First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Donā€™t forget to buy a bag of dumbass rubber ducks!
The guy in the vid who just bought the Rubi even knocks that if you watch through. I read on here Ford dropped the base Bronco due to lack of demand. I don't buy that (see a lot of base and especially with SAS on here). I think Ford did not see the profit margins they wanted, so dropped the base and upped the price on the BB.

Sponsored

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All of the 2dr Rubicon's I found when I was looking to buy were anywhere from $7-10K more than my Badlands 2 dr cost me.. I was already heavily leaning towards the Bronco 2dr but the price difference sealed the deal for me..

Did I hear that dude right? He spent $2K more for the Jeep? Wow! The Sas for $2K less would have been his better option. The Rubicon comes with 33's and the Sas comes with 35's etc.....

Sounds like he purchased on a whim...

Ford Bronco Why this guy bought a Rubicon over a Bronco 20240413_152129

Last edited:

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hes making excuses. He was always going to get the wrangler. Every ford dealer has broncos on the lot and im sure he could have found exactly what he wanted within a reasonable distance. He didnā€™t order the jeep heā€™s currently in so im sure he settled for a color or options he didnā€™t want, he wasnā€™t willing to do that for a bronco.

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
you accidentally posted on the wrong forum
OP seems to be a little fixated...

These are some amazing stats from 2022. Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door only loses 7.3% of value over 5 years. 4 door increased in value by 2% over 3 years of ownership. We are seeing the big asking over MSRP of the Bronco disappear. Will it hold its value in coming years like the Jeep JL does? https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/šŸ’°-jeep-wranglers-have-the-highest-resale-value-least-depreciation-of-all-vehicles-after-5-years-ownership.104060/

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hes making excuses. He was always going to get the wrangler. Every ford dealer has broncos on the lot and im sure he could have found exactly what he wanted within a reasonable distance. He didnā€™t order the jeep heā€™s currently in so im sure he settled for a color or options he didnā€™t want, he wasnā€™t willing to do that for a bronco.
Took this today. I think they had about 40 Broncos on the lot.

PXL_20240501_215833125.jpg

OP
OP
FordFamily4Fun

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I just priced out a BB with SAS and auto trans. Nothing else. With acquisition and destination $51,124. That's the cheapest Bronco with SAS you can get.

And what was a base with SAS 3 years ago? This is the point the Rubi guy is making and like I said, I'm glad I bought when I did.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I just priced out a BB with SAS and auto trans. Nothing else. With acquisition and destination $51,124. That's the cheapest Bronco with SAS you can get.

And what was a base with SAS 3 years ago? This is the point the Rubi guy is making and like I said, I'm glad I bought when I did.
It isnā€™t 3 years ago though. This is 2024. The wranglers price has gone up substantially also. When I ordered my wrangler it went up $5000 before it was delivered. Thankfully I was price protected.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My price-protected Basesquatch was 41

OP
OP
FordFamily4Fun

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It isnā€™t 3 years ago though. This is 2024. The wranglers price has gone up substantially also. When I ordered my wrangler it went up $5000 before it was delivered. Thankfully I was price protected.
No doubt cars are up across the board with inflation and supply issues. Jeep has gone up too. My earlier point was I think Ford made the wrong decision by dumping the base and I see it as a straight profit move and it unfortunately prices out people who otherwise would have bought a Bronco. Now they can't afford a Jeep or Bronco.

C-Note

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I own a Bronco and Wrangler. That said, there is no way I buy another Wrangler, unless the wife makes me. THATā€™S the only reason.