Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

👋 My '05 Xterra is starting to nickel and dime us. My husband has started doing the repairs himself. He replaced the radiator a couple weeks ago (by my complete surprise) and he needs to do a throttle body cleaning next. I probably won't see my Bronco until middle of next year so I'm crossing my fingers daily that it can keep on being the great car it has been for a bit longer.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
🙋‍♂️ - 2004 Jetta TDI Wagon...I love the damn thing and it would drive until the end of the world if I let it. But, one strange noise after another. It could be a daily driver for someone for years to come. I’m just done putting money into it at this point. Once I decided the Bronco was next...I have just been holding out that something detrimental won’t happen before delivery.

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW z3, Nisan rogue, joint-custody of Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I replaced my tires and transmission on my Nissan Rogue (for 0 dollars under warranty at 110k miles!) but TRAGICALLY my AC is out and I forgot about it until last week when it hit 80 in minnesota.

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've got a $500 Lexus GX that has a bad driveshaft u-joint (I think). Mostly just haven't had time to deal with it.

I've also got a 2nd gen Xterra with a Stillen supercharger that is burning an unhealthy amount of oil. Also it has started stuttering when coming to a stop. While that worries me, it's not actually mine, and my friend doesn't seem terribly concerned so, I keep driving it and hoping the transmission/torque convertor doesn't explode on me.

dbweb

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Pro 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Land Rover LR3 - 235,000 miles, No heat or A/C, Front driver side and rear passenger side windows do not go down, will not shift out of 4 high, terrain modes unavailable, rear hatch struts blown, loose tie rod, radio/infotainment dead, various exterior plastic parts falling off, small coolant leak, and a misfires when starting.

Worst part is I am a late November reservation so I am not expecting my Badlands until mid 2022 at the earliest and not sure the Land Rover will make it until then. May end up having to cancel and get something else if it does.

TXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My ride is a 2010 F-150. Bought it from the original owner (old man, couldn't drive anymore) w/ 31k on the clock a few years ago after I lost my car to hurricane Harvey. Paid 8 grand cash. Currently has 58,xxx and has been rock solid. Not worried.

The wife however is in a 05 Toyota sienna with 230,xxx. It's has front suspension issues, the steering fights you the whole time. And I feel like I have to stand on the pedal to get the thing to stop. replaced CV's, rotors, leaking oil pan, and had water pump, timing chain and thermostat replaced as a preventative maintenance kinda thing. It's currently leaking something, from somewhere and haven't had time to diagnose. It's a Toyota, so if we treat it right, it'll drive till the wheels fall off, but that's what I'm afraid of. If the van dies, may derail my Bronco plans.
Oh, and I'm keeping the truck and the wife gets to drive it until we get her something to replace the van. Love that truck...

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hope none of the dealers (if) you plan to trade in are reading this lol.

But seriously, large maintenance costs are coming up for me (front brakes & 2 of the 4 tires) on my 78,000 14 fusion.. might need the hvac replaced & it's acting up which was quoted to me at $1000...

ColtN0ir

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
New ecm in the 06 wrangler, New top, about to get the windshield replaced...getting her nice and new looking to be sold just in time for the bronco

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

F150 is great... but my ‘03 excursion has a knock/rattle in the engine. Gonna try to pull it out in the next few weeks and rebuild the bottom end before I sell it. Gotta buy a new cherry-picker to do it because the damn thing is so tall.

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have multiple 00-06 tahoe and yukon vehicles. So cheap to buy and repair. If you are a mechanic. And have time. I struggle with dropping 50k on a vehicle when my last few have been under 5k.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think i'll be ok till Bronco time?
Ford Bronco Whose current vehicle is breaking down? bluesbrothersbluesmobilt.1229

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh man, I haven't read all the posts yet, but this is my kinda thread. I didn't think it would be though. Thought I'd cruise right on through to Bronco town, but just recently my 2011 Nissan Xterra told me different. I'm now thousands into fixing it up and getting it back into good shape. At least now I should be able to sell it and tell the buyer there is nothing wrong with it.

New timing chain, new tires, TPMS fixed, changed automatic transmisson fluid and various lines replaced, rattle in lift gate fixed, antenna replaced (after stubby rusted and broke off at the base), heat shields removed or replaced, shifter light replaced, rear bumper step pad replaced, what else I'm at forgetting...?
Sponsored

Last edited: