First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Get the BB with Sig lights! Also get the optional rear locker. I agree BB bumper with fog lights looks better than BD metal bumper and it weighs less. It will be a better looking car imo. Advanced 4x4 doesn't excite me. The jury is out on MGV. In S. Florida where I live, it's a liability because too hot n sweaty! Cloth has always worked for me, vinyl and leather makes my legs sweat. The Sig lights look great and they will be a very expensive pain in the ass to add much later to a BD.
Amen brother on the LED Signature lights! I'm hoping to retire to Florida so the BB will fit right in! Tired of these cold Chicagoland winters. Tomorrow I will change my reservation into an order!
Sponsored

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the Bronco cloth seats look cheap and have seen videos with the MGV and like it much better and I live close to the beach. I will be happier with the BD. I understand your likes and dislikes. We all have different lists of what we want our Bronco to come with.

Last edited:

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I priced a Big Bend that has the ALL Black Diamond capabilities except seats and flooring. SURPRISINGLY, the Big Bend is CHEAPER and LOOKS BETTER than the Black Diamond. See the photos and pricing and decide which looks better. Here's why I think the Big Bend is better.

Big Bend has
- Better looking grille
- Allows Signature headlights ($795)
- Optional Rear Diff Locker (BD Std)
- Optional Heavy Duty Bumper (BD Std)
- Optional Rock Rail (BD Std)
- Optional Aux Switches (BD Std)
- Aluminum wheels Std
- Cloth seats & carpet (preferred for me in Miami Beach, don't care much one way or the other)

Black Diamond
- No Signature headlight option
- Ugly grille (imo)
- Steel rims Std (BB Std, optional pictured $995)
- Vinyl seats & rubber floors (others prefer this)
- AT tires Std

I added all options to Big Bend that are standard on the Black Diamond which included EVERYTHING necessary for off-roading. Also added the pretty headlights and Aux switches. Added aluminum rims to BD. I'd ride BB street tires and replace with ATs later. Don't you think the BB looks a lot better??

Big Bend A51.jpg
Black Diamond.jpg
pricing.png
Unpopular opinion: I like the BB grill slightly mote than the BD. But I absolutely hate the signature lights. Plus, I’m a K9 guy so want the MGV, and I want the advanced 4x4. So BD for me. I won’t pay the extra for BL for ugly grill even though I want heated seats with the 7m.

Last edited:

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm back to second-guessing (actually, it's probably like 11th-guessing at this point).

I originally reserved a Badlands. Then I thought, "I'll never use any of that Badlands stuff... I should just get a Big Bend. It does everything I'd need the vehicle to do and is cheaper and gets better fuel economy."

Then along the way, I somehow landed in the middle on a Black Diamond. And that's what I ultimately ordered.

Then... I second-guessed the Black Diamond and convinced myself I'd "regret it" if I didn't get "the best one", so I changed my order to a Badlands. And that's where I am currently.

Now I'm back to debating it all again.

My wife and I just picked up a new-to-us used 2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU Willys. It's a heck of a vehicle. It rides nice, has a dana 30 front / dana 44 rear, open diffs, etc. On the stock 32s on that JKU... I can't imagine ever going anywhere it wouldn't take us. At most we do moderate trail riding to get to campsites/lakes and occasionally play in the snow. I really have no need for 35s or lockers or any of that.

Went to my Ford showroom the other day and sat in a Badlands and a Big Bend. The Badlands, obviously, has the presence and "wow factor". I walked out of there thinking "Okay, I'm dumb for even still debating this. Badlands all the way."

But the more I think about it... the more I sink back into thinking, "The Big Bend is so much more practical and would be everything I need. It'd be at least equal to (or superior to) the JKU we just bought... and that vehicle is already more capable in stock form than anything I'd use it for."

So now I'm thinking about switching my order back down to a Big Bend.

But then there's the Black Diamond compromise that I had settled on originally. I love the steelies, I like the idea of the MGV and wash out floors (I say the "idea" because I'm not sure what it'd be like to really live with those. Super hot/sweaty in summer? Shrug.). I don't know that I need all the body protection, bash plates, etc. I could always add that later if needed.

