DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i don't understand brand loyalty. they sure don't give a sh!t about their customers. I buy what i like currently own a dodge and a ford so i'm glutton for punishment it seems.
Sorry to read so many comments that are negative. We’ve been a lucky, satisfied Ford oval family for decades and can count on 1 hand the vehicles with problems. We are extreme about maintenance and care of our vehicles. Much of our success is the dealer relationship AND my husband doesn’t fester about any issue, large or small. He makes Ford make it right. Again , lucky I guess. Husband and our sons have owned all American branded trucks over the years BUT always return to Ford especially for business. Realizing Ford makes production vehicles and often the finish materials are lame but that’s why there are optional packages to choose from. Yes, customer service has tanked in almost every industry BUT in our case, our dealer relationship shines through. Loyal to the blue oval still.
Sponsored

OP
OP

4Fords

Outer Banks
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, OuterBanks, Bigbend, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry to read so many comments that are negative. We’ve been a lucky, satisfied Ford oval family for decades and can count on 1 hand the vehicles with problems. We are extreme about maintenance and care of our vehicles. Much of our success is the dealer relationship AND my husband doesn’t fester about any issue, large or small. He makes Ford make it right. Again , lucky I guess. Husband and our sons have owned all American branded trucks over the years BUT always return to Ford especially for business. Realizing Ford makes production vehicles and often the finish materials are lame but that’s why there are optional packages to choose from. Yes, customer service has tanked in almost every industry BUT in our case, our dealer relationship shines through. Loyal to the blue oval still.
People rarely comment on positive things. I try to let people know when people do the right thing. You’re exactly right. It’s the dealer. I tested two other dealers pricing Fords this past year knowing I had a $3500 and $2000 factory rebate. Neither of those two dealers were passing it on. Just going to keep it as profit. Dealer I go to offers to pass it on every time.

Lksamm

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

After dealing with Ford on my 2 engine replacements, turbo, and Catalytic convertor on my 2023 Braptor I will never recommend or buy a Ford again. The customer service from Ford was horrible, local dealership has been great. We will see how they treat me on the buyback, assuming it will be the same thing.

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Only reason I bought a ford is because of the bronco. Other than that, ford is no longer built tough. However, I hold no allegiance to any car company
Absolutely this. Family has two other Fords, Escape and EcoSport, and God, do they suck.

Jmccown

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 vadlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 1st ford was 2000 f250 that I bought new. In 20years I can count on 1 hand problems I had with that truck. Pulled a 25' 5th wheel with 24' boat behind it. When it came time to buy a new truck of course I bought a new f350 platinum. That was in 2018. Have had no issues other than a couple recalls. I pull a 35' montana with a rzr 4 pro r alot of the time behind the 5th wheel. Anyway traded my 2016 jk for new bronco in April. So far no issues. Just my 2 cents.

Sponsored

Sgroll

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra 6spd, 2018 GTI, 1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Our '66 FORD Mustang coupe runs like a champ.

However, the C4 transmission is a leaky pig and the MPG with the four-barrel on a V8 is only a tad better than the new Broncos.

See, a happy Ford owner.😁

Mustang 6.jpg

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm a Ford guy by birth. From my mom and her dad. He worked for Ford for 50+ years. This is not my first new Ford nor can I say it will be my last or not.

Growing up my Grandfather took great pride and joy in buying a new car every year. It was normally a Grand Marquis LS but sometimes a Towncar. Eventually it became where he would give my mom his 1 year old car and trade in her two year old car. This translated to my dad also buying Fords and then myself.

I've owned many many dozens of cars (new and used), ~70% have been Fords.

Currently there are two Fords, a GM and a MOPAR on my side of the metaphorical garage and my wife has a Honda on hers. The Fords were made in the US, the GM in Korea and the the Dodge in Mexico. And the Honda in Japan.

I am not impressed with the quality nor the materials Ford has chosen to use in the Bronco. I love the car, but it doesn't feel like I can put 100k on it.

