Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've posted a few times on there regarding a bimini/bikini top solution, it almost kept me from trading my JL for a Bronco. I basically go 6 months hard top, 6 months no top/bikini top in the southeast where in the summer it can rain any day of the week. It's kept in a garage and I work from home so that mitigates a lot of the issues, but I hate messing with a soft top. A bikini top that blocks at least some of the rain when I'm driving is needed, I honestly don't care about it getting wet when it's parked, that's what the drain plugs are for.

So, here's my review, keep in mind I've had TJ, JK, and JL bikini tops from Bestop, Mastertop, etc. The latest version of the JL was the best so far. This beats all of them, I'm not kidding. I really thought there was no remedy for the flapping that would occur with no middle roll bar. There's two reasons why it's working IMO - 1. The fabric is higher quality. 2. - The amount of connection points. 75, 80 MPH, I could hear the radio, no major flapping (no noise from the flapping really) and I could have actually tightened it down more. Same speed, windows up, I can actually hear myself talk, no way that happens in the Jeep, trust me, wife and I went 3.5 hours last summer and couldn't talk the entire time.

I set it up today, and to be honest, I f'ed it up to begin with, djp sent better instructions and helped me out. It definitely takes longer the first time, but I took it off this afternoon and I left most of the bungees with balls looped in their eyehole to quickly put back on. I left the screws and clips in place where I could. I'll put it on and off a lot in the next few weeks probably and can report back. So far.....it's an excellent product.

I would maybe think about some extra bungees and clips (he provided one clip) because I could see losing some. This was the 2 door version, but same concept for the 4. Anyone looking for a bikini top - send him a PM. I'll link some videos if I can edit them to be small enough. I'm not getting anything for this, just wanted to post in case someone is looking for the same thing I was, here's the link: broncocanvasbimini.com
Sponsored

Last edited:

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've posted a few times on there regarding a bimini/bikini top solution, it almost kept me from trading my JL for a Bronco. I basically go 6 months hard top, 6 months no top/bikini top in the southeast where in the summer it can rain any day of the week. It's kept in a garage and I work from home so that mitigates a lot of the issues, but I hate messing with a soft top. A bikini top that blocks at least some of the rain when I'm driving is needed, I honestly don't care about it getting wet when it's parked, that's what the drain plugs are for.

So, here's my review, keep in mind I've had TJ, JK, and JL bikini tops from Bestop, Mastertop, etc. The latest version of the JL was the best so far. This beats all of them, I'm not kidding. I really thought there was no remedy for the flapping that would occur with no middle roll bar. There's two reasons why it's working IMO - 1. The fabric is higher quality. 2. - The amount of connection points. 75, 80 MPH, I could hear the radio, no major flapping (no noise from the flapping really) and I could have actually tightened it down more. Same speed, windows up, I can actually hear myself talk, no way that happens in the Jeep, trust me, wife and I went 3.5 hours last summer and couldn't talk the entire time.

I set it up today, and to be honest, I f'ed it up to begin with, djp sent better instructions and helped me out. It definitely takes longer the first time, but I took it off this afternoon and I left most of the bungees with balls looped in their eyehole to quickly put back on. I left the screws and clips in place where I could. I'll put it on and off a lot in the next few weeks probably and can report back. So far.....it's an excellent product.

I would maybe think about some extra bungees and clips (he provided one clip) because I could see losing some. This was the 2 door version, but same concept for the 4. Anyone looking for a bikini top - send him a PM. I'll link some videos if I can edit them to be small enough.
Much appreciated Adam! I built it for myself, and it was so bullet-proof I decided to share :)
It's the same fabric that is used on river jet boats here in Idaho blazing up the Snake River, so it's overkill for the Bronco, but it's what it deserves. Some video's on the website of going 68 MPH with very little flapping, and the funny part is I had some points that were missing bungee's and the back section was not even pulled tight.

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Much appreciated Adam! I built it for myself, and it was so bullet-proof I decided to share :)
It's the same fabric that is used on river jet boats here in Idaho blazing up the Snake River, so it's overkill for the Bronco, but it's what it deserves. Some video's on the website of going 68 MPH with very little flapping, and the funny part is I had some points that were missing bungee's and the back section was not even pulled tight.
Iā€™m torn between this and a J-tops mesh top for my two door.

I like that Jtops has the ability to install the MIC right over the top of itā€”but that also means it looks a bit silly in any color but black, since all the reinforced stitching around the flaps is always black. Iā€™m thinking the canvas top would look slick in buckskin tan.

I like that the canvas top is waterproof, but really, if my bronco sits out in the rain with any bikini/bimini top, Iā€™m pretty sure the inside is getting wet.

I routinely drive ~77mph, so if one is any quieter than the other, that would definitely be a point in its favor.

Also $270 shipped for the canvas vs $370 for the JTops is a definite point in its favorā€¦

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like that Jtops has the ability to install the MIC right over the top of itā€”but that also means it looks a bit silly in any color but black, since all the reinforced stitching around the flaps is always black. Iā€™m thinking the canvas top would look slick in buckskin tan.

I like that the canvas top is waterproof, but really, if my bronco sits out in the rain with any bikini/bimini top, Iā€™m pretty sure the inside is getting wet.

I routinely drive ~77mph, so if one is any quieter than the other, that would definitely be a point in its favor.

Also $270 shipped for the canvas vs $370 for the JTops is a definite point in its favorā€¦

Mesh is great and non-mesh is great. The kid and wife do not like mesh, my seats at the golf course do not like mesh (after 4 hours). I like mesh, but I also like canvas.

Buckskin is a sweet color, hoping one of the guys will post pic's soon, as two were sent out to Eruption Green's.

Both can be left on with MIC over top: (watch from 1:52)

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the video @Anvilair1973 glad you like it !!

"No flapping at 70mph! Thank you!!!"

Last edited:

Sponsored

RiverDawg69

Badlands
First Name
K.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where do i find this top?

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

wondering the same thing!
and does it come in off white?

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where do i find this top?
wondering the same thing!
and does it come in off white?
Former(?) member @djp was selling them, but appears he's been banned. No idea on the details.

I have one of his tops though and it's pretty solid. I wish there was a better way to mount the front in general without going the velcro route that JTops offers, but this one does stay pretty tight and the canvas seems adequate to the task.

Sponsored

Amac

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco and 2006 z06
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I would maybe think about some extra bungees and clips (he provided one clip) because I could see losing some. This was the 2 door version, but same concept for the 4. Anyone looking for a bikini top - send him a PM. I'll link some videos if I can edit them to be small enough. I'm not getting anything for this, just wanted to post in case someone is looking for the same thing I was, here's the link: broncocanvasbimini.com

Amac

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco and 2006 z06
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 2 door version and purchased the one offered by ford. It makes all kinds of noise at highway speed. Not really happy with it. Wish I had known about a different solution. šŸ¤¬

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 2 door version and purchased the one offered by ford. It makes all kinds of noise at highway speed. Not really happy with it. Wish I had known about a different solution. šŸ¤¬
Hi Alex! I can look into your Bronco's noise concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?