First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My preference would be all metal with removable first and second panels like it currently has, but be able to remove those panels without taking off the roof rails. I’d like to be able to toss my canoe on top, drive to the lake or river, and put my panels back on when away from the vehicle. The current design is substandard and poorly thought out.

(Note:also the top should be body color.)
You just describe the Armadillo top.
Sponsored

Redcobra

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition, 2020 Escape, 1970 Galaxie XL Conv
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't get it, you posted a normal 4 door Bronco?
NOT a Bronco !
It’s a FLEXCO!
Brought to you by Ronco!
Set it and forget it!
Nice photoshop though….Ford Flex SAS wheels

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No shit. I swear, every hobby I get into has gatekeepers who pop up and tell you that you're not a real enthusiast if you don't do it a certain way. You just gotta ignore them.

What i find funny about this topic in particular is the classic Bronco guys I've met up with a few times now are like "whats a top? you have air conditioning?" and yet somehow those guys are way more welcoming than some gatekeepers
It's been that way forever.

And I am guilty of it too in the Mustang community. If you don't have 8 cylinders what is the point? And I stand by that but I also understand that people have different monetary means. And I've owned n/a 4 and 6 banger Mustangs. lol You just couldn't pay me to drive a non V8. And a row-it-yourself.

OP
OP

Stevins

Badlands
First Name
Stevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would love a one piece removeable top. I look at the panels and shake my head. If anything makes sense I say remove the back and leave the front panels on... that's coming from years of running topless with biminis.

If I find a 2 door hard top close, I am going to snag it. Run two coosa board panels on top and underneath, glass the panels into one piece, stiffen the corners, and sound deaden it. Hit it with bedliner and call it a day.

That's just me. if the panels are off...it is all off. I don't like tee tops on jeeps or Corvettes either.

While I am at at it, get rid of the 2 extra doors and add 2 cylinders...lol

I love a ragtop, but design it so it sits inside the panels and doesn't look like a VW cabriolet. Clean lines.

But alas, options are money and I am sure Ford marketing came into play bigtime on what people wanted.

Salt

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d seriously consider buying a Bronco with a solid top. I think it’d look great! Integrate a sunroof in it, and you’ve got a winner, IMO.

I still think Ford (or an aftermarket company) should make a similar top like the Wrangler has - the Sky One-Touch top.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the idea of the removable roof, but I've found that I rarely remove even the front panels. I, too would be interested in a one piece roof. It could still be removable - although likely very heavy. The 2001 Wrangler Sahara roof almost never comes off, either. So, I should have realized that wouldn't change with the Bronco.
ADV has a one piece roof option.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The removable or soft top on the Bronco is hardly it's major selling point there's so much more.
The number 1 (by far) selling point is that Bronco comes with a stick shift. I live in Phoenix. Top down weather is 2 weeks in late Feb, and 1 week in Late October. Summer is far too hot, winter too cold.

Had a drop top Mustang before the Bronco. Almost never had the top down, and all you needed to do on the 'Stang was flip two latches and hold down a button.

JLC64UK

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 21 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm confused. If you did any amount of research before you bought the vehicle you were aware that it was not a solid top. The purpose for buying this type of vehicle (or wrangler even) is so you can remove the top or parts of it and the doors. So why then did you buy this vehicle?

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
The number 1 (by far) selling point is that Bronco comes with a stick shift. I live in Phoenix. Top down weather is 2 weeks in late Feb, and 1 week in Late October. Summer is far too hot, winter too cold.

Had a drop top Mustang before the Bronco. Almost never had the top down, and all you needed to do on the 'Stang was flip two latches and hold down a button.
You can only find 2 weeks of top down weather in Phoenix? No offence -- but maybe you are an indoor girl/guy?

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can only find 2 weeks of top down weather in Phoenix? No offence -- but maybe you are an indoor girl/guy?
Last week of January and I am already running the Air Conditioner.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I totally understand. I am also a member of the F150 forum and got blasted when I mentioned how much I love my truck, but hate all that wasted space behind the cab. All it does is create drag and it is so light the rear end slides all over the place when driving in slick conditions. Like what good is that? Just build the cab and slap some tires on the back.

For reals, though...you likely already know the answer. $$$ The Bronco was re-introduced to be a direct competitor to the Wrangler and that big market of consumers. It's no surprise that many features are the same or similar. Having a fixed top, as in a built closed roof like the 4 Runner means design and engineering money and more logistical headaches for the assembly line. And we all know how well things went with all the options that Ford gave us to date as far as production delays, etc. Sometimes its just easier to say we are not going to do that, and we have enough sales interest that I think that decision will be okay. So far, I would say that decision was pretty accurate seeing as how many of us waited for years or months to get our Broncos.

Last bit of good news...aftermarket will catch up and get you something close to what you want, or you can always find a fab shop and a bag of money and get what you want. That's how things like the Challenger Drop Top Conversion Kit were born.
Sponsored