Sponsored

WildTrak Soft Top Test Drive - Quick Thoughts.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

While I dislike the waviness, I do want the lift up rear. That's one of the thing I miss when my JLU is on a soft top vs my hard top.
I agree on paper. Have you tested it? I found it pretty worthless, doesn’t lift very much.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I took a 4D WildTrak Soft Top out today for about half an hour, and here are my thoughts:

1) Overall: Loved it. It is a fantastic vehicle. It looks amazing. I am getting Rapid Red, and it was fantastic in person. The 4 door has perfect proportions....assuming Sasquatch package.

2) Interior: I liked the entire interior. I really think it is nearly perfect for what it is intended to be. It is roomy for my 6'1" 205lb frame. Tons of cargo space with the seats down. The entire interior feels like it is of high quality from a durability standpoint, and it is comfortable. This has been beaten to death, so I won't labor on the interior.

3) Driving impressions: The vehicle is awesome to drive...in one word: fun. I pulled out of the dealer lot and drove for a bit, then dropped the top into the half open position, and dropped the windows. Up to 77mph and it was pure pleasure. I can't ask for more. The only thing I dislike is the low end acceleration. 0-40 feels somewhat slow; there is a pedal lag. On the highway at speed it has PLENTY of power to pass at speed, but taking off is not great...don't pull out in busy traffic. I am hoping that it is limited through the break in period and that this improves.

4) Soft Top: I am glad I changed to the soft top. It is very good quality and looks great...except for those wavy windows. The buckles are not adjustable, so it can not be adjusted out...it is what it is. The fact that Ford allowed Webasto to supply these windows instead of mandating stiff windows like BesTop uses is beyond unbelievable. That said...the rest is very nice and usable. The cloth is great, the function up and down is great. It is solid...it's not going to leak. The top is very good except for that one piece.

1626283159761.png

1626283185063.png

1626283213518.png

1626283234704.png
If you thought the 2.7 was slow, the 2.3 is really a dog off the line. Found it strange that Bronco is so lethargic compared to the 3.5s we’ve had in expeditions and f150s.

OP
OP
Gamecock

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree on paper. Have you tested it? I found it pretty worthless, doesn’t lift very much.
I agree. It’s neat but won’t be used much… or worth giving up flat windows for.

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wonder if they will ever address the acceleration. Same engine in other trucks isn't a snail...

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I wonder if they will ever address the acceleration. Same engine in other trucks isn't a snail...
I'm sure there is lots of torque truncation and torque reduction going on in the PCM. Stock calibration is meant to help the 10R60 live.

Sponsored

MDPensfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was this the WildTrak at Apple Ford in Columbia?

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sheesh, if the V6 struggles in acceleration what’s the 4 going to do?

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure there is lots of torque truncation and torque reduction going on in the PCM. Stock calibration is meant to help the 10R60 live.
I would like it to live, so maybe I’ll leave it configured the way the professional engineers designed it.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sheesh, if the V6 struggles in acceleration what’s the 4 going to do?
I don't have the specs in front of me, but I recall the Bronco curb weight can vary significantly, with some upscale loaded 4-doors nearing 5000lbs.

On the other hand, the Ranger pickup that a lot of people say performs well with the 2.3L, tops out max at around 4400lbs, with some versions just under 4000lbs.

Basically you add 600 or up to 1000 extra pounds of weight to a vehicle, and there will be a performance impact.

I bet the 2.3L will prove a better performing power plant, for the lighter weight versions of the Bronco 2-door. If getting one of the more bloated weight 4-doors, I'd probably go for the 2.7 V6.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have the specs in front of me, but I recall the Bronco curb weight can vary significantly, with some upscale loaded 4-doors nearing 5000lbs.

On the other hand, the Ranger pickup that a lot of people say performs well with the 2.3L, tops out max at around 4400lbs, with some versions just under 4000lbs.

Basically you add 600 or up to 1000 extra pounds of weight to a vehicle, and there will be a performance impact.

I bet the 2.3L will prove a better performing power plant, for the lighter weight versions of the Bronco 2-door. If getting one of the more bloated weight 4-doors, I'd probably go for the 2.7 V6.
Yeah, I agree. It will probably adequate for a 2 door non-sas non-badlands.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
wait >> Webasto supplied the soft-top windows?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
could you tell us this dealer location?

I took a 4D WildTrak Soft Top out today for about half an hour, and here are my thoughts:

1) Overall: Loved it. It is a fantastic vehicle. It looks amazing. I am getting Rapid Red, and it was fantastic in person. The 4 door has perfect proportions....assuming Sasquatch package.

2) Interior: I liked the entire interior. I really think it is nearly perfect for what it is intended to be. It is roomy for my 6'1" 205lb frame. Tons of cargo space with the seats down. The entire interior feels like it is of high quality from a durability standpoint, and it is comfortable. This has been beaten to death, so I won't labor on the interior.

3) Driving impressions: The vehicle is awesome to drive...in one word: fun. I pulled out of the dealer lot and drove for a bit, then dropped the top into the half open position, and dropped the windows. Up to 77mph and it was pure pleasure. I can't ask for more. The only thing I dislike is the low end acceleration. 0-40 feels somewhat slow; there is a pedal lag. On the highway at speed it has PLENTY of power to pass at speed, but taking off is not great...don't pull out in busy traffic. I am hoping that it is limited through the break in period and that this improves.

4) Soft Top: I am glad I changed to the soft top. It is very good quality and looks great...except for those wavy windows. The buckles are not adjustable, so it can not be adjusted out...it is what it is. The fact that Ford allowed Webasto to supply these windows instead of mandating stiff windows like BesTop uses is beyond unbelievable. That said...the rest is very nice and usable. The cloth is great, the function up and down is great. It is solid...it's not going to leak. The top is very good except for that one piece.

1626283159761.png

1626283185063.png

1626283213518.png

1626283234704.png

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I dislike the waviness, I do want the lift up rear. That's one of the thing I miss when my JLU is on a soft top vs my hard top.
Not me. As a jeep owner it takes me all of 10 seconds to unzip 2 zippers in rear, lift the flap up onto the rollbar to load/unload my dog. I saw the soft top in person, I’ll never use the rear top lift. Would rather have straight clean windows.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How was the road noise with the soft top? As much as I dont want to change I am starting to consider it
Sponsored