First Name
Stevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know that there will be plenty of hate on this post. Let’s get the obvious out of the way…some people love the removable top-but not me.

I would absolutely love to have an option for a solid and fixed roof on this bronco.

I have a 2022 Badlands squatch with hard top and lux package and I love everything about it….except the removable top.

It is literally the only thing about the vehicle that I do not completely adore. The water leaks and noise are ruining an otherwise perfect vehicle for me. It makes me consider switching to another vehicle, but I waited so long for this vehicle and nothing else really compares.

I’ll keep it and love it, but the solid hard roof would be a game changer for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Stevins

Badlands
First Name
Stevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe the Bronco Sport is more your speed?
Wow. Thanks for that high quality comment. Try not to hurt too many people with your sharp wit.

ChaseG

Outer Banks
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I respect the opinion but for many of us, a roof off SUV limits our options. There are so many solid roof SUV options out there if that’s truly a desire.

I wouldn’t be remotely surprised if there was one in a refresh though.

Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I know that there will be plenty of hate on this post. Let’s get the obvious out of the way…some people love the removable top-but not me.

I would absolutely love to have an option for a solid and fixed roof on this bronco.

I have a 2022 Badlands squatch with hard top and lux package and I love everything about it….except the removable top.

It is literally the only thing about the vehicle that I do not completely adore. The water leaks and noise are ruining an otherwise perfect vehicle for me. It makes me consider switching to another vehicle, but I waited so long for this vehicle and nothing else really compares.

I’ll keep it and love it, but the solid hard roof would be a game changer for me.
I agree.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well as some of you may know, I ordered the Armadillo top. I do not have the hard top, but my thoughts with this top is that it will be a solid top with portals to open if I want the open air. Sort of like big sunroofs. If I want the back open, I can take the gulf wing doors off.

I feel this will take care of several things, add rigity to my RIG, quiet it down, and give me the option to have the roof open if I like. Also being aluminum, I know it will last.

Win WIn WIn.

duel007

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4-door Bronco Badlands Lux Non-Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm with you on this - I think a one piece body color top would be an awesome option for the people who would only occasionally remove the top. Extra sound deadening/etc.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP

Stevins

Badlands
First Name
Stevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not seen these threads yet. Thanks for sharing. I know it isn’t for everyone but the Bronco is perfect FOR ME with the exception of the removable top that I won’t use and causes all of my current issues with this otherwise awesome machine.

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Personal opinion: I feel like in order for Ford to directly compete with Jeep, they offered the same two options Jeep offers which are hard and soft tops. I’m not a huge fan of hard top either but it’s not a deal breaker for me. I def agree with you though. If there was a solid top option would’ve 100% went with it

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The removable top (and doors) is the only thing that makes it unique to any other SUV, besides the Jeep, which it was designed to complete with. The whole design is around a removable top. It wouldn’t need a full roll cage otherwise. There are better options for a fixed roof vehicle in my mind.

I would be game for a full one piece removable fiberglass or metal top option though.

Last edited:

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The removable top (and doors) is the only thing that makes it unique to any other SUV, besides the Jeep, which it was designed to complete with. The whole design is around a removable top. It wouldn’t need a full roll cage otherwise. There are better options for a fixed roof vehicle in my mind.
agreed. Before ordering my Bronco, I looked into the Defender and the upcoming land cruiser (both fixed top) and ended up sticking to the Bronco
Sponsored