Sponsored

Why don’t people like the OEM tires/wheels?

joes bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco 2017 f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A little late on this thread, the factory wheels I have no problem with but the factory tires yuck. The day I bought my bronco it was snowing, when leaving the dealership lot, had to put it into 4 wheel dr. to get out and on to the street. First mod, new tires.
Sponsored

Lokee5150

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I also have a BB, and I found the stock wheels and tires underwhelming.

Ford Bronco Why don’t people like the OEM tires/wheels? IMG_1051

I got lucky though, and I found a set of new Badlands Non-Sas take-offs for super cheap. No modifications needed (minus updating speedo), and I Iike the look much better :)

Ford Bronco Why don’t people like the OEM tires/wheels? IMG_1548

MtnTopComms

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5, 2019 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Made it through the thread and gathered some interesting information for my applications. Thanks everyone!

I ordered my Wildtrak on 2/13 and will spend the next several months here patiently waiting...

My needs will be different than others in some ways, I'll keep the stock for street driving but as we get closer to delivery date I'll pick up another set of factory wheels for the off road tires.

Winter driving where I am requires really good snow and ice tires. I'll probably try to get by the 1st winter with the factory ones but after that will probably have to have a specific set of winter tires.

Off road for me is going to radio communications sites over sharp rocks and at elevations to 10,000 ft on some sketchy roads... I'll stick with stock wheels but will probably get a couple sets and change the rings.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is one area where Auto manufacturers could make a huge leap for customers and get Kuudos for doing so. Partner with a top-tier Aftermarket wheel supplier and offer them in a package. If you could choose two factories available Black Rhino's or RTR's, and include it in the build sheet, it's a win, win, win all the way around.

Ford isn't shoving wheels into the universe to be removed and placed in a dusty corner of the garage; the owner gets something stylish on delivery, and the environment is saved the excess. Or a better idea is to stop letting Boomers/accountants pick wheels for modern vehicles and let your target demographic in on the decisions.
You do realize many of the highly talented and helpful people on this site are Boomers right? Personally I'm sick of the divisive language that is so accepted in today's dialogue. It serves no useful purpose. EVERY generation has heroes and zeros. Don't be a Zero.
Sponsored