Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Clubs

Seems like a "bait and switch" after all the ads featuring body color tops (same goes for interior choices). Ford should extend deadlines for those reservation holders who, based on all the ads, expected the body color top to be an option when placing our orders. This effectively requires us to purchase 2 tops (one we don't even want). How about letting us switch out MIC top for the body color top at no extra cost when they become available? MIC top is a deal breaker for me. Also, isn't this something they could have foreseen and planned for? Not the best roll out.
Why can’t the color they mold in be black instead of gray? Oh, because then you wouldn’t pay $1800 to get a shinier top that was also black. Got it.
Wow .. I was going to switch to BD, due to WT having terrible interior and let down of the painted top. However reading this only painted tops can be late availability for FE &WT ? All other trims wanting a black top will be MY22 ?

Advertisement

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Clubs

Does anyone know what month the Bronco converts from my2021 to my2022?
I'm guessing the late avaiability black top will be a month or two before the model year conversion. Hypothetically if Ford is trying to up production by using only the Gray MIC then it makes sense for them to wait to the very end of 2021 to add the black top to production and roll into to MY2022 offering both black and gray tops. Also guessing but once my2022 kicks off with both black and gray tops in the production line, they throw another curve ball and anounce white tops will be a late availability for 2022 as to keep production up with only using black & grey tops. All of the above is just my educated guess so don't shoot messenger if it's correct.
tenor (9).gif

Last edited:

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Clubs

Wow .. I was going to switch to BD, due to WT having terrible interior and let down of the painted top. However reading this only painted tops can be late availability for FE &WT ? All other trims wanting a black top will be MY22 ?
There are two ways to read Fords announcement. One is that the modular will be available late for FE and Wildtrack. The second is that modular will be late for those and any others that order it. Since the modular was suppose to be standard on the wildtrack and FE, the announcement makes sense but does not necessarily preclude it as a late delivery option for other models. I’m waiting for clarification so I can decide how to order and whether I go with y early or late reservation.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Clubs

There are two ways to read Fords announcement. One is that the modular will be available late for FE and Wildtrack. The second is that modular will be late for those and any others that order it. Since the modular was suppose to be standard on the wildtrack and FE, the announcement makes sense but does not necessarily preclude it as a late delivery option for other models. I’m waiting for clarification so I can decide how to order and whether I go with y early or late reservation.
Yes we are on the same page ... hope it's not to be disclosed when ordering only cause that will upset alot of people ...

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Has Ford already lowered the Wildtrak and FE MRSP on the build and price site ? I was comparing some old build sheets and it doesn't look like it was lowered $1895 for the black mod top.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 GC Trailhawk, ‘05 LJ, ‘17 F150 3.5 Screw
Im on the same exact page. Sold my RS in prep for the bronco last week. Was ready to buy from day 1. Now the 2 major things holding me are: Modular top, and the seats.

Ill be hella pissed if they offer roast seats for MY 22.

I feel like I am going to end up waiting. I really don't want to give up a day 1 reservation.
Thats why some people have 2-3 reservations. Order an early MY21 (in hopes that Ford had their crap together by order time but not the case thus far), 2nd reservation mid Oct (hoping that Ford would have their crap together by time for its production and possibility it could slip to a MY22) & a third Late Oct (in hopes it gets pushed to MY22 and Ford will finally have their crap together by then).

ClaviusBase

Badlands
First Name
Ricky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Chevy Nova
Has Ford already lowered the Wildtrak and FE MRSP on the build and price site ? I was comparing some old build sheets and it doesn't look like it was lowered $1895 for the black mod top.
Build and price subtracts the top but includes the destination charge, I think.

BroncoJay

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Yep they have taken the $1895 off MSRP for the WT...

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Yep they have taken the $1895 off MSRP for the WT...
Just found original MSRP, $51,370 and now it's $49,475. Looks like I can get $1895 worth of accessories for free or hold out for the Black MOD top. If only they could give us a date on when the Black Mod top will be available it would help on which way to go.

