Sponsored

Why don’t people like the OEM tires/wheels?

mbdlds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Discount Tire has 5 tires in 35x11.5x17 that will work.
Could you expand on "work"? I have read enough here to figure they are fine for on road, but I am still unclear if they would be fine stuffed while off-road, full lock, etc. Mostly curious about stock BL since I like the optional wheels that were on the abandoned order I picked up.
Sponsored

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could you expand on "work"? I have read enough here to figure they are fine for on road, but I am still unclear if they would be fine stuffed while off-road, full lock, etc. Mostly curious about stock BL since I like the optional wheels that were on the abandoned order I picked up.
I meant they will work well on the BL wheel. They are the same width as the 285s that come on the BL and do not contact the control arm.
I expect that crash bars need to be removed or replaced with high clearance units. My plan is to use 1" spacers to achieve a Sas-like offset.

Sponsored

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Btw, do I need a brake light extender with those, or could my stock one do the trick?

Jmanly

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Btw, do I need a brake light extender with those, or could my stock one do the trick?
I put one on. Could have gotten by without it, but had already bought it so why not.

Sponsored

RedSoloCup

Big Bend
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like the stock big bend wheels. I do wish they were 18”wheels as it makes it easier to find 33” tires. I also like the color matches the grill on the big bend too. I’m debating on what to do though. I may just find a wider better looking 32 or squeeze a 33” as it’s right at the width of the wheel limit. I don’t need more height. I won’t do a ton of off-roading as I’ve wanted a Bronco for looks but to have the off road capability if need be. I like doing dirt trails at decent speeds. I don’t like slow rock crawling. Plus this hauls the fam more since my other ride is a 24 Mustang. Basically i want capability if i need it is all. I’m a fan of the stock tires. I had them on my F150. They work for light off road and did great in snow. Never even needed 4x4. They just don’t look like much lol. I think i may do 1” spacers to get some better stance for now until it’s time to upgrade. Although im always on the lookout for local deals on used wheels and tires to I could actually go aftermarket lol.

JB Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands w/ 2.7L V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Standing up for all corgi’s and non-sas family! Full Send!
Ford Bronco Why don’t people like the OEM tires/wheels? IMG_4773
Ford Bronco Why don’t people like the OEM tires/wheels? IMG_4773
Love the mod you did on the Corgi. Have you put it on the Dyno to see what type of what was gained? I'm assuming they were helpful in providing "lift" on that jump.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is one area where Auto manufacturers could make a huge leap for customers and get Kuudos for doing so. Partner with a top-tier Aftermarket wheel supplier and offer them in a package. If you could choose two factories available Black Rhino's or RTR's, and include it in the build sheet, it's a win, win, win all the way around.

Ford isn't shoving wheels into the universe to be removed and placed in a dusty corner of the garage; the owner gets something stylish on delivery, and the environment is saved the excess. Or a better idea is to stop letting Boomers/accountants pick wheels for modern vehicles and let your target demographic in on the decisions.