Sponsored

WildTrak Soft Top Test Drive - Quick Thoughts.

OP
OP
Gamecock

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How was the road noise with the soft top? As much as I dont want to change I am starting to consider it
I really did not think it was bad. I did drop it though before I went on the highway, so only had it up up to about 50mph, so jot sure above that how it was with the top up. I definitely didn’t find it objectionable. I was thinking I was really glad I switched through list of the ride.
Sponsored

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Although this is subjective to different tastes.. how did you feel about the tan/cream interior?

That's my sore point right now with getting a Wildtrak.. I'm getting leather; however, the cloth camo seats really didn't bother me. The dash and door panel colors do. Especially with A51.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For the speculators, the soft top Wildtrak are not for sale units. They had a few at the bronco off-roadeo.
but won’t these mannequins be for sale eventually?

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can bank on it.
exactly…so someone will be able to purchase a soft top Wildtrak that is not offered for those waiting .

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gamecock

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Although this is subjective to different tastes.. how did you feel about the tan/cream interior?

That's my sore point right now with getting a Wildtrak.. I'm getting leather; however, the cloth camo seats really didn't bother me. The dash and door panel colors do. Especially with A51.
I really did think it looked good in person. I thought I would hate it, but I liked it. I am getting an MGV Badlands interior, so didn’t focus on it… but my impression overall on the colors was that it worked well together. I would have been more than happy to buy that truck with that interior today and go home.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We still wonder what goat mode you were in....

OP
OP
Gamecock

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We still wonder what goat mode you were in....
Normal. I ran it mostly in normal…because I won’t have sport in my Badlands.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Normal. I ran it mostly in normal…because I won’t have sport in my Badlands.
If you think the WT acceleration was a dog, it will only be worse on the much heavier BL with no Sport mode.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I drove a Wildtrak soft top mannequin today as well. I drove up to see it because it was a Wildtrak - wanted to see the interior combo, drive it, etc. I loved it - it was awesome. I had seen a Big Bend and OBX before during the national tour, but this was my first time seeing nearly my complete build

It was a Wildtrak with sasquatch (included), soft top, high package, and modular front bumper, and . Lux package is the only thing missing that I ordered.

I'm about 6'0" and I found ingress/egress easy - I actually found the step unnecessary but also useful - meaning, I don't have to use it, but I know I'll use it sometimes, and will be handy for shorter passengers......as well as washing the roof.

I thought it drove really well - got to drive it on surface streets and the highway. Tracked nicely, steered well, was composed on the highway. I found it quick - I put it in sport mode and thought it accelerated well - It's obviously not my Mustang, but it's much better than the Flex.

Interior materials were good - I retain the same opinion I had before - they're good quality, though mostly "hard touch" except for a few major touch points like the arm rest and upper door panel/arm rest (which as others have mentioned falls perfectly to rest your arm on it). And frankly, it didn't bother me as much this time - could they be fancier? Sure, but they'll last. I also liked the interior color combo - I was never in the dislike camp for Wildtrak's black/tan pairing - but I liked it......the tan isn't as obviously tan as it might look in photos - it's more of a "gray" tan than your 90's tan interior - and not that dissimilar from what I have in my Flex currently (medium sandstone is what they called it in the Flex).

I did find the soft top to be loud, especially on the highway. It was ok in the front row, but could hear a lot of noise behind me. My mom, who came along and sat in the back seat, said it was loud back there, and almost echo-y coming from the rear compartment. I've been told the hard top is a more "normal" vehicle experience/quieter. It's much louder than my Mustang's soft top......obviously a bigger area to cover in the Bronco. It was wet/raining out so didn't get a chance to pop the roof back.

All in all, I'm glad I went and drove it. I just wish I had mine haha.

How was the road noise with the soft top? As much as I dont want to change I am starting to consider it

Last edited:

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I drove a Wildtrak soft top mannequin today as well. I drove up to see it because it was a Wildtrak - wanted to see the interior combo, drive it, etc. I loved it - it was awesome. I had seen a Big Bend and OBX before during the national tour, but this was my first time seeing nearly my complete build

It was a Wildtrak with sasquatch (included), soft top, high package, and modular front bumper, and . Lux package is the only thing missing that I ordered.

I'm about 6'0" and I found ingress/egress easy - I actually found the step unnecessary but also useful - meaning, I don't have to use it, but I know I'll use it sometimes, and will be handy for shorter passengers......as well as washing the roof.

I thought it drove really well - got to drive it on surface streets and the highway. Tracked nicely, steered well, was composed on the highway. I found it quick - I put it in sport mode and thought it accelerated well - It's obviously not my Mustang, but it's much better than the Flex.

Interior materials were good - I retain the same opinion I had before - they're good quality, though mostly "hard touch" except for a few major touch points like the arm rest and upper door panel/arm rest (which as others have mentioned falls perfectly to rest your arm on it). And frankly, it didn't bother me as much this time - could they be fancier? Sure, but they'll last. I also liked the interior color combo - I was never in the dislike camp for Wildtrak's black/tan pairing - but I liked it......the tan isn't as obviously tan as it might look in photos - it's more of a "gray" tan than your 90's tan interior - and not that dissimilar from what I have in my Flex currently (medium sandstone is what they called it in the Flex).

I did find the soft top to be loud, especially on the highway. It was ok in the front row, but could hear a lot of noise behind me. My mom, who came along and sat in the back seat, said it was loud back there, and almost echo-y coming from the rear compartment. I've been told the hard top is a more "normal" vehicle experience/quieter. It's much louder than my Mustang's soft top......obviously a bigger area to cover in the Bronco. It was wet/raining out so didn't get a chance to pop the roof back.

All in all, I'm glad I went and drove it. I just wish I had mine haha.
Thanks for the details! As far as the noise, was it road noise, tire noise or combo of everything? My build is OBX non sas so if it was tire noise I would have to assume the OBX tires are going to be much quieter lol

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the details! As far as the noise, was it road noise, tire noise or combo of everything? My build is OBX non sas so if it was tire noise I would have to assume the OBX tires are going to be much quieter lol
Wiltrak is sasquatch by default, so there was definite tire noise, but I could tell what that was, and I actually though that was pretty low compared to what I remember my dad's Raptor having initially years ago.

It was more wind/exterior noise that I found to be loud. One thing to note, though, it was basically a test drive with the sales guy in the car/back seat, so there was no music on like you'd normally have to help drown out other noises. Numbers wise, my watch said around 68-70 db from the drivers seat, but not sure how accurate that actually is, and like I said before, the noise was definitely coming from the rear part of the cabin (obviously, but worth pointing out).

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wiltrak is sasquatch by default, so there was definite tire noise, but I could tell what that was, and I actually though that was pretty low compared to what I remember my dad's Raptor having initially years ago.

It was more wind/exterior noise that I found to be loud. One thing to note, though, it was basically a test drive with the sales guy in the car/back seat, so there was no music on like you'd normally have to help drown out other noises. Numbers wise, my watch said around 68-70 db from the drivers seat, but not sure how accurate that actually is, and like I said before, the noise was definitely coming from the rear part of the cabin (obviously, but worth pointing out).
You said 68-70 db at what speed was this?
Also soft top?

ATXGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSQ8
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

exactly…so someone will be able to purchase a soft top Wildtrak that is not offered for those waiting .
I'm going to guess they will eventually switch it to a MIC top before sale, or start offering soft tops on WildTraks
Sponsored