First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So true, I go back and forth with preferring the WT exterior over a "non" WT interior. The above posts are dead on. Both the Badlands and OBX have interior choices better than the Wildtrack flagship model. I still can't figure out what they are thinking. I guess this week I am leaning toward an all black interior since I know when I am driving I will have to see that ugly dash and brown tannish color the entire time as I look across my CO hood. Just don't think I can drop this amount of cash with that bugging me. But who knows, next week I may feel otherwise and prefer the WT Exterior the most.

I have factory ordered almost all my previous new cars (three of them were first year models) and have never been this torn with getting the top of line trim or not. I so want my first Ford experience to be a good one. Guess we shall see.
I’m with you ... it’s tough I’ve also ordered my last two ... a 2017 Raptor and 2014 Raptor but the interior colors were simple - black leather and done! I am not looking to jump on any of the numerous complaint wagons, but my single issue is with the lack of a simple black option for what will be a 60k+ vehicle ... and maybe by next week I’ll be back in the OBX because I, like you, will be annoyed every time I look across that damn beige dash!! Time will tell.
Sponsored

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes it sucks.

but fortunately in your case, the roof rack can be ordered separately and installed by your dealer.
Maybe I don't understand this enough then. I was under the assumption that due the GVWR concerns roof racks were prohibited to be installed on the WT (from a dealer). I know technically anybody can install anything on a vehicle, but what is the risk. I was thinking that the GVWR concern of this was tied to safety reasons, thus the reason why even a dealer wouldn't install it. If that's not the case, then that's fine I'll get the dealer to install it. I don't want to introduce a hazard to the vehicle regardless, but I definitely need to understand this more. I was assuming the concern is if you install roof racks plus gear you significantly increase a rollover hazard due to design constraints of the WT.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe I don't understand this enough then. I was under the assumption that due the GVWR concerns roof racks were prohibited to be installed on the WT (from a dealer). I know technically anybody can install anything on a vehicle, but what is the risk. I was thinking that the GVWR concern of this was tied to safety reasons, thus the reason why even a dealer wouldn't install it. If that's not the case, then that's fine I'll get the dealer to install it. I don't want to introduce a hazard to the vehicle regardless, but I definitely need to understand this more. I was assuming the concern is if you install roof racks plus gear you significantly increase a rollover hazard due to design constraints of the WT.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think the Bronco would be safe.

Ford just wants it in the same GVWR class as Jeep so they can't sell it to you over that weight from the factory. But engineering wise the Bronco can handle it without concern.

That's my understanding of it, but I could be wrong.

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think the Bronco would be safe.

Ford just wants it in the same GVWR class as Jeep so they can't sell it to you over that weight from the factory. But engineering wise the Bronco can handle it without concern.

That's my understanding of it, but I could be wrong.
I would think so, honestly. When speaking with a friend over it, his assumption was a safety concern. I initially thought the same as your response; they just want it in the same class as the Jeep to compete. I would think a Sasquatched Bronco is fully capable of handling a roof rack with gear, just wanted some confirmation before doing so and sticking my family in it. I don't plan on rock crawling with gear on the roof. Just want the availability of gear/luggage on the roof when overlanding, beaching, and highway vacation traveling.

But that's good to know I could purchase and install them from the dealer. I am still curious though what Ford plans to change for 22MY that will allow factory installed roof racks w/ accessories.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can take an OBX 4 door, and add on everything including the HD bumper, 2.7, etc and can still have roof racks... bit the moment you add Sasquatch (which only adds the front locker and larger tires) the roof rack has to come off.

But I rarely see an off road rig without a roof rack and they have much higher lift kits and bigger tires so sounds like a liability thing vs a true safety thing.