Last edited:

williamoneal

Badlands
First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-250
Sounds like IF I keep my order (which is a big IF at this point), my order would be entered on XX/XX/XXXX (who the heck knows when) because I have NO IDEA of the timing of what the actual date is for Late Availability for Dual Tops (with the Painted Hard Top). I guess I can continue to sit around for another unknown period of time (like I have done when the concept of a Bronco was first mentioned years ago) to wait for "Late Availability", or move on and buy a vehicle from someone else. You can tell by my current vehicle listing (2004 Ford F250) that I can't sit around and wait forever - particularly when "Late Availability" may coincide with my potential opportunity to travel on a space ship. A simple statement of "Availability for the Painted Top and Dual Top Option is expected to occur by 6/30/2021", or some target date might change my mind to keep my order, otherwise I need to buy a vehicle. Once again - no committment by Ford.

williamoneal

Badlands
First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-250
Just found original MSRP, $51,370 and now it's $49,475. Looks like I can get $1895 worth of accessories for free or hold out for the Black MOD top. If only they could give us a date on when the Black Mod top will be available it would help on which way to go.
Totally agree. This is my pain point - and frankly I need to buy a vehicle so this affects my decision on whether I stay or leave.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Totally agree. This is my pain point - and frankly I need to buy a vehicle so this affects my decision on whether I stay or leave.
Feel your pain. Fortunately I can wait for Black MOD. My 3 year old Rubicon only has 53k on it so a extra few months is no big deal. Personally I would get the MIC Gray if I couldn't wait. I think it looks fine. Only reason I'm waiting is I'll be going Wildtrak and think the Black Hardtop will look cool with Black Rims, Grille and Mirrors.

Cg2.PNG

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
Sounds like IF I keep my order (which is a big IF at this point), my order would be entered on XX/XX/XXXX (who the heck knows when) because I have NO IDEA of the timing of what the actual date is for Late Availability for Dual Tops (with the Painted Hard Top). I guess I can continue to sit around for another unknown period of time (like I have done when the concept of a Bronco was first mentioned years ago) to wait for "Late Availability", or move on and buy a vehicle from someone else. You can tell by my current vehicle listing (2004 Ford F250) that I can't sit around and wait forever - particularly when "Late Availability" may coincide with my potential opportunity to travel on a space ship. A simple statement of "Availability for the Painted Top and Dual Top Option is expected to occur by 6/30/2021", or some target date might change my mind to keep my order, otherwise I need to buy a vehicle. Once again - no committment by Ford.
Based on your reservation date, you'll be waiting at least another 7 months anyway. Why not get what you really want? I'm willing to wait a little longer if need be than to have to refuse it when I see the MIC in person.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Based on your reservation date, you'll be waiting at least another 7 months anyway. Why not get what you really want? I'm willing to wait a little longer if need be than to have to refuse it when I see the MIC in person.
I was thinking we might see the Black Hardtops in 3 - 4 months. I assume Ford won't want to hold off too long as the $50k to $60k Wildtraks and FE'S hold the biggest profit margin for them. But that's just my educated guess.

williamoneal

Badlands
First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-250
Feel your pain. Fortunately I can wait for Black MOD. My 3 year old Rubicon only has 53k on it so a extra few months is no big deal. Personally I would get the MIC Gray if I couldn't wait. I think it looks fine. Only reason I'm waiting is I'll be going Wildtrak and think the Black Hardtop will look cool with Black Rims, Grille and Mirrors.

Cg2.PNG
Totall agree that the Black Hardtop with Black Rims, Grill and Mirrors will look cool! I'm excited for you. If that picture is your build, it looks awesome!
For me personally, I'm pretty close to pulling the plug. Not only would my Hardtop not be Black (but an off-shade of grey), my temporary backup plan to at least have some form of a Black top (which was Dual tops with an unfortunate shad of Grey and at least a Soft Black top) is now a "whenever the H%$! we get around to offering Dual Tops and our Suppliers can actually get their act together" timeline. I feel like I have a better chance with a magic 8 ball than Ford's planning and communication - "ask again tomorrow".......

Advertisement

Advertisement