Sponsored

Will 2024 Black Diamond or Big Bend still not be able to get HIGH or LUXE packages?

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would love to get Badland's (2 door!!) but don't have the $$$ for it... so I am focused on Black Diamond (possibly Big Bend) but I will be living where it is COLD (which is weather I LOVE) but my hands🤚 are always cold ❄... heated steering wheel would be super nice!!

Right now Black Diamond and Big Bend is maxing out at MID package, ridiculous. Seems this won't change for 2024? So no higher packages for those trims in 2024 either?

So if someone wants heated steering wheel they have to pay several thousands more for it? Insane.

I will start researching ways I can possibly replace Black Diamond steering wheel with heated one after market... No "steering wheel covers", do not want that.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Vehicle options are dictated by wiring. The floor, IP and engine compartment wiring dictate what electrical components are available on the vehicle. Typically manufacturers have 2 wiring choices, basic and high end. That’s why it’s difficult (or impossible) to add a 12” screen to a black Diamond.

OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Vehicle options are dictated by wiring. The floor, IP and engine compartment wiring dictate what electrical components are available on the vehicle. Typically manufacturers have 2 wiring choices, basic and high end. That’s why it’s difficult (or impossible) to add a 12” screen to a black Diamond.

Thankfully all trims will have 12" screen in 2024... so at least I don't have to worry about that one.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would love to get Badland's (2 door!!) but don't have the $$$ for it... so I am focused on Black Diamond (possibly Big Bend) but I will be living where it is COLD (which is weather I LOVE) but my hands🤚 are always cold ❄... heated steering wheel would be super nice!!

Right now Black Diamond and Big Bend is maxing out at MID package, ridiculous. Seems this won't change for 2024? So no higher packages for those trims in 2024 either?

So if someone wants heated steering wheel they have to pay several thousands more for it? Insane.

I will start researching ways I can possibly replace Black Diamond steering wheel with heated one after market... No "steering wheel covers", do not want that.
1636331735319-png.png

You're welcome.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco Will 2024 Black Diamond or Big Bend still not be able to get HIGH or LUXE packages? 1636331735319-

You're welcome.
OMG.

I need to start researching how I can light campfire inside the Bronco because heated steering wheel idea bit the dust. Then I can also research how to make s'mores & toasted marshmallows while driving. I like to be efficient.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've had heated steering wheels in my Ford products and while its nice, I don't miss it in my Bronco like I thought I would. Keep in mind you do have remote start, so if it is that cold out, you can warm the car up for a few minutes first and it will take the chill away on the wheel.

OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ah I see thanks for the replies! That would really suck if I got the heated steering wheel and it wasn't all that great and/or not what I expected. The remote start seems like it would indeed be good solution.

Right now what I've been doing (since my car did not have remote start) is put my hand in front or on top of the heater vents... not practical having to lean forward while driving in order to place hands on top of heater vents. So I end up sitting on one hand at a time since seats are heated LOL

When I test drive Bronco I'm going to test out the heated steering wheel. I hope I do NOT like it!!! Save $$$

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 360 camera and mgv is what pushed me from my favorite trim(BD) to Badlands. If you want a warm steering wheel on a BD get this...
Ford Bronco Will 2024 Black Diamond or Big Bend still not be able to get HIGH or LUXE packages? Screenshot_20230815-113151

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ah I see thanks for the replies! That would really suck if I got the heated steering wheel and it wasn't all that great and/or not what I expected. The remote start seems like it would indeed be good solution.

Right now what I've been doing (since my car did not have remote start) is put my hand in front or on top of the heater vents... not practical having to lean forward while driving in order to place hands on top of heater vents. So I end up sitting on one hand at a time since seats are heated LOL

When I test drive Bronco I'm going to test out the heated steering wheel. I hope I do NOT like it!!! Save $$$
Rest assured that the heated seats (available with the MID package on the Black Diamond) combined with the MGV will provide plenty of heat to alternate your hands. I've only managed to have the heated seats on the level 2 setting. Level 3 is like lava.

Between the heated seats and the remote start, you won't miss the heated steering wheel.

OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Rest assured that the heated seats (available with the MID package on the Black Diamond) combined with the MGV will provide plenty of heat to alternate your hands. I've only managed to have the heated seats on the level 2 setting. Level 3 is like lava.

Between the heated seats and the remote start, you won't miss the heated steering wheel.

That's true. My hands are always only FREEZING in the beginning but once car warms up inside my hands are no longer freezing. So long as I have heated seats, which I really LOVE (I even use heated seats when it's not cold outside sometimes LOL it's just so cozy). So I think I can bypass heated steering wheel... it's not worth losing thousands of dollars for it 😡

Plus I wear hand lotion. I can almost imagine heated steering wheel "melting" the lotion on my hands getting the steering wheel gross or something. LOL I am trying to find out additional CONS (other than cost) to having heated steering wheel. The high cost alone should KILL it!! ☠

RIP heated steering wheel.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I mean what is the price difference between a BD and a lux BL? Three Bananas???

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As an Alaskan, I'm not sure I'm good taking winter advice from a Floridian. 😅

I'm researching the heated wheel install on a High package myself, in Alaska winters heated wheels are far more comfortable.

I've already done it once with my LWN Colorado that didn't come with a heated wheel.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I go to the airport every week usually at 5 am and during the winter it’s single digit outside. I remote start my car and forget to turn on the heated seats and wheel. I guess I don’t need it if the cabin is warm.
Sponsored