Sponsored

Why don’t people like the OEM tires/wheels?

ColoradoSkiDreaming

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I didn‘t want my bronco lifted as it’s an everyday driver and I needed max gas mileage… so I actually like the look of the tires it came with. That being said I see tons of posts of people wanting to sell the oem and not being able to get much for them because none of you want them.

Questions - why don’t people like them?

When I need new tires I should probably look to buy some from all of you that want to ditch them rather than pay $1,200 at a tire store, correct?

Thank you for input.
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Some people like vanilla. Some people like rocky road. Some people like big wheels.

There isn’t anything terrible about stock. Just preferences

There is absolutely nothing wrong with picking up takeoffs so long as you are careful not to let yourself get scammed (in the usual “buying stuff online” ways, not that there is anything wrong with takeoffs)

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the stock rubber on my BD SAS. They take me everywhere I have wanted to go so far.

I had an OBX non SAS, and the tires wouldn't take me off-road the places I wanted to go. I knew that when I bought it so had them replaced the first few hundred mile into owning it. I bought Goodyear Durtrac's and went anywhere I wanted to.

Sponsored

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t hate the BB rims but I certainly didn’t love them either. The stock Duelers on the other hand…they had to go because I wanted to take it off road.

Ultimately I think a lot of people, including me, enjoy the personalization that the Bronco allows. Putting new rims and tires is arguably the easiest way to transform it into a different looking vehicle.

There is nothing wrong with leaving it stock but I’d say most people change them for looks or function of the vehicle.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I love my BB wheels and the duelers were great on road tires, but looked awfully sedate. I needed something with better off road traction, puncture resistance and look.

OP
OP

ColoradoSkiDreaming

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I didn’t hate the BB rims but I certainly didn’t love them either. The stock Duelers on the other hand…they had to go because I wanted to take it off road.

Ultimately I think a lot of people, including me, enjoy the personalization that the Bronco allows. Putting new rims and tires is arguably the easiest way to transform it into a different looking vehicle.

There is nothing wrong with leaving it stock but I’d say most people change them for looks or function of the vehicle.
Some people like vanilla. Some people like rocky road. Some people like big wheels.

There isn’t anything terrible about stock. Just preferences

There is absolutely nothing wrong with picking up takeoffs so long as you are careful not to let yourself get scammed (in the usual “buying stuff online” ways, not that there is anything wrong with takeoffs)
That’s kind of what I figured… thank you.
I like the stock rubber on my BD SAS. They take me everywhere I have wanted to go so far.

I had an OBX non SAS, and the tires wouldn't take me off-road the places I wanted to go. I knew that when I bought it so had them replaced the first few hundred mile into owning it. I bought Goodyear Durtrac's and went anywhere I wanted to.
Makes perfect sense thank you. I thought about going to a different tire when I replace them for more driving options but then I saw all the cheap posts about the oem tires that fit my needs for everyday mom driver.
I very much disliked the tires/wheels it came with. Wanted to pick what I liked & wanted an all terrain tire.
Does an all terrain tire change gas mileage or feel of drive much? I love the way it drives now and I get between 22-25 mpg on my big bend 2.3 (yes, I know 2.7 is probably cooler to most… but again, gas mileage a
I love my BB wheels and the duelers were great on road tires, but looked awfully sedate. I needed something with better off road traction, puncture resistance and look.
The current tires seem to do great on pavement for sure… any chance you know if switching to an all terrain tire like you did impacts gas mileage? Also - love that you are in CO. I’m from Boulder orig. and go back to the mountains there often.

def love the personalization… my current bronco is my trial one and eventually I‘lol order one that has everything I want but I wanted to try it out and learn in the vehicle rather than on an order screen. That being said, I guess I‘d rather spend money on other options (def tons of add ons to spend $ on). Appreciate your time and input thank you!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That’s kind of what I figured… thank you.

Makes perfect sense thank you. I thought about going to a different tire when I replace them for more driving options but then I saw all the cheap posts about the oem tires that fit my needs for everyday mom driver.

Does an all terrain tire change gas mileage or feel of drive much? I love the way it drives now and I get between 22-25 mpg on my big bend 2.3 (yes, I know 2.7 is probably cooler to most… but again, gas mileage a

The current tires seem to do great on pavement for sure… any chance you know if switching to an all terrain tire like you did impacts gas mileage? Also - love that you are in CO. I’m from Boulder orig. and go back to the mountains there often.

def love the personalization… my current bronco is my trial one and eventually I‘lol order one that has everything I want but I wanted to try it out and learn in the vehicle rather than on an order screen. That being said, I guess I‘d rather spend money on other options (def tons of add ons to spend $ on). Appreciate your time and input thank you!
I lost 1 mpg going to slightly larger heavier AT Tires

Sponsored

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
While I don’t have any issues with my stock Wildtrack Sasquatch tires (there actually the lightest 35” equivalent tire I could find) I don’t really care for the wheels, even though I have the all black version I just don’t like the style. But I don’t think I’ve ever liked an OE wheel ever, one of the first things I do with a new ride is change the wheels to add a personal touch to it.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really like the WT rims but would prefer a true 35 vs the rock throwing Goodyears. Everyone has a vision on what they want to do with their bronco, and that's the best part about these broncos, there all different, in a good way. 🍻

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Different strokes. I love the factory Badlands wheels myself.

UniBronc

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F550, 12 F550, 13 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I run in sport mode all the time so mileage is not a big deal? The Bronco is better than a Super Duty so that's enough for me.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stock wheels just look very bleh to me. The stock tires are pretty decent across the whole trim range though, if the size is acceptable might as well use them up.

I lost 1 mpg going to slightly larger heavier AT Tires
You're doing great, I've lost about 10 mpg going to a significantly larger and heavier tire. 😂
Sponsored