Sponsored

Who has the worst car being replaced by a Bronco?

onetong8r

Base
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, VW Beetle, Jeep TJ, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve read stories on B6G about people getting stuck without a vehicle, driving vehicles beyond their useful life or other issues while waiting months / years for their Bronco to arrive. For example, my Bronco will be my primary daily driver. I gave my TJ to my daughter when I reserved my Bronco and now split time between my F250 and VW Beetle TDI driving 50 miles each way to work with the Beetle getting the most use. The F250 is big with a big turbo and injectors and gets ~9mpg if I drive easy. My 1999 Beetle has 277k miles, no air conditioning (live in FL), the CEL and ABS light are always on, it needs struts and shocks and CV shafts, the dash and door panels sound like they are going to fall off whenever I hit a bump, the radio works intermittently, the windows need a helping hand most days to get back up, it’s been hit on the passenger side and the paint where it wasn’t hit doesn’t look any better. Oh, and the transmission slips when she’s cold in the morning. My original plan last year was to sell the VW for weight and get a new Rubicon but decided to instead get a Bronco because, Bronco. I don’t regret my decision even a little and I think my POS VW experience will make my first drive in the Bronco that much sweeter. I hate a car payment but at least we've been able to squirrel away extra money for a down payment. Who else is replacing a POS with a new Bronco?
Sponsored

SouthTX

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Challenger RT Shaker
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve read stories on B6G about people getting stuck without a vehicle, driving vehicles beyond their useful life or other issues while waiting months / years for their Bronco to arrive. For example, my Bronco will be my primary daily driver. I gave my TJ to my daughter when I reserved my Bronco and now split time between my F250 and VW Beetle TDI driving 50 miles each way to work with the Beetle getting the most use. The F250 is big with a big turbo and injectors and gets ~9mpg if I drive easy. My 1999 Beetle has 277k miles, no air conditioning (live in FL), the CEL and ABS light are always on, it needs struts and shocks and CV shafts, the dash and door panels sound like they are going to fall off whenever I hit a bump, the radio works intermittently, the windows need a helping hand most days to get back up, it’s been hit on the passenger side and the paint where it wasn’t hit doesn’t look any better. Oh, and the transmission slips when she’s cold in the morning. My original plan last year was to sell the VW for weight and get a new Rubicon but decided to instead get a Bronco because, Bronco. I don’t regret my decision even a little and I think my POS VW experience will make my first drive in the Bronco that much sweeter. I hate a car payment but at least we've been able to squirrel away extra money for a down payment. Who else is replacing a POS with a new Bronco?

I love my Shaker Challenger but honestly, I can't wait. There's only so much you can do in a RT, legally. Idea was to get a Jeep product but the new Bronco is just too perfect. The wait gets me to save up for that lower monthly payment. I can't wait to change pace and get off the asphalt.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Our Bronco is replacing my wife's 2008 Edge. 265k miles and counting.

Actually a pretty nice car, just had a two year old low beam bulb go out over the weekend (thank you DRL's) :mad:

We are hoping our Bronco makes it while we still have a pretty nice starter car to sell.

gettk

Big Bend
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C300
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am running a 2008 MB C300 with 201k on it. Kept it an extra 4 years waiting for the Bronco, but I gotta say, this car has no quit in it and it is great in snow. Will hate to see it go.

Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I thought the Bronco would come sooner so I sold my truck while I was working from home. Its gone up a few thousand in value due to the market, so that's a loss.

Now there's talk about being required to go back into the office, so a burgundy 2002 CRV with 200k+ miles on it has recently caught my eye. Might be purchased if I don't hear good news from Ford in May.

Dune_Runner

First Edition
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2007 Dodge Caliber. Only have 110k miles on it but it’s a heap of crap. Drives like a tank, 0-60 in never, shakes/rattles over every bump with half the paint peeling off the bumper. Been working from home for over year so each time I want to use it I jump it with the wife’s explorer. I may still keep it and use it to commute back and forth to work whenever that is and use the Bronco on the weekends.

nosaj525

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base 2dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BMW 325is coupe, 1995... 208k miles. Its got dents, rust, no back seats.. meant to be a track car, now my beloved shit box..

I actually daily drive a 325i station wagon, 2001, 180k miles, and I rotate the two when one breaks down. BMWs are the first cars I learned to work on, but you always have to keep em in twos!

Carbnight

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, F-150, BMW R1200GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2004 Toyota Sienna AWD, 180K, no AC (Inland Bay Area, CA), CAT is shot, Master Cylinder not working, needs new brake pads. Only drive it one weekends.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone with a land rover or audi of any year or flavor is declared winner
Any VW product man... my sister bought a late model used Tiguan about two years ago and it’s already had multiple $800 repair bills. Just insanity. I bought my Jeep around the same time and even if I had a shop do the repairs I’ve done myself it would only be $500 or so total.

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

wife’s hand-me down 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe with two blown speakers and a ripped leather front seat. 140k.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a great truck, it just has high miles. *fingers crossed*

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just sold it. 09 Focus coupe 5spd with 197k. There's going to be a lot of motorcycling, rain or shine, for the next 3-6 months. Believe me, it wasn't nearly as clean as I polished it up to be.

IMG_20210517_185058832_HDR (1).jpg
Sponsored