Ho hum. I know there are a hundred threads like this all over the forum with a thousand posts. Just figured I'd revive the debate once again to see what you guys are thinking... Big Bend? Black Diamond? Ergh...

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
ME , im going for the BB 2Door 2.3 , Auto , mid package , sig lights, roof rails , tube steps, aux switch, keyless entry , 4.27 R. axle locking diff. HPRed.
makes me think im getting more for less @ $41,410 :p
if an ever I get a build date :cry:

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm back to second-guessing (actually, it's probably like 11th-guessing at this point).

I originally reserved a Badlands. Then I thought, "I'll never use any of that Badlands stuff... I should just get a Big Bend. It does everything I'd need the vehicle to do and is cheaper and gets better fuel economy."

Then along the way, I somehow landed in the middle on a Black Diamond. And that's what I ultimately ordered.

Then... I second-guessed the Black Diamond and convinced myself I'd "regret it" if I didn't get "the best one", so I changed my order to a Badlands. And that's where I am currently.

My wife and I just picked up a new-to-us used 2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU Willys. It's a heck of a vehicle. It rides nice, has a dana 30 front / dana 44 rear, open diffs, etc. On the stock 32s on that JKU... I can't imagine ever going anywhere it wouldn't take us. At most we do moderate trail riding to get to campsites/lakes and occasionally play in the snow. I really have no need for 35s or lockers or any of that.

Went to my Ford showroom the other day and sat in a Badlands and a Big Bend. The Badlands, obviously, has the presence and "wow factor". I walked out of there thinking "Okay, I'm dumb for even still debating this. Badlands all the way."

But the more I think about it... the more I sink back into thinking, "The Big Bend is so much more practical and would be everything I need. It'd be at least equal to (or superior to) the JKU we just bought... and that vehicle is already more capable in stock form than anything I'd use it for."

But then there's the Black Diamond compromise that I had settled on originally. I love the steelies, I like the idea of the MGV and wash out floors (I say the "idea" because I'm not sure what it'd be like to really live with those. Super hot/sweaty in summer? Shrug.). I don't know that I need all the body protection, bash plates, etc. I could always add that later if needed.

Ho hum. I know there are a hundred threads like this all over the forum with a thousand posts. Just figured I'd revive the debate once again to see what you guys are thinking... Big Bend? Black Diamond? Ergh...
Personally I'm glad I saved money and got BD instead of BL. I can just get larger tires later when these wear out

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I debated Big Bend vs. Black Diamond. Having to pay $995 on BD to forgo steelies is stupid, I like the sandstone interior more on BB, not a fan of the random blue accents inside BD, steel bumpers add weight and don't look as sleek IMO, no fogs on BD, vinyl seats would be nice for cleaning but again with the blue stitching plus they don't breathe as well, Not sure why everyone hates on the Big Bend wheels, they look pretty sick to me especially against Shadow Black. BD tires look a little nicer but way heavier and more agressive which means even worse mpgs compared to BB.

To me it boils down to if you are actually gonna off-road the thing hard get the Black Diamond. I've had a TRD off-road Tacoma for five years and I have used the low range maybe twice, never touched the diff lock, and my agressive tires that I thought looked cool got old after about two fill-ups...lesson learned. Maybe I'm just getting old and boring lol

ChrisCozart

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond (non-Sas.)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I'd say that if you think you "need" an option that is standard on the Badlands, is that option something I'd be OK with adding later via aftermarket (wheels/tires, bumpers,...), or is it an option that is best coming from the factory (front/rear lockers, disconnecting sway bar, 12" screen,...). Me personally, I settled on the Black Diamond....rugged interior, rear locker to get me to 99% of the placed I'd want to go, didn't need 12" screen, and mid-range price point. I didn't even get the Sasquatch because the base BD will do everything I need it to do, plus, aftermarket has already show that it is easy to put 35"s on any Bronco. And I plan to add the ford performance off road struts using my ford pass points. And the money saved from not getting a higher trim....I can afford to put premium fuel for that little extra 2.7 oomph!