Sponsored

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I’m still planing on getting a WT, but what is holding me up is not the interior. I’ve learned to accept that all the interiors are ridiculous and I need to find what is the most tolerable. I can’t live with a navy or bronze dash. BL is almost white (with active orange trim). My build is an A51 WT and I’m sticking with it. My likes, my opinion. The seats and paneling are OK, the dash sucks. Whatever. What is griping me is the apparent GVWR. I can’t get roof racks/rails on the 4-door WT but can add a heavy duty modular bumper and a winch and all sorts of other BS on the hitch, but not roof rack. I’m very frustrated with this. I can’t build any 2.7L with 33”s or 35”s with the roof rails. I think it’s mind boggling.
I reserved a WT expecting to get white exterior and the white/grey interior that was teased to us in the prototypes. I thought the white/grey was MGV but another thread said cloth (can dal with small amount of Red trim that was not offensive and actually complimentary)??? Not sure, but agree I cannot order the WT with the Tanish dash and A51 trim everywhere when I wanted white and black, even the pre-faded grey MIC top is horrid and matches nothing. I would settle for black like they offer in the FE now but sill wanted Lux package with all the bells and whistles so moving down performance packs is not really an option. Really do not want a Badlands since I try to avoid rock climbing and wanted the sport mode for some fun in the desert since I live in NV.
Still looking around eBay for Jeeps and tracking the new Defender 110's for any deals, with Coivd and people having to get rid of toys in their garage, who knows what end up in my garage at this point since I am out to MY22 with what I want.
Again, I stated this before, THIS INTERIOR SAYS TAKE ME TO THE BEACH AND PARK NEXT TO THE JEEP TO SHOW OFF, the current WT interior says please put my roof and doors back on...
Ford Bronco Wildtrak Bronco Thread 2ced7d059b3900d0cc41b20bc3c48b55
Ford Bronco Wildtrak Bronco Thread 2021-Ford-Bronco-4-door-1
Ford Bronco Wildtrak Bronco Thread 2021-Ford-Bronco-4-door-2-2

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I reserved a WT expecting to get white exterior and the white/grey interior that was teased to us in the prototypes. I thought the white/grey was MGV but another thread said cloth (can dal with small amount of Red trim that was not offensive and actually complimentary)??? Not sure, but agree I cannot order the WT with the Tanish dash and A51 trim everywhere when I wanted white and black, even the pre-faded grey MIC top is horrid and matches nothing. I would settle for black like they offer in the FE now but sill wanted Lux package with all the bells and whistles so moving down performance packs is not really an option. Really do not want a Badlands since I try to avoid rock climbing and wanted the sport mode for some fun in the desert since I live in NV.
Still looking around eBay for Jeeps and tracking the new Defender 110's for any deals, with Coivd and people having to get rid of toys in their garage, who knows what end up in my garage at this point since I am out to MY22 with what I want.
Again, I stated this before, THIS INTERIOR SAYS TAKE ME TO THE BEACH AND PARK NEXT TO THE JEEP TO SHOW OFF, the current WT interior says please put my roof and doors back on...
Exactly! This package is perfect, and what I originally signed up for. MGV (or options) when expecting to pay 60k with all bells and whistles (LUX).
This image looks killer!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Words won't describe how pissed I will be IF this is one of the new 2022/23 Models and I missed out by getting a 21! That is unless this is the Warthog that comes with a Mortgage.. then they can keep it.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok, so looking at the order guide it says that the auto 4wd transfer case is optional on the 4-door!!! Hasn’t it been included in B&P since the beginning? I thought that was one of the perks!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can't believe that their top of the line, most expensive trim (except for FE) is on a timeout and we're not going to see our Broncos until God knows when. But someone in a base or big bend is going to be loving life this summer.

Way to go ford! I'm so pissed.

Sponsored

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you opt for the “full vehicle bash plates” (61L) you can’t get the sound deadening headliner. Makes no sense to me. The weight of the headliner can’t be that much, can it? I plan on getting the front modular steel bumper which includes steel bash plates under front of the vehicle. Unless I choose the full vehicle bash plates. Does it come with any standard full vehicle bash plates? Which would be the best way to go as far as the bash plates are concerned? Get the front with the bumper now and add full vehicle aftermarket later or get full vehicle now and add front aftermarket later?

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can't believe that their top of the line, most expensive trim (except for FE) is on a timeout and we're not going to see our Broncos until God knows when. But someone in a base or big bend is going to be loving life this summer.

Way to go ford! I'm so pissed.
What did I miss... where is there info saying the Wildtrak is ” on a timeout”???

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think they mean because Ford said the best way to get your bronco fast is to get a big bend trim with the 2.3. Could be wrong though.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

With the majority of reservations looking at a MY22 delivery now (assuming no huge conversion drop-off etc), do you think we will still get the WT at current MSRP, or do you guys think they will force the mod top back on and jack it up a couple grand?

8DaysDazed

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any chance when the mansquatch becomes available they will add a 2.3L 7MT option to the Wildtrak?
Sponsored