Pie Grande

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (eventually)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So to answer your question, Why do i Want one? why now? and why a 2021?
I want one because i will need a car next year,

i was gonna get a wrangler, but not after the bronco caught my attention

and a 2021 because i want to have a car that nobody except reservation holders will have, its the hype, nobody can buy one for that year hehe

Last edited:

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Of course everyone sees it different. That's the basis for my question. My question isn't about what's right or wrong, or whether you want something that is different than what I want. My question is why. I'm trying to figure out why people are doing what they are doing. There must be a reason people want something, not good or bad. So, why do you want a 2021 Bronco that you are likely to trade or sell within a couple or few years.

I'm just asking what is the motivation for your choice. It's not a weighted question, but a neutral question.
For me, my kids are entering college, I have no more need for a Dad wagon (Explorer currently but was a Tahoe before that). I wanted to get back to a more fun, rugged vehicle. Have always loved trucks since I saw Marty McFly's back in the 80's. I have owned an 85' Toyota 4x4 and a 96' Dodge Dakota 4x4 with the small block V8. Loved my trucks and had planned to buy one next year, then I saw the Gladiator and was thinking about it (Not stock, they're ugly, but lifted and upgraded) and then I saw the Bronco and though it was awesome looking and not quite as big and unwieldly in the world as a full size lifted truck. Might decide that it's not a 100% what I want after I get it and may decide to swap out for a lifted truck or may even decide the Cybertruck is amazing once I finally see them on the road or I may decide that the Bronco is exactly what I want. Not worried about jumping in and finding out its not what I want, I have alternatives, and everything is a learning experience.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So to answer your question, Why do i Want one? why now? and why a 2021?
I want one because i will need a car next year,

i was gonna get a wrangler, but not after the bronco caught my full attention

and a 2021 because i want to have a car that nobody except reservation holders will have, you are getting a vehicle you spec'd out yourself, not your dealer,
Ford Bronco Why Buy a 2021 ? tenor (8)

Sjbiss

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well my biggest reason for getting one is that it's not a Wrangler! :ROFLMAO:

Don't get me wrong, I love my Jeep (2010 JKU), but there are so many tiny issues with it and I am sick of fixing them all the time. With the Bronco, I think I will be happier dealing with its inevitable first model year issues than issues that should have been resolved years ago on my ten year old Jeep.

It also helps that I have always been a Ford fan and this is the one and only vehicle that has the chance to get me out of a Jeep for good. I was about ready to pull the trigger on a new JL Rubicon when photos were first released. I changed my mind fast.

The way I see it, this is a great time to give the Bronco a try. They are in such high demand, that if you get one early and hate it, you can probably flip it for close to what you paid and buy something else. That's my plan, but I doubt I will hate this.
This is me. I love my 2012 JKU but the ride is a bit rough, it leaks terribly, the rear window go down slowly on their own requiring me to roll them up constantly, the door handles stick, ect, etc. BUT I love the look, the ability to make mods and the soft top truck. Hoping I can get the benefits with less of headaches.

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get that. Most people that have a reservation do. My question isn't whether you want one, but why now, why a 2021?
This isn't 20 years ago, new models aren't untested trash. These vehicles go through insane evaluation, the drivetrain is tested (trans/motor) there is literally nothing to lose. The purchase cost will only go up over the next 2-3 years. And more importantly I have the purchase power to buy a loaded Badlands right now, why wait is the real question :)

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen a number of posts about buying a Bronco and then trading it in for a 2022 or 2023, usually implying they'll trade it when the bugs are worked out, or when the options are available they want, or the V8 is offered or something.

I'm just wondering why someone would go through the reservation, order conversion, process only to buy something else a couple or few years later.
Because "keep up with the Joneses" is a real thing...

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll be blunt, I want to be one of the first people in town with one! July 14th reservation here, so I hope to get it next summer!

OP
OP

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a July 14 baby too.

Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s interesting is that it’ll be a dinosaur in a very short period of time, because everything is going electric.

people talk about getting the manual because it may not be offered in the years to come.

how about getting a 100% gas vehicle, because they won’t be offering them in the years to come.

OP
OP

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Electric vehicles are just a fad.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Electric...yeah, because what's the range here in Colorado when I'm at 12,000', in the snow with temps below zero? 5 miles...maybe 6? And where do I plug in at when the nearest charging station is 100 miles away?

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I get that. Most people that have a reservation do. My question isn't whether you want one, but why now, why a 2021?
Because 2021 comes before 2022?