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

I originally wanted a Black Diamond, but quickly changed to Badlands for months, right up until order time. At the very end I did a complete about face and ordered...

Base 2.7L Sasquatch - MIC top. I got it a while ago and COULD NOT be happier. It has a better stance than any non-Squatched Badlands. The ride quality is great and it is an ABSOLUTE BARGAINS vs the other trims.

DrSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've always said BB was the best value for many people.

Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You're right, many of us have had the same debate! I'm cool with Black Diamond because I think 4A is nice to have (optional on BD and higher, I believe), I like the MGV, I like the steelies, I like the simple non-signature lighting, and I like the color blue (interior accents).

But, like you, I've wondered if going down to Big Bend is all I really *need*. And I've wondered if I shouldn't go all-in with a Badlands. Black Diamond is a nice compromise for me.

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My original reservation was for a BL, primarily because I like the factory 33s and the grille. But once I started researching the other trims, the BB made the most sense for my needs and budget. This is a daily driver for me and likely my last vehicle. I'm not an off-roader, so the BB will be be perfect for me.

CagyBasilisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I debated Big Bend vs. Black Diamond. Having to pay $995 on BD to forgo steelies is stupid, I like the sandstone interior more on BB, not a fan of the random blue accents inside BD, steel bumpers add weight and don't look as sleek IMO, no fogs on BD, vinyl seats would be nice for cleaning but again with the blue stitching plus they don't breathe as well, Not sure why everyone hates on the Big Bend wheels, they look pretty sick to me especially against Shadow Black. BD tires look a little nicer but way heavier and more agressive which means even worse mpgs compared to BB.

To me it boils down to if you are actually gonna off-road the thing hard get the Black Diamond. I've had a TRD off-road Tacoma for five years and I have used the low range maybe twice, never touched the diff lock, and my agressive tires that I thought looked cool got old after about two fill-ups...lesson learned. Maybe I'm just getting old and boring lol
I originally ordered a BB and the sticking point for me was that I hated the seats and for several months out of the year it is either wet or wet and salty and my carpets in vehicles have always gotten gross. For equivalent options, I wound up only paying $400 more to go Black Diamond and the only thing I really didn't like was the black steelies.

I wound up opting for the steelies, simply because I will eventually replace them anyway. Decided that I will probably keep the steelies for winter tires. Especially with the new bumper that gives factory fogs standard, It just makes more sense for the BD in my opinion.

Granted, the wife has an SR5 4Runner and the biggest thing I have wanted when we've taken that offroad is a more aggressive tire, the stock tires get mud clogged on the farm very quick. We don't offroad hard, but the upgrades on the BD make sense for what we do.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There’s alota configurations that come to within a couple of thousand dollars. It really comes down to pick a price point and build a Bronco you like.

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
All these latest comments are just making me even more second-guessy... Ha.

The notion of "will I off-road it hard" is kind of a tough one. My primary reason for getting a Bronco is to have a comfortable camping-trip-off-roader. But... I have a 2005 Jeep LJ with 32s, open diffs, and a dana 30 front that I've had all up and down every OHV trail near me without ever getting into anything where I felt I needed a locker. A stock BB would probably have better offroading components out of the box (even without a rear locker) than what I'm used to having.

More important to me would be underarmor/skid plates. But I'm sure there will be limitless aftermarket options for that in a couple years. Though it is nice that the BD has all of that pre-installed, and overall I feel like the BD is the best dollar-value for what you get.

This is probably a silly consideration, but as a Jeep guy... I LOVE Bartact seat covers. If they made them for other makes/models, I'd put them in every car I own. One of the selling points for me for potentially going BB is that I could Bartact up those stock cloth seats. If I went BD, I'd roll with the MGV. Wouldn't make sense to put waterproof covers on waterproof seats... But I have a feeling here in the south I'd hate the swamp-a** from riding on those non-breathing MGV seats in the summer. That said, the BD interior is my favorite color combo. I do like the black-on-gray scheme and the blue accents don't bother me. The BB sandstone on black interior, though, is my second favorite interior color. Some Bartacts w/ Khaki centers would look awesome against the sandstone doors and dash.

Oh, decisions decisions...
Sponsored