First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ve run both solid and mesh tops on my Wrangler (as well as no top).
A solid Bimini top feels like a hard top without doors. Why bother?
No top is awesome, but the sun beating down can be too much, and there is zero protection from rain.
For me the mesh top is the perfect balance. I can see through the mesh top giving me the feeling of the top fully off, I gain UV protection, it reflects the sun enough that I donā€™t even have to wear a hat to keep the sun out of my eyes. And as for rain protection, when youā€™re sitting still you get way more protection than no top, but youā€™ll still get wet. But when youā€™re moving itā€™s almost the same as having a solid Bimini top. For me the mesh top is the way to go.

I have a question for Jeep owners of mesh and canvas bikini tops. I end up on highways often. At speeds of 75mph will the canvas top flap around too much and is the mesh a better option on the highway?
Iā€™ve had no flapping issues with either top at 75-80 mph (driving 2 door 98 wrangler). Of course Iā€™ve always got the music cranked so thereā€™s a chance Iā€™ve just never noticed it ?
Sponsored

Jason O

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Bronco II; 2015 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a question for Jeep owners of mesh and canvas bikini tops. I end up on highways often. At speeds of 75mph will the canvas top flap around too much and is the mesh a better option on the highway?
As for the mesh tops, my guess is it would depend on which brand of mesh top you have. Some use bungee and have an inch or two gap between the mesh cover and frame, while others use straps/buckles and no gap.

I run a Jtops and it straps/buckles down, so it gets pulled tight and buckles together. Iā€™ve never had issues at highway speeds.

https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=Jtopsusa

OP
OP

Huntsetter1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No top is awesome, but the sun beating down can be too much, and there is zero protection from rain.
For me the mesh top is the perfect balance. I can see through the mesh top giving me the feeling of the top fully off, I gain UV protection, it reflects the sun enough that I donā€™t even have to wear a hat to keep the sun out of my eyes. And as for rain protection, when youā€™re sitting still you get way more protection than no top, but youā€™ll still get wet. But when youā€™re moving itā€™s almost the same as having a solid Bimini top. For me the mesh top is the way to go.

Iā€™ve had no flapping issues with either top at 75-80 mph (driving 2 door 98 wrangler). Of course Iā€™ve always got the music cranked so thereā€™s a chance Iā€™ve just never noticed it ?
Thatā€™s what I wanted to know. Thank you

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Best advice. Thank you. Mesh it is
(Ordering it separately since I'm sure it'll delay my vehicle)

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mesh is better for highway but I did alter the canvas safari top to not flap as much. If you roll a window down, it also helps with the flapping.

Sponsored

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best advice. Thank you. Mesh it is
(Ordering it separately since I'm sure it'll delay my vehicle)
Why do you think ordering a bimini top would delay your order? If thatā€™s the case, Iā€™ll definitely hold off too.

JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope they come out with something like the Trektop NX for the Bronco, man I really love that thing on my JKU. It's a full on soft top with windows, it has the sunrider (front area over the seats flips back), or you can run it with the all the windows out as a bikini top which just covers the front to the rear roll bar with the trunk area open.

I love just having the bikini top part on with the doors off, been running that since may, super open and you get some coverage from the sun and rain. I don't like to have the top off all the time, it's waaay too bright and hot, hard to even see your gauges sometimes. It does have the drawback where it takes a while to put in your windows but then again you don't have that hideous mess of frame bows and top clogging up the back.

Should be interesting to see what comes out for the Bronco, not sure if Bestop is working with Ford or not.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why do you think ordering a bimini top would delay your order? If thatā€™s the case, Iā€™ll definitely hold off too.
I have no proof. But they've said on several occasions that delivery of vehicles is dependent on part/accessory availability. I'm taking no risks. Ordering my wildtrak barebones and getting my accessories (mesh top, tow package,, floor mats) though my dealership separately. It'll cost me more but it'll save me the mental anguish knowing my vehicle was delayed because of supply chain issues

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hope they come out with something like the Trektop NX for the Bronco, man I really love that thing on my JKU. It's a full on soft top with windows, it has the sunrider (front area over the seats flips back), or you can run it with the all the windows out as a bikini top which just covers the front to the rear roll bar with the trunk area open.

I love just having the bikini top part on with the doors off, been running that since may, super open and you get some coverage from the sun and rain. I don't like to have the top off all the time, it's waaay too bright and hot, hard to even see your gauges sometimes. It does have the drawback where it takes a while to put in your windows but then again you don't have that hideous mess of frame bows and top clogging up the back.

Should be interesting to see what comes out for the Bronco, not sure if Bestop is working with Ford or not.
They are. Watched a YouTube video earlier today where they showed the bestop for the bronco

It's this one -

Sponsored

JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They are. Watched a YouTube video earlier today where they showed the bestop for the bronco

It's this one -
Ah ok cool, yeah that's the Sunrider for Hardtop.

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can any wrangler owners chime in about the noise of the soft top? I'm wondering about that low frequency booming/fluttering some vehicles get when the windows are down and the sunroof/top is open. I'm hoping the mesh top doesn't have enough 'give' to cause pressure changes which translate to frequency noise in the cabin.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm confident that someone will design a mesh top for just the front area of a 4 door as there is no cross beam to attach to like on a jeep.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's this one -
they'll have to engineer one that covers both rows of seats, hopefully somebody will. That would be my ideal setup, soft top over the two front rows hard shell in the back.
This sunrider kind of makes it impossible to remove the rear roof panel or at least it'll look very odd. Sadly when I contacted them they had no plans to make a two row one, hopefully somebody else will step up and do so.
Sponsored