid memes being posted - you couldn't find out any actual data unless you spent hours a week here. Which I, for one, am not about to do.

We had a statement in the Navy - RTFQ. Meme wars, comments about the meme, about the comment....etc....is a huge waste of time. So I'll check in here once a month to see if there is any news on the one thing there isn't any news on. The Modular Painted Hardtop. Seems like it's same as it ever was, I'll come back in Sept or Nov. Yall enjoy.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Me: " Not looking for silly comments or snide remarks...does anyone KNOW anything about them being made available for retrofit purchase? "
Yes…… eventually. But when eventually is no one, including ford knows. I bought a one piece hardtop from adv, expecting late October delivery.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

We had a saying too, ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer. You fortunately got a pretty good response the first reply, instead you get PO'd and walk out. Answer to the FQ is that no one knows, it's not for sale yet, no word has been put out what the retrofit cost is but my take is sure, it'll fit and it'll be available to purchase ... eventually.

I guess I'll hear back from you in a month until then fair winds.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry, but I just had to quit this forum after I got my Bronco last December...so much guesswork, negativity, and stupid memes being posted - you couldn't find out any actual data unless you spent hours a week here. Which I, for one, am not about to do.

We had a statement in the Navy - RTFQ. Meme wars, comments about the meme, about the comment....etc....is a huge waste of time. So I'll check in here once a month to see if there is any news on the one thing there isn't any news on. The Modular Painted Hardtop. Seems like it's same as it ever was, I'll come back in Sept or Nov. Yall enjoy.
You got as comprehensive an answer in post #2 as you're going to get, and it's from someone who works at Ford...

You can, today, buy a MIC hard top if you buy each component individually and assembly it yourself, price is ~$12,000 in parts (last I checked). I would assume you could do the same thing with the MOD hard top late next year, and it'll probably arrive primed rather than painted. Obviously the intention is for these parts to be bought by dealers and body shops for warranty & collision repair purposes—not for the average customer looking to get a hard top.

They haven't announced anything about it being available as a stand-alone accessory—it's been hinted at, but no announcement. If they do offer it stand-alone, it will likely be cheaper and probably also painted. But that's just speculation on my part and I wouldn't expect it to be available stand-alone until 2024 at the very earliest.

Worth noting that the soft top, which supposedly Ford has plenty of, is currently not offered as a stand-alone accessory. So 2024 is likely very optimistic.
What the f**k else do you want. JFC... 🤦‍♂️

OP
OP

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I kept getting notices to check my post, so did. I see there was NO answer to my question:

" does anyone KNOW anything about [modular painted hard tops] being made available for retrofit purchase? "

Answers:
" buy a MIC hard top" - I didn't ask about the Molded in Color top. Not relevant answer.
" ...just speculation on my part " - By definition, you don't KNOW anything, so not relevant.
" You fortunately got a pretty good response the first reply [2 above]. No that is not a pretty good answer to my question. Neither are what I asked, and the second is specifically what I asked NOT to get (guesses and stupid memes)
"... no one knows, it's not for sale yet ..." - That's an assumption. But since we didn't poll all 67,000 members of this forum, or the 125,000 Ford Employees and Vendors....it's a poor assumption that "no one knows." No one has said...yet. But someone knows....they're making the tops.

Back to searching better sources than this 6G site...which seems worthless unless you like reading inane comments, speculation, guesses, and snide attacks. Not for me...see ya.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I kept getting notices to check my post, so did. I see there was NO answer to my question:

" does anyone KNOW anything about [modular painted hard tops] being made available for retrofit purchase? "

Answers:
" buy a MIC hard top" - I didn't ask about the Molded in Color top. Not relevant answer.
" ...just speculation on my part " - By definition, you don't KNOW anything, so not relevant.
" You fortunately got a pretty good response the first reply [1 above]. No that is not a pretty good answer to my question. Not what I asked.
"... no one knows, it's not for sale yet ..." - That's an assumption. But since we didn't poll all 67,000 members of this forum, or the 125,000 Ford Employees and Vendors....it's a poor assumption that "no one knows." No one has said...yet. But someone knows....they're making the tops.

Back to searching better sources than this 6G site...which seems worthless unless you like reading inane comments, speculation, guesses, and snide attacks. Not for me...see ya.
If Ford had not leaked any info out, how did you expect to get more then a speculative answer?

Fact, when Ford started going to bunches of sofftops they said Bronco would be built "hardtop ready". IIRC this started with production as of Sep 2021.

There is a thread somewhere discussing what switches and parts are needed if yours was not hardtop ready.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cat

Sponsored

st3v

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone know that Ford is for sure planning on selling these are parts, now that I'm seeing these tops are definitely going onto 2023 models?
No.

does anyone KNOW anything about them being made available for retrofit purchase?
No.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Answers:
" You fortunately got a pretty good response the first reply [2 above]. No that is not a pretty good answer to my question. Neither are what I asked, and the second is specifically what I asked NOT to get (guesses and stupid memes)

We'll miss you!!

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm one of the many (10s of thousands) who ordered the 2021 Bronco with the modular painted hard top. It was delayed, Ford promised us it would be available later, and gave us points for converting our order to a soft top. They never said it would be available for current owners, two years after buying.
Does anyone know that Ford is for sure planning on selling these are parts, now that I'm seeing these tops are definitely going onto 2023 models? Not looking for silly comments or snide remarks...does anyone KNOW anything about them being made available for retrofit purchase?

Ford Bronco Will the Modular Painted Hard top be available for retrofit? tenor
Unknown at this point . But a mic top will run you somewhere around $12k or more from Ford after they fact

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread was hilarious to read.