Sponsored

Why does my Bronco hate my hot, sweaty legs?

Snakk Attakk

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, I'm wearing shorts and running errands today, and jump back into my Bronco in the searing heat. I start her up and engage maximum cooling. Ahhh! The fan gets set to the max automatically, and recirculated air is enabled automatically as well. But wait! The air is coming through the instrument panel air vents only. No worries, I'll just hit the button to enable the footwell air vents as well. But...this deselects MAX A/C! So, I hit the MAX A/C button again...and the footwell button toggles back off!

WHAT IS GOING ON??? There isn't any rationalization for this injustice in the Owner's Manual.

Ford Bronco Why does my Bronco hate my hot, sweaty legs? 1693851547518
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like it is working as stated in the Owners Manual. Not saying it's the right or wrong way to go about just that it's the way it is supposed to work.

Ford Bronco Why does my Bronco hate my hot, sweaty legs? Max Cool

OP
OP
Snakk Attakk

Snakk Attakk

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds like it is working as stated in the Owners Manual. Not saying it's the right or wrong way to go about just that it's the way it is supposed to work.

Max Cool.jpg
Yeah I think they are trying to maximize air velocity and displace hot air at the top of the cabin by shutting off the footwell vents. It is what it is. I wouldn't take this too seriously; it is mostly a bit of observational comedy.

Donkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
totalled
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bro, you misspelled "HAWT", don't sell yourself short.

But also I guess maybe since max pulls air in through the footwell and that would mean it comes out your floor vent and straight back in if the floor vent is open. Just turn thermo down and fan speed up by hand next time.

itee203

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

maybe look into one of these. :) I love that its a Bronco that he is using for the example.