Mujenpwr

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Picked up my Wildtrak yesterday woo hoo! Carbonized Grey. I tried to search and I know I’m over thinking the removal of the flares to install mud flaps. I did a search and did not find more details. After you turn the plastic levers a quarter turn from closed, how much effort does it take to get them off? I tried a bit but it was getting late and dark last night. I was concerned with breaking them. Do I yank harder to get them off? I looked At some vids and it appears that’s what you do? I appreciate the “novice” support on this one. And any suggestions.

Thx

Joe
Sponsored

Maury

Wildtrak
First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes that's essentially it. Be careful and don't yank if something feels tight, sometimes it's tricky getting the levers in the correct position.

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They are pretty brittle but once you untwist them they can yank right out. I was nervous too as it was my first mod to any vehicle lol - I've since learned alot from just having this car for 6 months!

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What mud flaps remove you to remove the fender flares for install of them?

Picked up my Wildtrak yesterday woo hoo! Carbonized Grey. I tried to search and I know I’m over thinking the removal of the flares to install mud flaps. I did a search and did not find more details. After you turn the plastic levers a quarter turn from closed, how much effort does it take to get them off? I tried a bit but it was getting late and dark last night. I was concerned with breaking them. Do I yank harder to get them off? I looked At some vids and it appears that’s what you do? I appreciate the “novice” support on this one. And any suggestions.

Thx

Joe

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mujenpwr

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I picked up a set of the IAGs for the front.

What mud flaps remove you to remove the fender flares for install of them?

OP
OP

Mujenpwr

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thats what it seems like the levers need to moved around not fully the opposite direction to get them to wiggle loose? I will try it later this morning.

This explains it a little more.

Yes that's essentially it. Be careful and don't yank if something feels tight, sometimes it's tricky getting the levers in the correct position.

OP
OP

Mujenpwr

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the input everyone. Got them off. it’s easy once you understand the retention panel pins. I followed the video process above.

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the input everyone. Got them off. it’s easy once you understand the retention panel pins. I followed the video process above.
I will add that occasionally some of the guide pins will come off and stay on the vehicle or fall on the ground, just put them back into position on the flares, pretty easy to see how they go.

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thx

Joe
Welcome my Wildtrak brother. Enjoy!!!👍👍

OP
OP

Mujenpwr

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, I had 2 of them do that. Very easy to push out from inside of fender (with gloves on) and reinstall on flare!

I will add that occasionally some of the guide pins will come off and stay on the vehicle or fall on the ground, just put them back into position on the flares, pretty easy to see how they go.