This is not an apples to apples comparison but it is at least an oranges to tangerines one. I've had the Bronco for 23 months and it has ~12,500 miles (bought new in NOV 2021). And my Spark is 12 months old and has ~21,500 miles (bought new in SEP or OCT 2022). The Bronco has not left me stranded but it has had some pretty annoying issues (the driver aids going out, the radio going out, the entire dash going out, the several recalls). It's not that I don't trust it, but it gives me pause. The Spark has had zero issues. It has needed oil changes and one new tire because I ran something over on the interstate. The Bronco also cost like 4 times as much, so I do judge them a little different based on that. But even with that the build quality is better in the Spark. The materials are about on par with each other. Which, IMHO, shouldn't be the case.

Ford does not value quality. This is abundantly clear with their new cars compared some of their older ones.

With all that said, I would still choose a new Expedition Max over a Yukon XL. And a new Mustang GT (prior to the awful 2024 refresh :barf: ) over a camaro SS. But I would go with a Challenger R/T over the new Mustang GT. When it comes to a new pickup it would be a tough call between a Raptor or another PW. Again all things being equal.

BUT, here is my big Kardashian butt, new car prices, no matter the nameplate, are absolutely stupid and make no sense. Screw paying even MSRP anymore let alone a mark up and the car note rates are insane. Forget that!

Which makes me a little more nervous on the longevity of the Bronco as I now intend to keep it for a good while. The JK it replaced ran to 225k miles and was still going strong. Just sayin'.

At any rate, I do think the design of the Bronco was home run for Ford. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP

4Fords

Outer Banks
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
People rarely comment on positive things. I try to let people know when people do the right thing. You’re exactly right. It’s the dealer. I tested two other dealers pricing Fords this past year knowing I had a $3500 and $2000 factory rebate. Neither of those two dealers were passing it on. Just going to keep it as profit. Dealer I go to offers to pass it on every time.
Absolutely this. Family has two other Fords, Escape and EcoSport, and God, do they suck.
Our Escape drove great. I think dealership rebuilt it with monthly recalls. We put more miles on loaners than our escape. I’m happy to drive someone else’s car. Do it every day if I could!!!!!

OP
OP

4Fords

Outer Banks
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm a Ford guy by birth. From my mom and her dad. He worked for Ford for 50+ years. This is not my first new Ford nor can I say it will be my last or not.

Growing up my Grandfather took great pride and joy in buying a new car every year. It was normally a Grand Marquis LS but sometimes a Towncar. Eventually it became where he would give my mom his 1 year old car and trade in her two year old car. This translated to my dad also buying Fords and then myself.

I've owned many many dozens of cars (new and used), ~70% have been Fords.

Currently there are two Fords, a GM and a MOPAR on my side of the metaphorical garage and my wife has a Honda on hers. The Fords were made in the US, the GM in Korea and the the Dodge in Mexico. And the Honda in Japan.

I am not impressed with the quality nor the materials Ford has chosen to use in the Bronco. I love the car, but it doesn't feel like I can put 100k on it.

This is not an apples to apples comparison but it is at least an oranges to tangerines one. I've had the Bronco for 23 months and it has ~12,500 miles (bought new in NOV 2021). And my Spark is 12 months old and has ~21,500 miles (bought new in SEP or OCT 2022). The Bronco has not left me stranded but it has had some pretty annoying issues (the driver aids going out, the radio going out, the entire dash going out, the several recalls). It's not that I don't trust it, but it gives me pause. The Spark has had zero issues. It has needed oil changes and one new tire because I ran something over on the interstate. The Bronco also cost like 4 times as much, so I do judge them a little different based on that. But even with that the build quality is better in the Spark. The materials are about on par with each other. Which, IMHO, shouldn't be the case.

Ford does not value quality. This is abundantly clear with their new cars compared some of their older ones.

