Sponsored

White Modular Hardtops…We will be the beta testers!

• Thread starter Deleted member 32220
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 32220

Anyone care to guess why white is first? Maybe because white will hide the most imperfections in the SMC molds and process. Black and Color match will be thousands of tops later when they get the molds/ process refined. How many 2 door’s will leak from the porthole on top? I think the White Modular top is another nightmare waiting to happen, and I stupidly am signing myself up for that w/ a 2 door Heritage standard. What’s your thoughts? Let’s hear ‘em!
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You're not wrong and I'm here along with you as well. Maybe we can setup a mod top support group section once they start hitting the street.

Ford Bronco White Modular Hardtops…We will be the beta testers! group-hu

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone care to guess why white is first? Maybe because white will hide the most imperfections in the SMC molds and process. Black and Color match will be thousands of tops later when they get the molds/ process refined. How many 2 door’s will leak from the removable windows and porthole on top? I think the White Modular top is another nightmare waiting to happen, and I stupidly am signing myself up for that w/ a 2 door Heritage standard. What’s your thoughts? Let’s hear ‘em!
White snakeskin roof gonna be 2023 #1 trend
200w (1).gif

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone care to guess why white is first? Maybe because white will hide the most imperfections in the SMC molds and process. Black and Color match will be thousands of tops later when they get the molds/ process refined. How many 2 door’s will leak from the removable windows and porthole on top? I think the White Modular top is another nightmare waiting to happen, and I stupidly am signing myself up for that w/ a 2 door Heritage standard. What’s your thoughts? Let’s hear ‘em!
That’s my thought as well. Might as well go for a downstream trim level and save money for an aftermarket mod top someday

Sponsored

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seriously, there are so many damn threads on this cluster fuck known as Webasto Bronco Hard tops... Can @Ford Motor Company just sue them already and change vendors or spend the extra dime to get them like Jeeps???

ryan-reynolds-wtf.gif

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Those that are expecting removable windows are going to be disappointed. That design element has been been dropped. The only concept that showed the removable windows was the A51 Overland Rig.

As far as any conspiracy on the white hiding imperfections, I don't think that holds any merit. It is just a matter of simplifying production and only offering the top on the respective HE models.

OP
OP

Deleted member 32220

Those that are expecting removable windows are going to be disappointed. That design element has been been dropped. The only concept that showed the removable windows was the A51 Overland Rig.

As far as any conspiracy on the white hiding imperfections, I don't think that holds any merit. It is just a matter of simplifying production and only offering the top on the respective HE models.
I will correct the first post about the windows, I didn’t realize they had been omitted. The porthole should still be interesting. It would be nice if you were right about the white, but after my V2 w/ 900 miles is cracking all over you start to wonder…the black mod. top was proposed early on in the launch. I think it will only return when the molds/ process are perfect (or near it) Mod top is SMC, MIC IS AIREX foam core, with very thin bi-axial roving and gel coat, the bi-ax is what causes print through that everyone is calling “Snakeskin” Aviation tech that clearly they are in way over their head. The SMC will be significantly heavier and stronger.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will correct the first post about the windows, I didn’t realize they had been omitted. The porthole should still be interesting. It would be nice if you were right about the white, but after my V2 w/ 900 miles is cracking all over you start to wonder…the black mod. top was proposed early on in the launch. I think it will only return when the molds/ process are perfect (or near it) Mod top is SMC, MIC IS AIREX foam core, with very thin bi-axial roving and gel coat, the bi-ax is what causes print through that everyone is calling “Snakeskin” Aviation tech that clearly they are in way over their head. The Smc will be significantly heavier and stronger.
Well, the body color mod top was also available at launch (OBX only). I think it is just a matter of making one flavor to eliminate one less hurdle at least for MY'23. The porthole/gunner's hatch is still in the mix. And as you alluded to the SMC will be heavier. There has been many theories as the purpose of the gunner's hatch. But I think the main reason is provide an open air experience for the rear passengers as the main rear shell will be a pain in the ass to remove.

I hope it all works out as I still have an order in allocation purgatory that will hopefully have a body color mod top as an option in MY'24 and later. No complaints from my current MIC top.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lucy is even dressed in Ford blue.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who is the manufacturer of the original top and this white top? Webasto?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Who is the manufacturer of the original top and this white top? Webasto?
Yes. After the MIC top fiasco (has it ever ended?), there were claims that Webasto had lost the contract to produce the modular HT. Seems as if that was just bluster or perhaps Ford couldn't get out of the contractual terms with Webasto.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No crying from me on the loss of the removable rear windows, great in theory but could see them being very expensive to replace if dropped. I'm surprised that we've yet to see anyone offer a rear slider yet, that is what I want!

I'm taking it that the Mic and Mod side windows should be the same size and dimensions now right?

download.jpeg

Sidewindows.jpg
Sponsored