Sponsored

Will the Modular Painted Hard top be available for retrofit?

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Doesn't post on forum for months because of Meme answers. Come back and post the biggest troll question I have seen in a while.

If anyone knew when you could buy a hardtop it would be the biggest news related to Broncos to date. Just stick to google.
Ford Bronco Will the Modular Painted Hard top be available for retrofit? download
Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
call Ford or your dealer or something rather than railing on someone trying to help with what they actually do know......

But if some stranger on the internet says the magic words "I know" that you want to hear...well, case closed, it must be a fact.

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t get mad at us for not having answers. Blame Ford and their inability to manufacture a painted top and inability to communicate. People did their best to give you the best answer possible.

Also, you may want to see a surgeon about getting that stick permanently removed.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know there was talk about Ford offering some kind of deal or program for MOD tops to those of us that switched to a soft top (they have a list). I don't have any details or if it will even become a reality.
Honestly, I don't know If I would buy one now (price would be a huge factor). I enjoy the soft top. My only complaint is the noise, but I don't know if the MIC/MOD tops are better.

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like that yellow Bronco!
If it was a 2 door it would come close to looking like a 1g.

Sponsored
OP
OP

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Back again to check in. The Ford dealership knows nothing about modular hard tops ever being available. I thought with the 38,000 members here, you have statistically better chances of having someone answer that knows something. But it appears those members have left like me. Leaving the people with wrong answers, meme stupidity answers, or attack answers. Checking out again, yall enjoy your forum. I'm enjoying my Bronco.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm one of the many (10s of thousands) who ordered the 2021 Bronco with the modular painted hard top. It was delayed, Ford promised us it would be available later, and gave us points for converting our order to a soft top. They never said it would be available for current owners, two years after buying.
Does anyone know that Ford is for sure planning on selling these are parts, now that I'm seeing these tops are definitely going onto 2023 models? Not looking for silly comments or snide remarks...does anyone KNOW anything about them being made available for retrofit purchase?

Ford Bronco Will the Modular Painted Hard top be available for retrofit? download
When You say "definitely going onto 2023 models" you presume too much. You can read about it from the news outlets and auto rags, whose writers generally get first dibs on info

Yes there is a painted mod top for 2023 but only on Heritage specials. Which means maybe 1/10 or less of total production. Even less if it is restricted to the unavailable to public limited editions, only 1967 of them.

And whoever said no softtop as standalone option? Softtop only has been flicking standard offering from beginning, base msrp has always included the st and just the st. Any other choice, be it hard only or dual has been an option, not standard. I would not expect (and I know nothing more than I know) this to change since I consider it impossible at this point in time for Ford to magically be able to ship every Bronco with a MIC, which is what you implied

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Dude's like a migraine, keeps coming back.

You do realize that Ford has not commercially sold 1 modular hardtop yet don't you? When the HE's hit the street supposedly in Q2 then maybe someone might know something unless Ford puts something out earlier, but doubtfully since the MIC tops have been available for production for over two years and there's still not an option to buy a fully built retrofit one.

I guess until you bless us with your presence again only to lambast us for our lack of knowledge ...

Ford Bronco Will the Modular Painted Hard top be available for retrofit? ice-cube-bye-felicia

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dude's like a migraine, keeps coming back.

I guess until you bless us with your presence again only to lambast us for our lack of knowledge ...

Ford Bronco Will the Modular Painted Hard top be available for retrofit? ice-cube-bye-felicia
succinct and to the point. Very well done sir.

OP
OP

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I gave it 4 months off this forum this time. Been enjoying the heck out of my Bronco. Many great adventures offroading and overlanding. May drive it to Costa Rico or Alaska.
Did a good search just now. But still - no - word - on - MODULAR Painted hard tops that I originally ordered my 2021 Bronco with. If I hadn't cancelled the Mod Top, would I still be waiting for my Bronco, 3 years later? I know I am....on the retrofit top.

Sponsored

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct - No word from Ford on Modular Hard Tops as an orderable item yet...I'm waiting to hear as well...

...and it's "Costa Rica", not "Costa Rico".

• Haha
Reactions: Cat
OP
OP

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I mean I want to go to the coast that Rico Suave lives on.
Thanks on the no news conf though.
Sponsored