With all that said, I would still choose a new Expedition Max over a Yukon XL. And a new Mustang GT (prior to the awful 2024 refresh :barf: ) over a camaro SS. But I would go with a Challenger R/T over the new Mustang GT. When comes to a new pickup it would be a tough call between Raptor or another PW. Again all things being equal.

BUT, here is my big Kardashian butt, new car prices, no matter the nameplate. Are absolutely stupid and make no sense. Screw paying even MSRP anymore let alone a mark up and the car note rates. Forget that!

Which makes me a little more nervous on the longevity of the Bronco as I no intend to keep it for a good while. The JK it replaced ran to 225k miles and was still going strong. Just sayin'.

At any rate, I do think the design of the Bronco was home run for Ford. :)
I get you! I was a Chevy guy until 2012. 3 lifters went just after warranty on motor and went to 2014 F150. My brother was CFO at plant that built Ford and GM components. Obama bailout helped Chevy, but suppliers left holding the bag on millions of dollars and my brother had to let go of over 300 American workers cause gov’t mandated certain portion of production had to go to China! He then had to travel there at least 12 weeks of every year, being handed mask as he exited plane due to poor air quality and being stuck for weeks as power grids shutdown. He did not sleep well for years having to let go of all those employees. Everyone has stories as to why they buy what they do. Ford not been perfect, but for me a better effort to correct than others. Effort counts to me!

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Our Escape drove great. I think dealership rebuilt it with monthly recalls. We put more miles on loaners than our escape. I’m happy to drive someone else’s car. Do it every day if I could!!!!!
I don't know if you're being ironic or not, but saying your Escape drove great in the same paragraph of saying it spent most of its time getting its issues fixed is counterintuitive.

Sponsored
OP
OP

4Fords

Outer Banks
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't know if you're being ironic or not, but saying your Escape drove great in the same paragraph of saying it spent most of its time getting its issues fixed is counterintuitive.
It was all stupid stuff to check out. The only part that they ever replaced was a seat belt latch. I’m an hour drive from closest dealer. Just got to be a pain wasting so many days.

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why can’t a car drive great but stil have multiple problems? My bronco drives good and has several unsolved issues and has a total time of 3 months in the shop out of 11 mos ownership.

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why can’t a car drive great but stil have multiple problems? My bronco drives good and has several unsolved issues and has a total time of 3 months in the shop out of 11 mos ownership.
Fair enough, but you should also try driving an Escape.

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealership experience has been... less than stellar. Their service department sucks. I'm at the point where I will never buy another vehicle from that location again.

• Bronco's first oil change: oil on top of the engine and oil on the driver's seat. They apologized and cleaned it up.
  • Wife's car's oil change: tremendous amount of oil on top of the engine. The car was smoking and we thought there was a serious issue until we figured out it was oil burning off. They apologized and cleaned it up.
  • I complained about the front roof panel weather seals not lining up, leaving a quarter inch gap on both sides. The dealership's response? It's "by design" and there is nothing wrong with it. I have some weather stripping foam in there to fill the gaps along with towels shoved between the roof and the roll cage and that significantly cuts down the noise.
  • I tried to have them address the windows catching on the top weather seal when opening the doors, specifically referring to the procedure in SSM 50477. Their response? Window initialization procedure performed, which of course did nothing for the problem. This one is hopefully getting addressed again in a couple weeks. I'm not optimistic.

I'm getting another oil change this weekend and I'll be examining under the hood before I leave.
Ford (and all brands) dealer experiences vary wildly. My 2 local Ford dealers will never see another penny from me. Their arrogance is only eclipsed by their total incompetence in service. I searched the Forums and found Town & Country Ford in Bessemer AL. A fantastic buying experience and when I need service, I'll make the drive to see them as well. I've had similar experiences with Jeep, Subaru, Acura and Cadillac/GMC dealers as well. Some care, some don't give a damn. People are People regardless of who or what they are representing.

krksteve

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much are they paying you? Or you a bot just making shit up?
Sponsored