Sponsored

Will I be forced to pick a new color (currently Cyber Orange) for 2023 model?

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I placed an order for a 2 door Badlands Sasquatch 2.3 manual tow package in Cyber Orange on the last day. As my build will be in 2023 at best and Cyber Orange is being discontinued will I be forced to change colors or is Ford honoring their existing orders?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you get pushed to a 23 you'll have to change the color.

OP
OP

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That I don't know, I'm sure someone on here will have some information even if it's speculative.

OP
OP

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN CONFIRMED
Dear XXXX
Congratulations on ordering your new Bronco Badlands™2 Door! We’re excited to let you know that your order has been placed by Mahwah Ford Sales & Service, Inc..​
A SUMMARY OF YOUR ORDER IS OUTLINED BELOW*
2022 Bronco Badlands™ 2 Door:​
  • 2.3L EcoBoost® I-4 Engine
  • 7-Speed Manual Transmission
  • 17” Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum with Warm Alloy Beauty Ring Beadlock Capable
  • 35" LT315/70R17 Mud-Terrain Tires
  • Cyber Orange Metallic Tri-Coat
  • Vinyl Black Seats
  • Badlands with High Package
  • Sasquatch™ Package

Sponsored
OP
OP

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received this from Ford. Is this considered a reservation or purchase?

Ford keeps sending me invites to take their Off-Rodeo if that makes a difference

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I received this from Ford. Is this considered a reservation or purchase?
That's an Order. Reservations ended in summer of 2021.

You will have to change color just like the folks with Rapid Red and AMB did when they got bumped to 2022.

You will almost certainly also have to pay more.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I placed an order for a 2 door Badlands Sasquatch 2.3 manual tow package in Cyber Orange on the last day. As my build will be in 2023 at best and Cyber Orange is being discontinued will I be forced to change colors or is Ford honoring their existing orders?
As others have said, you will have to resubmit your order based on the options for MY'23. Cyber Orange will not be an option. When did you place your order? If you placed your order on the last day of 3/19/21, then you are price protected. If you are after that cutoff, then you were only price protected for mid-year price increases for that given year. You will not be price protected for future increases. Your new order will be for the MY'23 price and that order will be price protected for mid-year price increases.

OP
OP

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To summarize, I am not getting what I want and never will but can continue waiting to pay whatever the new price is for something different. Upside, if they still don't get their shit together and I get pushed back further I don't have to pay any more than their original price increase. Unless of course I am pushed into '24.

I guess the next big question- I purchased from my dealer for MSRP. When I get bumped does the dealer now have the option to add a $10-15k market price adjustment?

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To summarize, I am not getting what I want and never will but can continue waiting to pay whatever the new price is for something different. Upside, if they still don't get their shit together and I get pushed back further I don't have to pay any more than their original price increase. Unless of course I am pushed into '24.
Yes.

But you can also look around to see what is available on the secondary market. A manual Badlands in Cyber Orange isn't a rare build. Any markup will be offset by the price increases to a degree. There are some instances where others have found their Cyber Orange at MSRP where a buyer couldn't finance. At least you will be purchasing what you originally wanted.

Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You ordered from the dealer at MSRP if you did not get an agreement signed stating that you will pay MSRP they can technically charge you a mark up regardless if you get pushed to another model year.

When did you place your initial order? as others have stated price protection currently only applies to pre 3/19/21 order dates.

OP
OP

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on everyone's responses I will not be asking any medical questions in this thread

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess the next big question- I purchased from my dealer for MSRP. When I get bumped does the dealer now have the option to add a $10-15k market price adjustment?
The dealer always has that option. Very few dealers attempted something so brazen during the MY21-MY22 switchover though.

XchrisX89

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say keep a watchful eye online. I was getting a bit anxious for my order and would scan the internet for Broncos within a 50 mile radius just about everyday and eventually got lucky. Turned out to have everything I wanted and then some and for under MSRP. Guy who ordered it bought it to sell, and ended up trading it in at a Mini dealership and they couldn't get rid of it haha. It sat there for at least 3 months from the first time I noticed it and just waited as the price dropped. Again, I was beyond lucky, but those types of deals are out there.
Sponsored