First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last week of January and I am already running the Air Conditioner.
I don't run the AC until it gets in the 90s, and where I live we have the humidity to go with it. I know it gets brutal hot in Phoenix, but your highs have been 60s - 70s all week! I don't know man, for me nothing like feeling the wind in the face to unwind after a day at the office. Somtimes I put on a coat and drive with the windows wide open when its 35 degrees.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know that there will be plenty of hate on this post. Let’s get the obvious out of the way…some people love the removable top-but not me.

I would absolutely love to have an option for a solid and fixed roof on this bronco.

I have a 2022 Badlands squatch with hard top and lux package and I love everything about it….except the removable top.

It is literally the only thing about the vehicle that I do not completely adore. The water leaks and noise are ruining an otherwise perfect vehicle for me. It makes me consider switching to another vehicle, but I waited so long for this vehicle and nothing else really compares.

I’ll keep it and love it, but the solid hard roof would be a game changer for me.
I agree. I also believe it would be an easier option (and cheaper) for FORD to produce. A one piece removeable, I see nothing wrong with it as an option.

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know that there will be plenty of hate on this post. Let’s get the obvious out of the way…some people love the removable top-but not me.

I would absolutely love to have an option for a solid and fixed roof on this bronco.

I have a 2022 Badlands squatch with hard top and lux package and I love everything about it….except the removable top.

It is literally the only thing about the vehicle that I do not completely adore. The water leaks and noise are ruining an otherwise perfect vehicle for me. It makes me consider switching to another vehicle, but I waited so long for this vehicle and nothing else really compares.

I’ll keep it and love it, but the solid hard roof would be a game changer for me.
The most simple thing to do is have Ford get your existing top right and then never remove any panels or the top itself. My top does not rattle ,squeak or leak and neither should yours.

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm confused. If you did any amount of research before you bought the vehicle you were aware that it was not a solid top. The purpose for buying this type of vehicle (or wrangler even) is so you can remove the top or parts of it and the doors. So why then did you buy this vehicle?
Couldn't find a 4runner he liked and the Defender was out of his price range

dvnorton

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 7-spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The most simple thing to do is have Ford get your existing top right and then never remove any panels or the top itself. My top does not rattle ,squeak or leak and neither should yours.
It's far from simple to get Ford service to get much of anything right -- multiple threads on this forum attest to that fact. And multiple more address all the hacking people have done to stop their hard tops from rattling, squeaking, and leaking.

Sponsored

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well if the top did not leak or have defects maybe you would like it as is? I have no issues with my top- no leaks, drafts, etc. maybe it's just luck of the draw. I'll more than likely never take the top off- it's too heavy for my wife and I to lift it off and I have absolutely no where to store it, even briefly. But I like that it does have a removeable top- and also the removeable roof panels too. It's just a really cool feature. What I did expect is that there would be a soft option and it would be pretty much available- even on the 2 door- which there is not.
Nailed it on the bold.

I'm losing hope that a ragtop 2-door from the factory will ever happen. I have ZERO interest in the cardboard-core hardtop, because I have one of those lives and would thus be guaranteed to get a POS.

And while I'm ranting, bring back f*cking cloth seats in one model. I've seen enough of MGV in boats over time to know I don't want that either.

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nailed it on the bold.

I'm losing hope that a ragtop 2-door from the factory will ever happen. I have ZERO interest in the cardboard-core hardtop, because I have one of those lives and would thus be guaranteed to get a POS.

And while I'm ranting, bring back f*cking cloth seats in one model. I've seen enough of MGV in boats over time to know I don't want that either.
I bought a Bestop, and love it, even with its flaws and imperfections. That said, I hope to get a MyTop option in the future , thats what I really want.

As far as the seats, I ever get the money, ditching those for Katzkins with ventilation in a heartbeat
Sponsored