First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No and I mean NO manufacture of anything is going to warranty something that was at a 3rd party being worked on. so yea its Fords fault you guys are unbeliveable.
Ford has been so good to everyone from start to finish on this after we all forked over 40k+ for a vehicle we waited at least 6 months on (most much longer) We got a silly flag and a even sillier calendar for our wait
 Obviously if the shop did it, it’s their fault no argument. Ford on the other hand rushed plenty through with the bronco hence the recalls. Best to have the work done at your dealership if they will do it. Mine won’t do lifts, they did install my DV8 bumper though.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has been so good to everyone from start to finish on this after we all forked over 40k+ for a vehicle we waited at least 6 months on (most much longer) We got a silly flag and a even sillier calendar for our wait
 Obviously if the shop did it, it’s their fault no argument. Ford on the other hand rushed plenty through with the bronco hence the recalls. Best to have the work done at your dealership if they will do it. Mine won’t do lifts, they did install my DV8 bumper though.
I totally get everyones frustration with the Launch failure. This is a 1st yr model, they always have issues, If you pull the trigger on a 1st yr model there will be some growing pains. As for the people adding lifts and all kinda of aftermarket stuff either your not realistic or you have never done this to a vehicle before ie add lift loss all warranty of all suspension almost geranteed. thats all i am saying.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It could have happened at the assembly plant, it could have happened during the dealer inspection, or it could have happened at the tire shop. You probably will never know. My guess is it was at the assembly plant or at the tire shop. Unlikely a dealer mechanic would disassemble a vehicle that far during a PDI.

BUT, the tire shop isn't wrong, the threads on that are definitely messed up.
PDI wouldn’t get anywhere near that. My moneys on the tire shop. Not a lot of skilled folks find their way to a tire shop as a tech.

Juiceisloose

Big Bend
First Name
JAY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got a hole on the sidewall of my rear right tire this past weekend. 5 out of the 6 lugs came off the last got to the end and just free spun. Had to Pry the last lug off because roadside said it would take 35-65 minutes @ 1145pm. I've only had this bad boy less than 1 month. Taking it to FORD this saturday for warranty claim..

20220725_082450.jpg

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd bet its the tire shop, but you can't prove it either way. I did the lift on my Ranger and it is similar. did they install the lift? or did they just take the axle nut off and notice? If they installed the lift, I bet it was them when they went to put the axle nut back on. If they didnt, then just removing the nut probably wouldnt do that.

I cringed when you said used a gun on it....stuff like that you hand thread back on being very careful to make sure the nut and threads are properly aligned before tightening.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You never posted a picture of the nut, unless u missed it. I removed and reinstalled several working on my LR3 and those nuts were staked in the axle groove. It was mandatory to chisel out the staked portion from the groove before removing old nut to prevent thread damage. And the staking of the nut, which keeps it locked in place, is tge reason these are one time use. Jury is still out but my vote relieves Ford of any liability on this

iamcris

Badlands
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mistakes were made. Hopefully the OP doesn't end up paying for it because some clown can't own up to their mistake.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nothing that a thread file xant fix. And where it is crewed up is not where the nut sits when everything is fully installed
General Tools 177-8 Metric Thread Repair File https://a.co/d/d5kq2rY
I have repaired threads with just a hacksaw blade

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's what I'm expecting to happen. Neither will claim fault and I'll just pay my $400 so I can enjoy my ride.
1) Did the “tire shop” guy have all of his teeth???
If not, my gut tells me to put the blame on him.

2) On the other axle 
. Did the tire guy reuse the self galling throw away nut.??? If so, expect the same issue.

3) Run a dye nut over the threads and get 2 new nuts and call it a day.

If they manage to screw that up
 get a new axle

Don’t expect ford to pick up the pieces since you chose to modify your truck.

I don’t mean to be harsh

But do the work yourself. I’m so sick of half ass so-called professionals who clearly should not be in business destroying everything they touch
 then when things go bad they look to blame others.

Just my two cents

Sponsored

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cross threading will get picked up by DC tools in factory. those readings will be closely monitored. there will also be a quality inspection to check for cross threading. 90% probability it is done by tire shop. and there is only a 10 % probability it happened in Ford Assy plant.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dang, 221 lb-ft torque spec on that nut

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think this is an easy question to answer. The shop was removing that nut to change the parts behind it. If those parts have been changed then they were putting it back together and stripped the nut. If the parts behind the nut haven't been changed then they had no reason to be installing the nut yet so it happened during removal.
I've had factory bolts strip during removal before, even if properly installed, because debris will destroy the threads while backing it off.
I also agree I'd chase the threads, put on a new nut and keep going.
Good luck with the repair.
Sponsored