Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since we all have lots and lots of time before getting our new broncos.....I was thinking about getting a sasquatch and then throwing some 33s on there. The speedo will be off so we will need a programmer. Throw a 91 tune on the 2.7l....With the 4.7 gearing....We might have a sleeper on our hands. Overall driveability would be better. Maybe keep the 33s for summer and the 35s for winter. Thoughts.....
If anything, depending on if you live in a snowy area, it should be the other way around... 33s for winter with snow tires and 35s for the rest of the year.

Personally, I'm going non-squatch and may still get some steelies for winter with snow tires.
Sponsored

OP
OP
hemiblas

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If anything, depending on if you live in a snowy area, it should be the other way around... 33s for winter with snow tires and 35s for the rest of the year.

Personally, I'm going non-squatch and may still get some steelies for winter with snow tires.
I'm in Colorado too....I've gotton stuck a few times with 33s just playing around in the snow. The 35s should help out with the extra ground clearance. Both 33s and 35s have the same width so that wouldnt be a factor.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in Colorado too....I've gotton stuck a few times with 33s just playing around in the snow. The 35s should help out with the extra ground clearance. Both 33s and 35s have the same width so that wouldnt be a factor.
Could it be the tires you had? I know we've had some big snows the past few years and after you get above two feet of snow, extra clearance is certainly a good thing. I would think good snow tires on 33s would get you through some good snow though.

OP
OP
hemiblas

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Could it be the tires you had? I know we've had some big snows the past few years and after you get above two feet of snow, extra clearance is certainly a good thing. I would think good snow tires on 33s would get you through some good snow though.
I had 33" bfg all terrain ko2s......so it wasnt the tires. Yeah my neighborhood gets some good storms for some reason and we get unusually high snow levels sometimes from drifts. My jeeps have gotton stuck with 33s and full lockers engaged a few times. I'm looking forward to 35s....

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2013 F150, 1979 Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would seriously consider the option of getting a Black Diamond Sasquatch instead of a Badlands non-squatch. I would then likely buy a set of 33s for daily driving and keep the 35s to swap for occasional off-road trips. Total price would be about a wash, but I’d get a second set of wheels instead of the sway bar disconnect (which I’m not convinced I need and may just be another part to eventually need repair).

But alas, I want a manual, so I don’t think this is even something I can consider.

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dumb tire question, I reserved a BL and want to SAS it but I was wondering if you can get A/T instead of M/T, I'm in Socal so don't really need mud tires, I see you can do the A/T or M/T on stock 33s for BL but haven't seen that option for 35s

OP
OP
hemiblas

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dumb tire question, I reserved a BL and want to SAS it but I was wondering if you can get A/T instead of M/T, I'm in Socal so don't really need mud tires, I see you can do the A/T or M/T on stock 33s for BL but haven't seen that option for 35s
I think the mt stands for multi terrain in fords world. It's an at tire from what I've read.

WkndEpic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford’s website indicates that the Sasquatch package is equipped with LT315/70R17 BSW Mud-Terrain tires. I’m curious to know where you’ve seen it listed as multi-terrain.

P.S I recognize that there are mistakes/misinformation on Ford’s website (ie. rubber vs carpet floor on the FE). It’s certainly possible that there is info posted elsewhere that indicates multi vs mud-terrain for the 35” tires in the SQTCH package.

OP
OP
hemiblas

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...dyear-wrangler-territory-lt-tires-145762.html

There are also a few threads on this as well.

I found this in a forum post.

- Per Goodyear MT is Max Traction, not Mud Terrain ( Driving home the point that this tire is more versatile than traditional Mud terrain).

- Mountain Snowflake ( Severe Snow Rating) testing is still in progress, It has not been given that rating- yet, at least until testing is done.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...not-bear-wrangler-name-on-outboard-side.2094/
I just found the thread....

Ford Bronco Who's going to buy a sasquatch and throw on some 33s 1599966092944

Last edited:

WkndEpic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...dyear-wrangler-territory-lt-tires-145762.html

There are also a few threads on this as well.

I found this in a forum post.

- Per Goodyear MT is Max Traction, not Mud Terrain ( Driving home the point that this tire is more versatile than traditional Mud terrain).

- Mountain Snowflake ( Severe Snow Rating) testing is still in progress, It has not been given that rating- yet, at least until testing is done.

Ford Bronco Who's going to buy a sasquatch and throw on some 33s 1599966092944
I appreciate the link and info. It’ll be interesting to see how this and so many other unknowns play out in the coming weeks and months. One thing is for certain, we’ll be grinning from ear to ear when we take delivery of our rigs.

Sponsored

MattECDNdealer

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Demo: 21 Bronco BL (2dr 2.3 MT) Toy: 04 TJ Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.7 with 4.70 gears and 35s is already on the "short" side if you ask me. Nothing to be gained by reducing size to 33s, you'll just be running up the gears even faster and revving a little more at highway speeds.

Ecoboost motors don't necessarily benefit from shorter gearing. I remember when Ford did the Tremor edition F150 with a short box regular cab, 3.5 ecoboost and 4.10 gears. It was the the only time Ford had paired that combo with such a small truck. The thing was, heavier supercab 3.5s with with 3.73 gears could still outrun them. The short gears had the truck shifting too much and not taking advantage of the EcoBoost's broad and flat torque curve. Dropping down to 33s with an already very short 4.7 gear set might actually lose you some "zip".

About your elevation concern, this is a forced induction engine, as the air gets thinner it just forces more in to compensate.

OP
OP
hemiblas

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, huh?

The 33s are 285s and the 35s are 315s...

The 35s are 1.2” wider.

Ford Bronco Who's going to buy a sasquatch and throw on some 33s 394BFEB4-DCA4-4100-BD65-856C9BC22977

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wait, huh?

The 33s are 285s and the 35s are 315s...

The 35s are 1.2” wider.

Ford Bronco Who's going to buy a sasquatch and throw on some 33s 394BFEB4-DCA4-4100-BD65-856C9BC22977
I understood him to mean same width rim as in they both use an 8” rim?
Sponsored