Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yep they have taken the $1895 off MSRP for the WT...
Just found original MSRP, $51,370 and now it's $49,475. Looks like I can get $1895 worth of accessories for free or hold out for the Black MOD top. If only they could give us a date on when the Black Mod top will be available it would help on which way to go.
Sponsored

Last edited:

williamoneal

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F250 - Probably won't make it till the Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds like IF I keep my order (which is a big IF at this point), my order would be entered on XX/XX/XXXX (who the heck knows when) because I have NO IDEA of the timing of what the actual date is for Late Availability for Dual Tops (with the Painted Hard Top). I guess I can continue to sit around for another unknown period of time (like I have done when the concept of a Bronco was first mentioned years ago) to wait for "Late Availability", or move on and buy a vehicle from someone else. You can tell by my current vehicle listing (2004 Ford F250) that I can't sit around and wait forever - particularly when "Late Availability" may coincide with my potential opportunity to travel on a space ship. A simple statement of "Availability for the Painted Top and Dual Top Option is expected to occur by 6/30/2021", or some target date might change my mind to keep my order, otherwise I need to buy a vehicle. Once again - no committment by Ford.

williamoneal

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just found original MSRP, $51,370 and now it's $49,475. Looks like I can get $1895 worth of accessories for free or hold out for the Black MOD top. If only they could give us a date on when the Black Mod top will be available it would help on which way to go.
Totally agree. This is my pain point - and frankly I need to buy a vehicle so this affects my decision on whether I stay or leave.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Totally agree. This is my pain point - and frankly I need to buy a vehicle so this affects my decision on whether I stay or leave.
Feel your pain. Fortunately I can wait for Black MOD. My 3 year old Rubicon only has 53k on it so a extra few months is no big deal. Personally I would get the MIC Gray if I couldn't wait. I think it looks fine. Only reason I'm waiting is I'll be going Wildtrak and think the Black Hardtop will look cool with Black Rims, Grille and Mirrors.

Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability Cg2.PNG

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds like IF I keep my order (which is a big IF at this point), my order would be entered on XX/XX/XXXX (who the heck knows when) because I have NO IDEA of the timing of what the actual date is for Late Availability for Dual Tops (with the Painted Hard Top). I guess I can continue to sit around for another unknown period of time (like I have done when the concept of a Bronco was first mentioned years ago) to wait for "Late Availability", or move on and buy a vehicle from someone else. You can tell by my current vehicle listing (2004 Ford F250) that I can't sit around and wait forever - particularly when "Late Availability" may coincide with my potential opportunity to travel on a space ship. A simple statement of "Availability for the Painted Top and Dual Top Option is expected to occur by 6/30/2021", or some target date might change my mind to keep my order, otherwise I need to buy a vehicle. Once again - no committment by Ford.
Based on your reservation date, you'll be waiting at least another 7 months anyway. Why not get what you really want? I'm willing to wait a little longer if need be than to have to refuse it when I see the MIC in person.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Based on your reservation date, you'll be waiting at least another 7 months anyway. Why not get what you really want? I'm willing to wait a little longer if need be than to have to refuse it when I see the MIC in person.
I was thinking we might see the Black Hardtops in 3 - 4 months. I assume Ford won't want to hold off too long as the $50k to $60k Wildtraks and FE'S hold the biggest profit margin for them. But that's just my educated guess.

williamoneal

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Feel your pain. Fortunately I can wait for Black MOD. My 3 year old Rubicon only has 53k on it so a extra few months is no big deal. Personally I would get the MIC Gray if I couldn't wait. I think it looks fine. Only reason I'm waiting is I'll be going Wildtrak and think the Black Hardtop will look cool with Black Rims, Grille and Mirrors.

Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability Cg2.PNG
Totall agree that the Black Hardtop with Black Rims, Grill and Mirrors will look cool! I'm excited for you. If that picture is your build, it looks awesome!
For me personally, I'm pretty close to pulling the plug. Not only would my Hardtop not be Black (but an off-shade of grey), my temporary backup plan to at least have some form of a Black top (which was Dual tops with an unfortunate shad of Grey and at least a Soft Black top) is now a "whenever the H%$! we get around to offering Dual Tops and our Suppliers can actually get their act together" timeline. I feel like I have a better chance with a magic 8 ball than Ford's planning and communication - "ask again tomorrow".......
Sponsored